Do all women have terrible sense of direction?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Just finished trying to get to a place my girlfriend wanted me to meet at. After reading her directions and then finding the place it couldn't be anymore off. This isn't exclusive to her either it seems like almost all women give horrible directions. What gives

They give a series of landmarks, not street names or actual direction.

Guys tend to have better spacial awareness, girls tend to have better emotional awareness.

That's why it takes a chick 20 minutes to park a car, and it takes a guy 20 minutes to talk about how he really feels.

She's better than me in a city, i'm better than her while hiking or walking in some woods

Her one is much more useful lol

I had a similar experience with a female friend who was in the area of my workplace and asked me to meet up after work. She told me she's in a bar in the area (gave me the name of the freaking district, and it's a big district) and I'm like "send me the exact location of the bar because it's a huge district." She gets annoyed and sends me the location which turns out to be a 10 minute walk on the on the opposite side of the street of where the bar actually was. She sends me the wrong direction and scoffs, "I thought men were better at directions." Was pretty annoying.

I think in general compared to men, yes they are bad at directions, but my hypothesis is that women tend to rely on men to find direction when they're with them. My friend who I traveled with for example seemed space out and have no idea where she was when she was with me (and she admitted this) but when we parted and explored separately, she seemed to have little trouble finding her way.

The person with the worst sense of direction I ever met though was a man. Dude would get lost trying to find a place he's been to several times before and was always late. It was really annoying. He destroyed my stereotype that women have a bad sense of direction.

Yes, and if it weren't for the "Send location" feature on WhatsApp - 2/3 of all men going on dates would never be able to reach these girls, due to their horrible, senseless way of giving directions.

One time I called a girl to ask her where a certain bank was, and her response was, "Uhm....It's just there...everybody knows where that is". Ok, thanks!

Ask for the name of the place they are at. Then just look it up on your phone. Never ask how to get there or even where it is. Its just not worth it.

I read somewhere that man tend to mentally map areas whereas women use landmarks. So basically yeah they have a ahitty sense of direction. They didnt need one throughout the majority of human evolution because they were chained to a stove anyway.

I had a similar experience with a female friend who was in the area of my workplace and asked me to meet up after work. She told me she's in a bar in the area (gave me the name of the freaking district, and it's a big district) and I'm like "send me the exact location of the bar because it's a huge district." She gets annoyed and sends me the location which turns out to be a 10 minute walk on the on the opposite side of the street of where the bar actually was. She sends me the wrong direction and scoffs, "I thought men were better at directions." Was pretty annoying.

I think in general compared to men, yes they are bad at directions, but my hypothesis is that women tend to rely on men to find direction when they're with them. My friend who I traveled with for example seemed space out and have no idea where she was when she was with me (and she admitted this) but when we parted and explored separately, she seemed to have little trouble finding her way.

The person with the worst sense of direction I ever met though was a man. Dude would get lost trying to find a place he's been to several times before and was always late. It was really annoying. He destroyed my stereotype that women have a bad sense of direction.

Generally I tend to think that's the case for a lot of gender differences, there is a natural difference but it will often as not be played up more socially.

That said americans shouldn't really be boasting too much, not exactly hard on a grid system is it? come to the UK full of medieval town plans and one way roads and give yourself a real test.

Women do not come equipped with a very good quality GPS like Men do.

Generally I tend to think that's the case for a lot of gender differences, there is a natural difference but it will often as not be played up more socially.

That said americans shouldn't really be boasting too much, not exactly hard on a grid system is it? come to the UK full of medieval town plans and one way roads and give yourself a real test.

To be fair in this day and age, it'll be hard to get lost at all since everybody carries a map and gps with them. I guess it made it even more annoying that my friend sent me the wrong location. It's not that hard to push location on your phone.

whats worse is guys or girls that are unwilling to ask for directions or help at all.

Guys tend to have better spacial awareness, girls tend to have better emotional awareness.

That's why it takes a chick 20 minutes to park a car, and it takes a guy 20 minutes to talk about how he really feels.
everytime i see either of my sisters cars i cringe. scratches, dents, random holes. damage i dont even know how its possible they got. my sisters cars look like they served a couple tours in the middle east. And they dont even care. lol. my cars i cleaned every week and armoraled the inside and all that stuff.

I made the mistake of not getting an address back in the 70s when there was no GPS. My girlfriend at the time claimed she knew how to get to her sisters home. We ended up having to call from a pay phone and her sisters husband wasn't there. I told my girlfriend to just get the address and I was able to find it.

There are many people who don't understand a map.

I always thought it was because women have no interest in knowing their surroundings, and they could always get a guy to help them out. At least that's the impression i've gotten from lots of women lol.

Just finished trying to get to a place my girlfriend wanted me to meet at. After reading her directions and then finding the place it couldn't be anymore off. This isn't exclusive to her either it seems like almost all women give horrible directions. What gives
No.. you're just dating a dumb one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back