Conspiracy is a Gates-way drug (New flip+guilty plea +++WOW+++): Investigation v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gets tossed around so much. How in fuck is Trump worse than Bush Jr.? Or Reagan? Or Nixon?

Trumps passed retarded tax cuts, given a middle finger to Americans on health care, is a generally sloppy piece of shit, but what exactly has he done that's worse than past corrupt/nefarious admins?
Eroding our 2nd amendment rights, destroying our international credibility by reneging on agreements signed in good faith, enriching the wealthy, enriching his family while in the WH, encouraging white power marchers, discouraging women who share rape stories, having a history of paying women hush money because of his deviancy, making fun of crippled people, lying constantly and setting that as an example for others to follow because there are no consequences for their actions... shall I go on? Maybe we should get John Miller's input on this.

Excellent article here showing how Trump COULD be in some real shit

https://www.justsecurity.org/53641/muellers-choice-criminal-charges-trump-team-worried/

Article has other solid info in it but jesus christ I forgot it was 15 mins after Jr msg'd wikileaks lmao

That social media is addicting huh
"It's time to call out Wikileaks for what it really is: a non State hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia." -Mike Pompeo

"If we publish them it will dramatically improve the perception of our impartiality." Wikileaks to Don Jr. regarding the possibility of publishing his father's tax returns

This gets tossed around so much. How in fuck is Trump worse than Bush Jr.? Or Reagan? Or Nixon?

Trumps passed retarded tax cuts, given a middle finger to Americans on health care, is a generally sloppy piece of shit, but what exactly has he done that's worse than past corrupt/nefarious admins?

If we're purely into balancing the good and the bad, at least Nixon did a lot of good.

I do tend to agree that, on the whole, Trump has not earned the title of being worse than GWB or Reagan - although, GWB did do some good during his presidency. And Trump has done basically nothing good at all.

If I were to play devil's advocate, though, I'd say Trump rapid deterioration of political norms, erosion of trust in American institutions, unprecedented nepotism and appointment of corrupt persons to political office, lack of transparency, reshaping of the judiciary, embarrassing turnover, and (first and foremost) mobilization of his base towards disinformation, historical revisionism, and blatantly anti-factual near-nihilism does make him a uniquely damaging figure.

When is this gonna turn into anything?
The wording directly suggests cooperation in exchange for political leverage. It's already something.

I suspect nothing major will happen to the main characters until the Donny in Chief can be slapped in irons. If they were to arrest Don Jr. or Kushner first perhaps Trump could pardon them before he himself was removed from office. I think once there's enough to indict him, they'll just throw a net around the whole stinking family (he said wistfully.)

He's just not getting impeached barring some sort of unimaginably huge mega scandal that is also so utterly illegal the GOP has no choice whatsoever to go against him. They would have to be dragged howling and screaming into it, and imo there would still be zero interest in their base to make it happen.
Between now and the mid-terms, I think you're correct. After that, I think it gets easier if the election goes as expected. If I were the Republicans, I'd be hoping to get all the worst scandals out of the way before then, but since new ones turn up every day, they've probably given up on that idea.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/john-mcentee-white-house-security-clearance/index.html

Being investigated by the DHS for "serious financial crimes".
Drain that swamp

I had no idea that the DHS investigated financial crimes but there on their homepage

HSI has broad legal authority to enforce a diverse array of federal statutes. It uses this authority to investigate all types of cross-border criminal activity, including:

• Financial crimes, money laundering and bulk cash smuggling;
  • Commercial fraud and intellectual property theft;

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/13/judge-manafort-could-face-rest-of-life-in-prison-460302

Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, runs a significant risk of spending the rest of his life in prison and the evidence against him by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office seems strong, a federal judge declared in an order made public on Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, who is based in Alexandria, Virginia, and is assigned to a newly filed indictment against Manafort dealing with bank fraud and tax evasion, said the veteran lobbyist and political consultant posed “a substantial risk of flight” because of his assets and the gravity of his legal predicament.

“The defendant is a person of great wealth who has the financial means and international connections to flee and remain at large, as well as every incentive to do so,” Ellis wrote inan order setting the terms of what the judge called “home incarceration” for Manafort, 68, who lives in Alexandria but also has homes in Florida and on Long Island.

“Given the nature of the charges against the defendant and the apparent weight of the evidence against him, defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison,” wrote Ellis, an appointee of President Ronald Reagan.

The order, dated Friday, puts Manafort in a “24-hour-a-day lockdown” at his Alexandria condo, except for medical appointments or emergencies, court appearances and meeting with his defense attorneys. Ellis did not require Manafort to post any assets, but did order that he pay $10 million if he fails to appear in court.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/13/judge-manafort-could-face-rest-of-life-in-prison-460302

Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, runs a significant risk of spending the rest of his life in prison and the evidence against him by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office seems strong, a federal judge declared in an order made public on Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, who is based in Alexandria, Virginia, and is assigned to a newly filed indictment against Manafort dealing with bank fraud and tax evasion, said the veteran lobbyist and political consultant posed “a substantial risk of flight” because of his assets and the gravity of his legal predicament.

