Frank Dux...Real or Legit?

Apparently he was going to be ask to participate in UFC 1. But he got his ass kick by Zane Frazier because he owed Zane money. The UFC got Zane instead.

Correct.
This is supposedly him in this video, but I don’t know if that can actually be confirmed.

But also, his claim that he KOed 50 guys in one tournament would require over a trillion people to be fighting in the tournament. So, either way he lies. Just how much is up for debate.

Not him.

hqdefault.jpg

Does anyone bother reading anything other than the first page? Or even my post - “this is supposedly him...” the operative word being “supposedly”?
I know the word supposedly. I'm saying it's not him. It's Philippe Cadoret, a French martial artist.

I remember old Bullshido forum threads about him. Some people said he actually had students in some local tournaments and they were actually decent, so I'm sure he had some ability, but perhaps not the seemingly hyperbolic ability that he claimed.

I would be willing to bet those students were all Frank Dux’s accounts that he registered for the sole purpose of propagating that story.

I know the word supposedly. I'm saying it's not him. It's Philippe Cadoret, a French martial artist.

Yes, I got that. But there was no need to tell me as a few posts later I said exactly that. Well, not exactly. I think I referred to the guy as a French dude or something.

Yes, I got that. But there was no need to tell me as a few posts later I said exactly that. Well, not exactly. I think I referred to the guy as a French dude or something.

Sorry I missed them. As they where posted after your post. I replied before I got to them.

I would be willing to bet those students were all Frank Dux’s accounts that he registered for the sole purpose of propagating that story.

It wasn't the students that posted, but other long time Bullshido forum members saying they'd pop up in tourneys from time to time. If it were Dux he'd be saying the students were dominant champs that ko'd their opponents within thew first 30 seconds. This was in the early 2000's on the forum.http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/frank-dux-real-or-legit.3682651/reply?quote=139341501

Apparently he was going to be ask to participate in UFC 1. But he got his ass kick by Zane Frazier because he owed Zane money. The UFC got Zane instead.
Should have still booked him to have a rematch with Zane. No wonder SEG failed and had to sell to Zuffa. Question is would Dux still show up?

So you want to be a fucking Kumite fighter!?

Here’s what I know... my grandfather enter into WW2 when he was 14 in the US ARMY AIR CORP. Dropped in and raised during his teen and early adulthood in Tawain where he was taught the arts originally brought over by the Ming Dynasty for war combat brutal real kung fu including that which was used by the Han (ancient Chinese ninjas) which was a combination of boxing wrestling jujitsu karate judo pressure point nerve and cavity striking and blocking including the same technique Bruce used for his 1 inch punch there is also something he referred to as a no inch palm when teaching me since I was 4 and by 13 he said there was nothing left to teach me anyway long story short... when I was 4 he showed me a hand carved tawainese dragon sword that was ancient the hand gripped was the head of the dragon and the scabbard was the body all wood blade sharp enough to shave your arm hair he said it was to be mine stolen from my storage shed in 90s and last seen on the antique road show in 95 if I remember correctly anyway my grandfather who is not frank dux went AWOL FROM KOREA DURING THE KOREAN WAR WHERE HE MET AN INVADER WHO HE RECONNECTED WITH AND LIVED WITH AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE BRIG FOR GOING AND WINNING THAT SWORD IN THE 50s during the time that liar frank dux says they changed their name FRANK DUX IS A FRAUD!!! In closing statement the only thing about martial arts that should be taught is avoidance and never the arts of war that’s cuz it breeds criminals who steal swords that belong to its right culture and a museum above all else and what we have police and military for not civilians or kids etc believe whatever you want but nothing but the truth has been said here and yes I’m the movie Jackson says invaders which are from where I’m from and it was my grandfather who only taught me may his soul Rest In Peace that was the real deal.... he used to say let me frank with you put up your dukes... right before punched me in the face god I love that man miss you everyday grandpa!!!

Lmao at "a legend on both sides of the iron curtain".

Totally stealing that for my resume.

He won 70 matches in a row, and has had the fastest kick. The media told me.

