Why are people mad at DJ?

TJ has clear contenders in his own weight class, and more than one of them at that. He has the Garbrandt rematch, and Riviera or Moraes could easily be next in line. He's the one ducking people. If he wants a champ vs champ fight so bad, why doesn't he go up and fight Holloway?

Calling out guys from the smallest weight division is a bitch move. You shouldn't be mad at DJ for not taking the fight, you should be disappointed that the first thing TJ did on winning the belt was call out a flyweight.

Clear contenders? Who exactly? Garbrandt he beat, Cruz is out with a broken arm. Rivera, no clue if he is ready to fight for a title. Now is the best time for a superfight to happen.

Yes you are. My original complaint was about how posters are trying to jump into this argument between DJ and TJ making it seem like that this fight was made specifically for their soul person. Taking everything about this fake feud and making it about themselves. They might not fight, and the longer they don't fight, the more people interject themselves into the argument, sounding like entitled babies because somehow they deserve to see these two guys fight. It doesn't matter if they fight. The details are just details. This isn't war, this isn't mandatory, this is just entertainment. We can live without it, but no one is acting like they will.

Dude, Sherdog bitched about GSP not moving up to fight Silva at 185 for like 4 years. This bitchfest has only just begun.

I found the GSP one to be more ridiculous, as all the haters expected GSP to stop being a pussy and move up.... this case isn't the same though because TJ said he would drop to DJ's weight.

If he can do it, there is no other fight I'd rather see DJ have than the one with TJ. I literally have 0 desire to see him fight anyone currently at Flyweight. I don't think that is entitlement.

TJ has clear contenders in his own weight class, and more than one of them at that. He has the Garbrandt rematch, and Riviera or Moraes could easily be next in line. He's the one ducking people. If he wants a champ vs champ fight so bad, why doesn't he go up and fight Holloway?

Calling out guys from the smallest weight division is a bitch move. You shouldn't be mad at DJ for not taking the fight, you should be disappointed that the first thing TJ did on winning the belt was call out a flyweight.

agreed - I have been saying this from the start. TJ is looking for a shortcut...instead of creating his own legacy at 135 with a bunch of defenses, he wants to piggyback off of DJ's legacy by beating him instead.

IMHO, the appetite for this fight around here is as much about 'DJ hate' as it is about it being a great fight (and it is a great fight...just not one TJ deserves right now).

and yeah...why is there not much criticism for TJ moving down instead of moving up to face Max? many will tell you it's because DJ is a dominant champ, Max is newer, etc...but really it is because the DJ hate runs deep around here lol

same thing happened with gsp. People hate greatness

Because they want him to take a risk and stop beating midgets asses. Little people have rights too.

Same old double standard shit on sherdog. If Tyron wants a fight with Conor, people bitch at Tyron. If TJ wants to fight Dj, people bitch at DJ. What's the science behind that??
Can Tyron cut down to 155? Serious question

Clear contenders? Not.

Garbrant got KTFO. He doesn't deserve an immediate rematch.

I guess Mighty Mouse is the only one who is allowed to drop to 125 from 135 to get a title.
He wasn't a champion at the time, though.

A bitch move?? It's a SUPERFIGHT.. Superfights usually require weight class crossovers. Nobody cares to see MM vs Cejudo part 3

News flash! If you can make flyweight, THEN you are a FW
It's not the world dehydration championship. Rumble made 170, do you think he's a welterweight?

Same old double standard shit on sherdog. If Tyron wants a fight with Conor, people bitch at Tyron. If TJ wants to fight Dj, people bitch at DJ. What's the science behind that??
Tyrone can't make 155. Ever. TJ is willing to to meet Mouse at his weight.

LoL. Imagine Tyrown at 155. He would die.

How is it smaller when they’ll both weight 125 at weigh ins?

Is TJ asking for a catchweight? No

Is TJ asking DJ to step up? Hell no
So Khabib and Tony will be the same size? Whittaker and Romero the same size? DC and Jones were the same size?

Exactly this!! +1

He whines about not getting paid, yet refuses to fight anyone that the fans want to see. He's cleared his division out completely but is absolutely terrified of fighting outside of it.

If he's as good as everyone says, he wouldn't shun away from this. And from an objective point of view, he's absolutely good enough to beat TJ, which makes it even more embarrassing that he's scared to take a 50/50 fight.

Exciting > Winning.

To be honest, I don't care at all about winning. I only care about being entertained, and MM does not entertain me.

Luckily nobody cares what you think and it's a sport so it'll ALWAYS be about winning first.

What are you da fuq Chris rocking me for. You said all the bw top10 makes more sense, when we are talking about a #1 contender for DJ..... He fights at FLW so maybe you should use that image on yourself.

"Get a fucking win at 125 and EARN the shot" like this is some sort of precedence..... How many wins at 155 did Conor have in the ufc before fighting for the title?

How about GSP at MW?

How many top 10 wins does DC have at HW, who is going to fight for the HW title?

The UFC does not give a single fuck about earning a shot.

Top 10 at BW make more sense for TJ, genius.

GSP, Conor and Edgar were a mockery to how you handle championship defenses.

People are just making shit up so they can hate on DJ at this point. Both fighters have said they want this fight next but interest from the UFC has gone 'dormant'. DC, Stipe and Cyborg all made similar demands for champ vs champ fights so he's not asking for anything out of the ordinary.
DJ gave his latest update on the situation on MMA Hour this week but threads on here about it omitted most of what he said so they could keep up the "he's ducking" bullshit.
Dana has gone silent on this fight since TJ turned down the Cody rematch at UFC 222.
I think anyone with an interest in the lighter weight classes would like to see this fight but it's up to Dana to make it happen. If it doesn't, blame him.

You're right, TJ v cody 2 the guy he just KO'd, and DJ v brog 2 these are the fights to make!

Why are Dj fans so sad and afraid of a guy cutting to 125 to give us a legit show.

Back