Jeremy Piven's girlfriend weighs in on #MeToo

If she didn't like my penis, she'd be honest? I like her.

Basically, most people including everyone on sherdog doesn’t have the brain power to evaluate something like #metoo on any basis other than “it’s good” or “it’s bad.”

Is there somewhat of an overreaction right now? Yes. Some people are taking it too far. But it also exposed a lot of bullshit that you wouldn’t want your daughter or wife to have to put up with - men using their position in the workplace to get away with sexually harassing women and sometimes assaulting them. And the culture of pervasiveness allowing it to happen.

But I knew as soon as it began that sherdoggers would be looking for the one illegitimate claim of harassment so they could justify turning their backs on the people who have a legitimate issue. Sherdoggers are afraid of women and afraid of anything that disrupts the status quo.

Basically, most people including everyone on sherdog doesn’t have the brain power to evaluate something like #metoo on any basis other than “it’s good” or “it’s bad.”

Is there somewhat of an overreaction right now? Yes. Some people are taking it too far. But it also exposed a lot of bullshit that you wouldn’t want your daughter or wife to have to put up with - men using their position in the workplace to get away with sexually harassing women and sometimes assaulting them. And the culture of pervasiveness allowing it to happen.

But I knew as soon as it began that sherdoggers would be looking for the one illegitimate claim of harassment so they could justify turning their backs on the people who have a legitimate issue. Sherdoggers are afraid of women and afraid of anything that disrupts the status quo.

You aren't using your brain power to correctly evaluate sherdoggers either.

I don't think anyone out there disagrees with women not needing to put up with the Harvey Weinstein shit. That's a given.

It's the nth degree that Hollywood takes it that ends up pissing everyone off. Like lets all slander some random bitch at the Oscars or whatever it was because she didn't wear the #metoo black dress that evening. Not everyone contributes by standing on top of a mountain and shouting how involved they are in various social issues. Maybe some people just want to wear what they want to wear and maybe they make large charitable contributions behind closed doors? What's funny about that is Weinstein was like hey you better get on your knees if you want this job and then all these #metoo women turn around and are like you better wear this colored dress or else we will all slander you for it.

It's the hypocritical, annoying ass nature of the beast that has people turning their backs on it. Not to mention that hashtag anything is annoying to many of us who aren't balls deep into the whole social media thing. What these people don't understand is that just like the presidential election, they can take a bad guy and make him seem not so bad by being so fucking annoying and outspoken about their opinions on him that eventually people turn on the "movement" because they just don't want to hear it anymore.

Says the sherdogger

Painting with a broad brush is a sign of an ill-formed argument.

What has the #metoo movement really given us though? Harvey Weinstein's story broke before the movement, and it was largely the cause of the movement even happening at all. So you can't reasonably argue that they did anything to help at all there. I would also argue that Matt Lauer's story would have been able to break on its own merits without a bunch of people clamoring for blood. What celebrity scandal can you reasonably point to and say, "That only happened because of #metoo. Had this movement not taken place, we would have never heard about this?" If you can't think of anything that they've done, then what good can you reasonably ascribe to them?

What you can definitely put at their feet is the overreaction. There was a woman who blamed James Franco for exploiting her sexually when she agreed to a contract to perform nude in a movie of his, stating that the value of the contract was not enough. If it wasn't enough, why did she agree to do it in the first place? Is a lack of generosity something that should end his career? What about Jill Messick, the former manager of Rose McGowan. McGowan allegedly embellished stories about what happened to Messick by Weinstein, dragging Messick's name through the headlines. Due to that unwanted exposure, coupled with long-term depression, Messick killed herself. I think #metoo and McGowan rightly have a piece of that blame, as does Weinstein, of course.

Based on the above, the overall net value of #metoo seems to be slanted, making it much closer to a witch hunt or an unruly mob than a structured movement with clear directives and goals. I would reasonably argue that those are legitimate criticisms of the movement. So no, it's not that a whole group of people are all just "afraid of women." It's that we feel uncomfortable with the large collateral damage and relative minute good of the movement. It's just an expression of overall value, really.

