Status
Not open for further replies.
This response is even more hilarious.

28154171_167437067369742_7612928900523360256_n.jpg

Looool

This response is even more hilarious.

28154171_167437067369742_7612928900523360256_n.jpg

Cable smiling is what sells it.

Deadpool marketing is just riddled with gold stuff. I mean, yeah, it's kind of cheating with this kind of movies (4th wall and all), but still.

How many test screenings that were initially panned actually were improved? In other words what was initially shitty ended up being a decent movie?

Update: March 12, 2018

Rumor: DEADPOOL 2 Test Screenings Are Poorly Received [Updated with New Info]

Test screenings are always hit or miss (Suicide Squad received a standing ovation) and aren’t normally a reflection of what the finished product actually is. Unless it’s awful, in which case there’s really no saving the film at all.

So far, the comments on Twitter have pointed to Deadpool 2 being pretty bad. It all started when blogger Jeremy Conrad posted the following update:

“Fox screened Deadpool 2 tonight (not Dark Phoenix again) and….yikes! First reaction wasn’t what I expected to hear.”

He also added that the film is 30 minutes longer than the first one, the plot is lacking and the character of Vanessa is wasted. Fox was quick to threaten legal action against him for these comments if he didn’t remove the Tweets so, unsurprisingly, he did.

The studio failed to remove all the comments, however. Another Twitter user, Mike Kalinowski, posted saying that Deadpool 2 is “testing really poorly. They are stunned with what the screening audiences are saying. I know people don’t say much about it but, you CANNOT underestimate Tim Millers contribution to getting Deadpool made. He was 1/2 the equation”.

Meanwhile, Robert Burnett put his thoughts on Twitter saying “From my perspective, with what I’ve heard, they’ve made a HUGE, ALIEN 3 blunder with the story”. Fox’s problems just get worse as other, since deleted, Tweets from various users pointed out similar issues.

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/03/11/deadpool-2-poor-test-screenings-fox-shocked/

[UPDATE] Earlier today, we heard that the first test screenings for Deadpool 2 had been something of a disaster and that significant reshoots were set to take place as a result. Well, it's now been made clear that the information was inaccurate and the source was far from reliable, while a number of other reporters and outlets have also weighed in to clear things up. As a result, fans can seemingly stop worrying!

Well, mostly. According to Marvel Studios News, they've heard multiple accounts from people who have attended a Deadpool 2 test screening who loved what they saw, while Collider E-i-C Steve Weintraub points out that the scores from these screenings are high and each managed to do over 90.

Marvel Studios News, meanwhile, notes that the only explanation they can come up with for why some fans in attendance have slated Deadpool 2 is because they've heard about something in the movie which "sounded rather brilliant" but "may bother some fans." They don't divulge more details because it would be considered a big spoiler.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dead...thing-in-the-sequel-which-upsets-fans-a158584

I enjoyed Suicide Squad.

Fight me.

Oh, it was shit, but I enjoyed it.
An important distinction that needs to be made from time to time I think. Just because a movie isn't going to be nominated for any awards doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable.

While Millers departure was troubling, i thought they could make it work. Kneejerk reaction as to why people at the screenings think it sucks=they went full retard.

Guess i'll just have to see. . .

First one was a shit mess movie. Not surprising the 2nd is even more shit.
Its Annoying the main CAN actor actually goes around really thinking he is Deadpool in real life. Lame....

An important distinction that needs to be made from time to time I think. Just because a movie isn't going to be nominated for any awards doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable.

Suicide%2BSquad%2B-%2BVoices.gif

You mean the oscar winning Suicide Squad?
<{cum@me}>

From what I can tell, "Alien 3 level blunder" equates to being more serious than popcorn flick. I'm down with that so long as its coherent and not preachy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back