Russia just threatened the UK with Nukes

LOL we can't even deal with terrorists who come on our land and kill our people so no wonder Putin ain't taking shit off us, who would?

May gets big because we have America on our team, if they left us, Russia could clean us out.

You have a point, sadly. Putin views the UK as weak. And as much as it pains me to say this, it's hard to disagree with him.

What the fuck are you talking about? Some Russian spook crop dusts Salisbury with nerve agent, and the UK responds by saying they consider it aggression and will respond appropriately, and that's the initiation of threats? Jesus Hell on a fuckbun, Sally.

There's all sorts of headlines about the UK threatening Russia over the last week. That's fine if you agree with the threats. Doesn't change the fact they did it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia...ing-britain-therea-may-extensive-retaliation/

British Prime Minister Theresa May threatened "extensive" retaliation against Russia on Monday, saying it's "highly likely" the Kremlin was behind the poisoning of a former spy and his daughter in Britain.

"We will not tolerate such a brazen attempt to murder innocent civilians on our soil," May said.

This part is fuckin' rich.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reacted Monday saying the attack had no justification.

"We have full confidence in the UK's investigation and its assessment that Russia was likely responsible for the nerve agent attack that took place in Salisbury last week," Tillerson stated. "There is never a justification for this type of attack -- the attempted murder of a private citizen on the soil of a sovereign nation -- and we are outraged that Russia appears to have again engaged in such behavior."

US has murdered more than one of its citizens on the soil other sovereign nation. Somehow bombing them is ok but poisoning isn't? And in our case it's a fact whereas the UK merely says it's "highly likely".

Personally I think it's naive to take government at its word. That view is backed up by America's strong regard for due process. So present some evidence and/or make a move. Or shall we just sabre-rattle a little to let them commie bastards know their place?

You have a point, sadly. Putin views the UK as weak. And as much as it pains me to say this, it's hard to disagree with him.
Yeah, it's bad, I can imagine him sitting there and thinking, 'no chance England are gonna pipe up to me'.

Question is, what does May respond? If Trump bails then what? Do we escalate and stay strong? Or do we back pedal and look even weaker?

Balls

Yeah, it's bad, I can imagine him sitting there and thinking, 'no chance England are gonna pipe up to me'.

Question is, what does May respond? If Trump bails then what? Do we escalate and stay strong? Or do we back pedal and look even weaker?

Balls

We have to retaliate in some way. Russians only respect strength. If they think you are weak, they will show you no mercy. I keep hearing Oldman's quote from Darkest Hour,

"When will the lesson be learned? You cannot reason with a Tiger when your head is in it's mouth!"

We fully support your desire to apply for statehood.

One nation to rule them all. Join us.

Please don't destroy the world before I get to see Infinity Wars :(

Then again, after The Last Jedi, we deserve to be wiped out in an inferno of radioactive flames.

We have to retaliate in some way. Russians only respect strength. If they think you are weak, they will show you no mercy. I keep hearing Oldman's quote from Darkest Hour,

"When will the lesson be learned? You cannot reason with a Tiger when your head is in it's mouth!"

Sounds like the way you deal with them pesky klingons.

We have our own Nukes. We might not be able to stand and bang with the Heavyweights, but we have more than enough firepower to take Russia down with us.

Fortunately, the Tridents survived those atrocious defense budget cuts. For now.

Have to agree with Russia here. People keep poking and prodding the bear it's bound to wake up.

LOL we can't even deal with terrorists who come on our land and kill our people so no wonder Putin ain't taking shit off us, who would?

May gets big because we have America on our team, if they left us, Russia could clean us out.
You are buying Russia's bluster

No, actually.

The UK is one of our most vital political and military allies who have gone to bat for us in any conflict we've encountered who just had Russian agents use WMDs in one of their cities.
2 people hardly qualifies as mass destruction. The religion of peace does more damage in the subway with a machete.

You'd better be damn sure before threatening a country with a stronger military, and maybe run it by the country you're counting on to save you before barking threats you can't cover. And what the hell happened to this "america spends too much on military"? They're certainly happy to use the product of all that miltary spending.

You think the British PM would start a confrontation with Russia if there was any way to avoid it?
of course not. all friendly people with a hobby named politics. and putin can't get enough of those sanctions.

LOL, another U.K thread derailed by salty Hillary voters in the very first page.

Get to work @panamaican ! I see you in here!

2 people hardly qualifies as mass destruction. The religion of peace does more damage in the subway with a machete.

You'd better be damn sure before threatening a country with a stronger military, and maybe run it by the country you're counting on to save you before barking threats you can't cover. And what the hell happened to this "america spends too much on military"? They're certainly happy to use the resources that result from all that spending.

It's not the quantity of death the weapons bring that make it a weapon of mass destruction, but the type of weapon.

These were advanced military grade nerve agents that are classified as WMDs against all sorts of treaties everyone has agreed to.

No one is threatening anyone here except Russia. Teresa May is just asking what the fuck?

Russian agents sprinkled WMDs in our ally's city and you think Teresa is the aggressor for asking why?

You are buying Russia's bluster
https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Russia is currently ranked as the second most powerful country on earth for military. We are sixth.

They have 3.3 million men ready to go and 800,000 waiting.

Not to mention their Naval and Air fleet ready to go.

We got 230,000 men ready for combat and a poultry 151,000 ready.

Not to mention we are soft as shit and half our country would turn on us from the inside if we went to war, we ain't what we used to be.

The Russians are hard and cold and merciless.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=united-kingdom
https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=russia

Let's be realistic if something started we would be waiting for the USA to send over 2 gigantic Naval fleets with thousands of men to defend our shores and without them we'd be fucked.

Basically all we have is the SAS, Royal Marines and UKAF

Imagine if this starts off WW3....

Russia getting a little too brazen for their own good.

Well, the President Of The U.S. won't be saying or doing anything to stop them if he has anything to do with it.

Back