Haha.....not bad and I wonder if some of tha5 is in her comedy act...if not it should be

Hey, eyes down here, I’m not up there.

And a poet to boot....if I take a knee to suck a D thats on me...

Wow...you made a few fair points, then went full retard by the end.

Out of all the claims made, I have yet to see a formal/police investigation, and with a guilty result. Saying Sherdoggers "are afraid of women" is a claim, like "he raped me"...but both have zero weight without due process, a proper investigation.

Yes, 'me too' has addressed some long standing issues, but done so in a way that has horribly backed fired, so bad in fact, that it's actually brought more awareness to male issues, imo. So, bravo.

'Me too' has also brought hyper irrationality to the fore front, it's feels over facts, words over due process, Twitter over investigation. For every legitimate claim, it's buried by personal agendas, revenge motives, etc, by false claims. This actually makes it harder to sift through the bullshit, to process the legitimate allegations, it drains resources.

Since this "movement" is clearly driven by third wave Feminists, and Feminism is apparently about "equality", then why no thorough discussion about the alleged male victim(s) (Kevin Spacey's, for example). I love how modern Feminism states "Women don't report because it's too hard for them". You're kidding me, right? Imagine how hard it is for a male to come forward about being sexually assaulted. The social stigma for a man who's been sexually assaulted is a MILLION times worse. A women is a "hero' if she comes forward, a man is seen as "weak", how could he let this happen. Feminists often rant about how female sexual assaults are unreported...well, imagine how many men don't, then.

Women have endless amounts of resources for such issues (Note: I did my degree in Criminal Justice, spent much time volunteering for RCMP Victim Services Units, females have; women only half way houses, female only counselors, on and on it goes), how about men? Yet, men make up approx half of domestic assault victims, and including incarcerated persons, men are sexually assaulted more then women. Many men have been victims of false sexual assault allegations (much more than a man accusing a woman), with minimal consequences to the accuser. We've seen a raise in female pedophilia (actual convictions, not alleged claims, look at all the female teacher with a minor threads that pop up on here), in the last 5-10 years, yet these women on average, receive less severe sentences then their male counterparts.

How about the family court system? I don't even need to go there...it's where men go to truly get raped.

The real sad part is, you probably think I "hate" women. In reality, my three favorite people in the world are women: 1) My mom, 2) My sister, and 3) Whatever woman I'm currently intimate with. Many smart and rational females have seen the utter hypocrisy with 'me too'. For them, I have nothing but love and respect. They're the types who, if sexually assaulted, will go to the authorities, and have it properly dealt with, instead of Twitter :/

Last edited:
You aren't using your brain power to correctly evaluate sherdoggers either.

I don't think anyone out there disagrees with women not needing to put up with the Harvey Weinstein shit. That's a given.

It's the nth degree that Hollywood takes it that ends up pissing everyone off. Like lets all slander some random bitch at the Oscars or whatever it was because she didn't wear the #metoo black dress that evening. Not everyone contributes by standing on top of a mountain and shouting how involved they are in various social issues. Maybe some people just want to wear what they want to wear and maybe they make large charitable contributions behind closed doors? What's funny about that is Weinstein was like hey you better get on your knees if you want this job and then all these #metoo women turn around and are like you better wear this colored dress or else we will all slander you for it.

It's the hypocritical, annoying ass nature of the beast that has people turning their backs on it. Not to mention that hashtag anything is annoying to many of us who aren't balls deep into the whole social media thing. What these people don't understand is that just like the presidential election, they can take a bad guy and make him seem not so bad by being so fucking annoying and outspoken about their opinions on him that eventually people turn on the "movement" because they just don't want to hear it anymore.

giphy.gif

She's like a real life Brooklyn 99 character. Cool lady.

This.

Back