NCAA Basketball 17-18 Discussion. Fake Classes Win Championships Edition

they've got the black jimmer fredette

giphy.gif

as for the pac 12 squads...usc got to 23 wins, but they honestly arent all that good. Didnt beat the good teams on their schedule. Sucks for them that they didnt get chance to play either zona or asu at home due to unbalanced conference sched but i doubt they would have done any damage in tourny anyways.

I am glad for asu. didnt expect them to get in after finshing 9th in pac 12 and losing 5 of last 6. But if you truly want to break down the resume from begining to end, they beat kansas at kansas, xavier, kansas st and san diego st all out of conference and went undefeated out of conference. That night be as impressive a non conference sched as anyone in america. Also went 2-0 in conference vs ucla/usc to give them 2 solid win at least in conference. They also didnt lose to the absolute bottom feeders of the pac 12 (cal, oregon st, wazzu) so they avoided any real terrible losses.

zona is clicking big time. Pierre cartwright is playing real well at pg for them right now. I thought he was their second best player in pac 12 tourny and he did a great job holding aaron holiday to 5-20 shooting. Add in the monster ayton looked like and watch out for them. Ayton is a beast. His jumper is money and he plays smart reading defenses and doesnt pick up cheap fouls. He averaged 32 and 16 in the last 2 games of the pac 12 tourny vs ucla and usc and did it while shooting 78%fg and 90%ft. You cant even foul him at this point. Trier needs to step up though, hes struggling big time right now. Im pulling for them.

And last but not least, ucla gonna shock the world. We owe florida some revenge big time. Sweet 16, book it!

I think UCLA will beat Florida. I am not as confident in their second round game though, I don't trust Alford.

I think UCLA will beat Florida. I am not as confident in their second round game though, I don't trust Alford.
This will be the 5th time we play UCLA in the tourney since 06. I guess they're finally due for a win.

Pretty interesting, surprised they would send UK to a cracker jack box with attendance down so much in recent years and being the only team who's fans actually fill arenas

what's up with IU and hiring total creeps?

636562908653966686-JC-langford-04.JPG

that's romeo langford in case you don't know

031.jpg

032.jpg

Last edited:
Boise tickets $300+ for 1st round games in the middle of nowhere. Every other host site 60 bucks or less. Dallas session 1, 6 bucks.

Boise tickets $300+ for 1st round games in the middle of nowhere. Every other host site 60 bucks or less. Dallas session 1, 6 bucks.
For all games on both days?

San Diego State has to pay their own way to get to Kansas for their first round game because of some California law that doesn't permit public schools to use state funds to play in supposedly homophobic states.
They didn't care about UCLA going to China though. :confused:

San Diego State has to pay their own way to get to Kansas for their first round game because of some California law that doesn't permit public schools to use state funds to play in supposedly homophobic states.
They didn't care about UCLA going to China though. :confused:
9ec63d263fdb176f8cc7c77e200aee1b.jpg

Here's the list on the state-funded ban list
https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887
  1. Alabama
  2. Kansas
  3. Kentucky
  4. Mississippi
  5. North Carolina
  6. South Dakota
  7. Tennessee
  8. Texas
Apparently the NCAA is paying for SDSU's trip to Wichita.

9ec63d263fdb176f8cc7c77e200aee1b.jpg

Here's the list on the state-funded ban list
https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887
  1. Alabama
  2. Kansas
  3. Kentucky
  4. Mississippi
  5. North Carolina
  6. South Dakota
  7. Tennessee
  8. Texas
Apparently the NCAA is paying for SDSU's trip to Wichita.
It's stupid anyhow because taxpayers end up reimbursing the school regardless. SDSU football played in the Ft Worth Bowl a few months ago.

One of these two terrible teams is going to win a Florida asswhooping.

That blocking foul was such an obvious offensive. 5+ pt swing when u factor in it was their stars 4th foul.

Wtf was that call?
As a sport NCAA basketball is like blood diamond heroin: it's terrible for you and born off the backs of the exploited but so damn nice and easy sometimes. The refs are you knocking for forehead on the table as you pass out.

It's stupid anyhow because taxpayers end up reimbursing the school regardless. SDSU football played in the Ft Worth Bowl a few months ago.
At least UCLA doesn't have to worry about violating the traveling homosexual ban to Texas on Thursday to face UF.

Back