Correct.
This is supposedly him in this video, but I don’t know if that can actually be confirmed.

But also, his claim that he KOed 50 guys in one tournament would require over a trillion people to be fighting in the tournament. So, either way he lies. Just how much is up for debate.

Round robin, bro. I heard that the CIA can neither confirm nor deny that Frank Dux worked for them.

Here’s what I know... my grandfather enter into WW2 when he was 14 in the US ARMY AIR CORP. Dropped in and raised during his teen and early adulthood in Tawain where he was taught the arts originally brought over by the Ming Dynasty for war combat brutal real kung fu including that which was used by the Han (ancient Chinese ninjas) which was a combination of boxing wrestling jujitsu karate judo pressure point nerve and cavity striking and blocking including the same technique Bruce used for his 1 inch punch there is also something he referred to as a no inch palm when teaching me since I was 4 and by 13 he said there was nothing left to teach me anyway long story short... when I was 4 he showed me a hand carved tawainese dragon sword that was ancient the hand gripped was the head of the dragon and the scabbard was the body all wood blade sharp enough to shave your arm hair he said it was to be mine stolen from my storage shed in 90s and last seen on the antique road show in 95 if I remember correctly anyway my grandfather who is not frank dux went AWOL FROM KOREA DURING THE KOREAN WAR WHERE HE MET AN INVADER WHO HE RECONNECTED WITH AND LIVED WITH AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE BRIG FOR GOING AND WINNING THAT SWORD IN THE 50s during the time that liar frank dux says they changed their name FRANK DUX IS A FRAUD!!! In closing statement the only thing about martial arts that should be taught is avoidance and never the arts of war that’s cuz it breeds criminals who steal swords that belong to its right culture and a museum above all else and what we have police and military for not civilians or kids etc believe whatever you want but nothing but the truth has been said here and yes I’m the movie Jackson says invaders which are from where I’m from and it was my grandfather who only taught me may his soul Rest In Peace that was the real deal.... he used to say let me frank with you put up your dukes... right before punched me in the face god I love that man miss you everyday grandpa!!!
I have no idea what happened here but I was entertained.

Round robin, bro. I heard that the CIA can neither confirm nor deny that Frank Dux worked for them.

I’m pretty sure I can confirm that he didn’t. And even if he did, it was probably only in the capacity of teaching a women’s self defense seminar in one of their offices at lunch.

A couple of years ago our local newspaper here in Niagara Falls did a big puff piece on Dux for some sort of an appearance or seminar or some such thing that he had planned in the city so I sent a letter that was basically a Bullshido-type of expose that they wound up printing about a week before he was due to show up. Well, I'm not claiming that I was solely responsible for him canceling but he never showed up.
Knowing him he was planning to stiff whoever put up the money for him all along. From everything that I've read & heard about him over the years not only is he a total fraud but a POS scam artist as well.
On a side note related to Dux, it was my old friend & sometime training partner, Kevin Rosier of Buffalo who was matched up with Zane Frazier in UFC 1. "Bigfoot" was a former 3 time WKA super heavyweight champion & occasional pro boxer so he could fight but he'd always had trouble with sore hands because of how hard he hit & that was while wearing gloves, bare-knuckled he was taking a big risk. Especially since he'd have to fight three times in order to win the tournament. But, Kevin was a crazy SOB & was willing to take the risk.
Well, as you know he knocked out Frazier in a slobberknocker & sure enough, he broke his hand. Frazier had injured his jaw with a shot as well so Kevin was compromised as hell for his semi-final match vs Gerard Gordeau.
And, he got his ass handed to him & tapped to strikes.
Nutty as he was though, he returned to the UFC for another alternate match but he had no grappling skills at all & was tapped out by "Ghetto Man" Charles in under 30 seconds. He had a few more MMA fights afterward but he was really too old & was nursing too many old injuries to do well at it. His knees were so shot that he couldn't even kickbox anymore so he just boxed the last few years of his career.
But, at least he was a legit fighter, unlike Frank Dux.

Back