Surprise: Ancient Gladiators Were Vegetarians (according to Smithsonian)

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A huge factor in a gladiator's physical fitness was a meatless diet. During training, he primarily ate beans for protein and barley for carbohydrates.

Pretty sure this is about the same people who would eat shoe leather to not starve to death.

A huge factor in a gladiator's physical fitness was a meatless diet. During training, he primarily ate beans for protein and barley for carbohydrates.

No. It did not happen this way. Just a bunch of vegan liars trying to rewrite the history books to support their nonsense.

i dont think shoe leather gonna save a starving person
Think it’s more about filling your belly at that point. That’s why there’s stories about kids locked at home by their parents that started eating paint chips and carpetting.

They also practiced homosexuality

Coincidence?

Yeah, slaves and prisoners have an awesome diet, let me tell you

Why is that a surprise? I didn't expect a bunch of expendable slaves getting their heads cut off for entertainment to be fed seafood feasts.

Wasn't the typical southern European diet predominantly meat free? I mean shit, my grandmother from Eastern Europe hardly ate meat because money and you grew your own food. I assume it was worse for the Romans. Add to the fact they were slaves.

Yeah, slaves and prisoners have an awesome diet, let me tell you

Prisoners are pretty jacked man
attachment.php

a1d26a68406d3572f1efa9fe1e19de57.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I posted it in one or two vegan threads. The Mexica(commonly known as Aztec) warriors were too.

I posted it in one or two vegan threads. The Mexica(commonly known as Aztec) warriors were too.
Strict veganism did not exist in Mexico with Aztecs. They ate what was plentiful, and usually only people with more money and social status ate meat, however, farmers raised livestock and the people hunted everything from iguana to grasshopper.

Back