Locked DEADPOOL 2 Thread v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame her Harley was wasted on such a weak franchise.

She was fucking awesome.

Interesting, I found her one of the weakest points of the movie. Her overacting completely ruined every single scene she was in. It was so bad, Jim Carrey was ashamed for her.

The gibberish that was supposed to be her lines was beyond cliche and borderline retarded. It was like almost all sentences had to include a (subtle as a sledgehammer) reference to either her being crazy, puddin' or some 13 yo fantasy of sexy talk.

Such a shame, i thought she was made for that role and would shine in it.

i don't consider all of it her fault, just the overacting. The studio, writers and that hack Ayer should take most of the fault for this shitshow of a movie. You have to work with what you have, and if you have lines that crappy, no amount of acting can pull it out of the gutter.

Interesting, I found her one of the weakest points of the movie. Her overacting completely ruined every single scene she was in. It was so bad, Jim Carrey was ashamed for her.

The gibberish that was supposed to be her lines was beyond cliche and borderline retarded. It was like almost all sentences had to include a (subtle as a sledgehammer) reference to either her being crazy, puddin' or some 13 yo fantasy of sexy talk.

Such a shame, i thought she was made for that role and would shine in it.

i don't consider all of it her fault, just the overacting. The studio, writers and that hack Ayer should take most of the fault for this shitshow of a movie. You have to work with what you have, and if you have lines that crappy, no amount of acting can pull it out of the gutter.

I blame the script for any issues w Margo. She did a spot on HQ imo.

Update: March 20, 2018

DEADPOOL 2 Outscores Original in Test Screenings, Earning a 98 in Its Final Tests

tjGsrLM.jpg

Deadpool 2, which doesn't open until May 18,is already scoring high marks. The Fox film received as high as 98 in recent test screenings, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Deadpool 2, which stars Ryan Reynolds, has been tested three times, with the scores for the first two screenings coming in at 91 and 97. The final test, which occurred in Dallas, tested two separate cuts simultaneously, which scored a 98 and a 94. The 98-scoring cut is the version the team is using, a source with direct knowledge told THR .

The crew attended the final screenings in Dallas, and a source in the audience of that 98 screening describing the environment to THR as being electric and akin to watching the Super Bowl.

It's worth noting the highest test screening the original Deadpool received was a 91, according to insiders. The film went on to gross $783 million worldwide and stands as the highest-grossing X-Men movie of all time.

Studios conduct test screenings of their movies by recruiting audiences, who are shown a cut of the film and asked to rate it using boxes marked excellent, very good, good, fair, and poor that is then scaled. Studios also conduct followup questionnaires and discussions about the film.

Deadpool 2 underwent re-shoots — six days worth last month in Vancouver — to add more of what test screen audiences enjoyed. That's three days fewer than those done for 2016's Deadpool. There was also two hours worth of work recently in Los Angeles for a secret cameo.

Deadpool 2 stars series newcomers Josh Brolin (Cable) along with Zazie Beetz (Domino) and Julian Dennison, as well as returning castmembers Morena Baccarin (Vanessa), T.J. Miller (Weasel), Stefan Kapicic (Colossus), Brianna Hildebrand (Negasonic Teenage Warhead), Leslie Uggams (Blind Al) and Karan Soni (Dopinder).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-outscores-original-test-screenings-1095838

Why is black lightning in the plane with deadpool? Or is that emanuel newton? Really tho, other than domino, who else is in that plane? I dont see cable.

Why is black lightning in the plane with deadpool? Or is that emanuel newton? Really tho, other than domino, who else is in that plane? I dont see cable.

Cable will be introduced as bad in this, right? Then they get all chummy, come together and kick the big bads ass?

Cable will be introduced as bad in this, right? Then they get all chummy, come together and kick the big bads ass?
I just realized I have been confusing Cable with Bishop this entire time. I was wondering why he wasnt black?? For some reason Bishop stood out more in the xmen show in the 90's. I guess they both time travel.

I just realized I have been confusing Cable with Bishop this entire time. I was wondering why he wasnt black?? For some reason Bishop stood out more in the xmen show in the 90's. I guess they both time travel.
And they were introduced around the same time iirc.

Can't wait for this one the first was one of my favourite comic book movies of all time

I remember some time ago I went to wikipedia and found out that Bishop is not black but Australian Aboriginal or something like that in comics (but maybe I remember it wrong and he is Aboriginal only in certain comic book universe).

What have they ever changed in reshoots that made a bad movie good?

I will reserve judgement, but I'm not going in with super high expectations.
Jaws, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Back to the Future.

Idris Elba is the next Cable, bro.

Him or Gillian Anderson, I can't remember which now.

So it went from- test audience scores were bad to test audience scores were resoundingly positive?

So it went from- test audience scores were bad to test audience scores were resoundingly positive?
I'm confused by that as well. I guess the early test we heard about wasn't scored? Not to imply I know how these test scores work.

I'm confused by that as well. I guess the early test we heard about wasn't scored? Not to imply I know how these test scores work.

I’m wondering if it’s like cinema score where like a C is considered atrocious. Maybe it got like high 80s on this scale and that was perceived as a big disappointment? I’d like to know more about the scoring.

I’m wondering if it’s like cinema score where like a C is considered atrocious. Maybe it got like high 80s on this scale and that was perceived as a big disappointment? I’d like to know more about the scoring.
Well it specifically says that the first screening received a 91, second screening received a 97, and just recently they screened two different cuts simultaneously, one of which received a 98, the other a 94.

Something shady is afoot.

edit: "Deadpool 2, which stars Ryan Reynolds, has been tested three times, with the scores for the first two screenings coming in at 91 and 97. The final test, which occurred in Dallas, tested two separate cuts simultaneously, which scored a 98 and a 94. The 98-scoring cut is the version the team is using, a source with direct knowledge told THR ."

edit 2: https://www.screengeek.net/2018/03/...reportedly-not-testing-poorly-with-audiences/

smells like damage control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back