Do you believe in Hypnosis?

Bme26

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
My first exposure to hypnosis was when I went to a hypnotist show in Las Vegas about 5 years ago. It was me, my dad, my gf and my sisters bf. When the show started, the host conducted these exercises for the audience to do to basically see who was susceptible to being hypnotized. In my head, I was thinking it was mainly bs, therefore I wasn't really focusing on the exercises. As the host finished, the last command was to have your arms up straight in front of you. The host then asked everyone to open their eyes. At that point, you could look around the room and see that some people still had their arms up in front of them, my dad being one of them. Long story short, the host then brought all the people on stage who still had their arms in front of them and proceeded to have them do all these crazy things like dance with each other, act like they're in a live band, etc. Thing is my dad is a pretty shy guy, therefore for him to actually have done these things really tripped me out.

Finally, at the end of the show, the host walked in front of the stage and claimed how his abilities would allow him to get any woman out there. He then walked out near where my group was sitting, seeing as we were in the front row and said " I can even get you" while looking at my girlfriend. I couldn't remember exactly what he said following that, but basically he proceeded to count to 3, snapped his fingers, and then literally my gf passed out in my lap. He then said if she loves you, kiss her and then she'll wake up, to which she did.

Following the show my dad and gf were basically in this blur for the rest of the day and neither could remember being hypnotized.

Fast forward to now, I have been recently considering seeing a clinical hypnotherapist to help with my concentration and confidence. A lot of information I find on the internet claims it's legit and lots of people claim that it has changed their life. Even I've seen it first hand, though in more of an entertainment sense, but I can't help to think, if it could be so beneficial, why is it not more widely spoken about and recommended.

Anyone else have experience with hypnosis?

Last edited:
Only betas allow themselves to be hypnotized

my bitch last week got hypnotised to stop smoking, didnt even last 12 hours

This is the guy from the show in Vegas:

And this was a pretty interesting interview from Rob Dyrdek where he attributed a lot of success from meeting with an hypnotherapist:

I'd never allow someone to hypnotize me- dont know if it's real or not but not messing with it

plus my bitch woke up with a real sore vagina, how come that

Guy i work with swears it got him to stop smoking

I never really believed in that.

I'd say these so called "Hipnotisers" are just good at making people do things unconsciously..

Just like when magicians say things or do things with their hands to make you do what they want without you realizing it.

No. I went to quit smoking a long time ago and never went under, was aware of everything the whole time and then went through all the withdrawal symptoms it supposedly gets rid of. I think it may work with weak minds like religious people or something. If you don't believe in anything, it doesn't work.

My first exposure to hypnosis was when I went to a hypnotist show in Las Vegas about 5 years ago. It was me, my dad, my gf and my sisters bf. When the show started, the host conducted these exercises for the audience to do to basically see who was susceptible to being hypnotized. In my head, I was thinking it was mainly bs, therefore I wasn't really focusing on the exercises. As the host finished, the last command was to have your arms up straight in front of you. The host then asked everyone to open their eyes. At that point, you could look around the room and see that some people still had their arms up in front of them, my dad being one of them. Long story short, the host then brought all the people on stage who still had their arms in front of them and proceeded to have them do all these crazy things like dance with each other, act like they're in a live band, etc. Thing is my dad is a pretty shy guy, therefore for him to actually have done these things really tripped me out.

Finally, at the end of the show, the host walked in front of the stage and claimed how his abilities would allow him to get any woman out there. He then walked out near where my group was sitting, seeing as we were in the front row and said " I can even get you" while looking at my girlfriend. I couldn't remember exactly what he said following that, but basically he proceeded to count to 3, snapped his fingers, and then literally my gf passed out in my lap. He then said if she loves you, kiss her and then she'll wake up, to which she did.

Following the show my dad and gf were basically in this blur for the rest of the day and neither could remember being hypnotized.

Fast forward to now, I have been recently considering seeing a clinical hypnotherapist to help with my concentration and confidence. A lot of information I find on the internet claims it's legit and lots of people claim that it has changed their life. Even I've seen it first hand, though in more of an entertainment sense, but I can't help to think, if it could be so beneficial, why is it not more widely spoken about and recommended.

Anyone else have experience with hypnosis?

A guy named Ross Jeffries wrote a book on using hypnosis to pick up women.
I have never read it myself but heard about it.

055738849X.jpg

I never really believed in that.

I'd say these so called "Hipnotisers" are just good at making people do things unconsciously..
How is that not hypnotizing them?

I've heard people argue that its just the power of suggestion. Im kinda like, "Ok, so whats the difference? It seems like arguing semantics."

How is that not hypnotizing them?

I've heard people argue that its just the power of suggestion. Im kinda like, "Ok, so whats the difference? It seems like arguing semantics."
Usually when people talk about "Hypnotizing" it's usually associated to supernatural or something that normal humans can't do.

Tricking people is different than actually having the power to control their minds.

I think these people are just talented at persuading people to believe something.

In short, yes. If you don't believe it, look at the MK Ultra program. It's a more extreme form of hypnosis, but it goes along the same lines.

The brain is like a computer. You can rewire it to do many things. You can also program the brain to do different things. And similar to multiple profiles on one computer, you can do the same exact thing with the brain.

I believe in it, but I had a hypnotist who failed to hypnotize me, tell me that only a certain type of mind can actually be put under hypnosis, and I wasn't one of them.

Then again, maybe he was just making excuses for being a shitty hypnotist.

Apparently some have never heard of Eddini:

Usually when people talk about "Hypnotizing" it's usually associated to supernatural or something that normal humans can't do.

Tricking people is different than actually having the power to control their minds.

I think these people are just talented at persuading people to believe something.

Honestly, Ive never heard anyone say its supernatural. Just something you learn how to do.

Back