“The defendant is a person of great wealth who has the financial means and international connections to flee and remain at large, as well as every incentive to do so,” Ellis wrote inan order setting the terms of what the judge called “home incarceration” for Manafort, 68, who lives in Alexandria but also has homes in Florida and on Long Island.

“Given the nature of the charges against the defendant and the apparent weight of the evidence against him, defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison,” wrote Ellis, an appointee of President Ronald Reagan.

The order, dated Friday, puts Manafort in a “24-hour-a-day lockdown” at his Alexandria condo, except for medical appointments or emergencies, court appearances and meeting with his defense attorneys. Ellis did not require Manafort to post any assets, but did order that he pay $10 million if he fails to appear in court.
Life in prison or death via self-inflicted gun shot wounds to the brain stem, polonium poisoning, and self drowning.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-...sia-vashukevich-about-russian-meddling-2018-3

The FBI was barred by Thai officials from meeting with Belarussian sex guru Anastasia Vashukevich, who is serving jail time after violating the terms of her visa.

• Vashukevich claimed she has evidence about Russian meddling in the 2016 election and President Donald Trump's ties to Russians like billionaire Oleg Deripaska.

• Vashukevich says she has recordings from Deripaska's yacht with Americans, and says he had a "plan" for the US elections.

@HomerThompson Is Seth being vindicated again?

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-...sia-vashukevich-about-russian-meddling-2018-3

The FBI was barred by Thai officials from meeting with Belarussian sex guru Anastasia Vashukevich, who is serving jail time after violating the terms of her visa.

• Vashukevich claimed she has evidence about Russian meddling in the 2016 election and President Donald Trump's ties to Russians like billionaire Oleg Deripaska.

• Vashukevich says she has recordings from Deripaska's yacht with Americans, and says he had a "plan" for the US elections.

@HomerThompson Is Seth being vindicated again?
Who is Seth?

I also noticed that the State Department rebuffed our own FBI through the embassy there. Disfunction and chaos reign supreme.

Fuck, I need to think of another pun soon.
Trump. Rex. State Department.

Okay that's not very good but the only people who remember the ancient Hope Hicks news at this point are the guys with clinic appointments.

Annnnnnd stilllllllllll......
{<buffer}

NO COMMENT FROM THE TRUMP SUPPORTERS.

Holy fuck, they must be having a lot of trouble agreeing on a spin for this one. They couldn't summon even a half-hearted attempt in the DeVos thread, and here they've been shocked into total silence. I think they're waiting for page 20 and the new thread so they can pretend to forget about this stuff.

Trump's personal assistant gets fired and the same day a state department staffer who was an aide to Tillerson gets canned. What's the next tit for tat going to be? And wadda ya know another person around Trump is apparently involved in financial crimes. Delightful. Only the best, only the best.

Wait until the entire administration is papered over with the likes of Mnuchin. This is really only where things start to get rough.

Or maybe you guys are a bunch of idiots and just not worth the time? Lol
There are LOLz to be had, that's for sure. Well, if it were a TV show or something, but not in reality, because it's very sad to see. Your country is being set back by decades and your response is, "Well, as long as it brings the lols."

It's pathetic, and I'd wish you everything you deserve, but everyone is affected by and should be concerned about this shit show.

Annnnnnd stilllllllllll......
{<buffer}

NO COMMENT FROM THE TRUMP SUPPORTERS.

Holy fuck, they must be having a lot of trouble agreeing on a spin for this one. They couldn't summon even a half-hearted attempt in the DeVos thread, and here they've been shocked into total silence. I think they're waiting for page 20 and the new thread so they can pretend to forget about this stuff.

Trump's personal assistant gets fired and the same day a state department staffer who was an aide to Tillerson gets canned. What's the next tit for tat going to be? And wadda ya know another person around Trump is apparently involved in financial crimes. Delightful. Only the best, only the best.

Wait until the entire administration is papered over with the likes of Mnuchin. This is really only where things start to get rough.

The country is doing better than it has in years.

Forgive us if we’re not outraged by personnel changes...

The country is doing better than it has in years.

Forgive us if we’re not outraged by personnel changes...
We'll see how that goes in a few years time when all the scams collapse under their own weight and the entire country (and probably ours) has to pay the price for your negligence. Unless we're fortunate and root them all out before they can do so much damage, that is. You may get lucky and have Mueller wrap the whole thing up sooner than expected, but if not, you won't need me to tell you how much you fucked up supporting that guy because it will be very clear to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back