Trump on Rex: I think [the Iran deal] is terrible. I guess he thinks it's okay. I wanted to break it

Is the stuff in the blog all false?
Did you look at your link?

You didn't link to a Huffington Post article. You linked to a blog hosted of Huffington Post. Literally anyone can create a blog there.

The way I figured out this was a blog was the way it says "THE BLOG" at the top of the page.

Might as well link to WordPress

Don’t worry Trumper’s. Sounds like you’ll get the war in the Middle East you said Hillary would only deliver.

Don’t worry Trumper’s. Sounds like you’ll get the war in the Middle East you said Hillary would only deliver.

the U.S. is not going to war with Iran .. I thought the right were the fearmongerers ?

This orangutan-looking sack of shit is going to renege on the Iran deal and once again show the world that the United States cannot be trusted in international deal making so long as the Republican Party can assume power and welsh.

And if he's successful the US will never be expected to fulfill any international agreement. And I can't wait to hear from his supporters why that's a good thing. :cool:

<WellThere>
Yeeeees, he went for the scapegoat move, Jimbo, sweeping that piece right off the table with the blame everything on Iran slam, which as you know, has been particularly successful lately, aaaaand back to you Jim.

If you’re going for sanctions fine. Why should they have been lifted?

heya cincy,

good.

that's the correct answer.

now you've asked me a question in return and i'll answer it.

the reason the sanctions were lifted is because Iran met the requirements from Russia, UK, France, Germany and China. the strength of the sanctions came from the multilateral aspect of it. the US, alone, could never have bought Iran to the bargaining table.

capiche mon ami?

-
IGIT

This is 100% incorrect. Iran has not violated the terms of the Nuclear Agreement a single time. Not once.

They have gone over heavy water limits twice -- not by a large margin but enough to be documented and for them to be warned, twice.

I'm not a muslim sympathizer in any imaginable way, but it crack me up see try to sound in the right while saying "everywhere we go in the Middle East" whining at Iran doing his moves too

World map at hand looks like Iran being in the Middle East is more normal than 'merica
1-12_Political_Color_Map_World.png

I'm not a muslim sympathizer in any imaginable way, but it crack me up see try to sound in the right while saying "everywhere we go in the Middle East" whining at Iran doing his moves too

World map at hand looks like Iran being in the Middle East is more normal than 'merica

<TheWire1>

I know the Huffington Post is Left Wing bias, but they aren't known as a tabloid site are they? Why would they be printing fake news?
Because it's a blog, an opinion piece. Not an article.

Edit: I see @Quipling already highlighted that fact. Nevermind.

Because it's a blog, an opinion piece. Not an article.

Edit: I see @Quipling already highlighted that fact. Nevermind.
But what about what is said in the blog? Is it all false or is it accurate information?

heya cincy,

good.

that's the correct answer.

now you've asked me a question in return and i'll answer it.

the reason the sanctions were lifted is because Iran met the requirements from Russia, UK, France, Germany and China. the strength of the sanctions came from the multilateral aspect of it. the US, alone, could never have bought Iran to the bargaining table.

capiche mon ami?

-
IGIT

I meant before the deal but I for one liked he idea of letting Russia run their plants

Fuck em. It's not like they're holding up their end of the bargain. They violated the Nuclear deal and UN resolutions several times. I'm not going to lose any sleep if Iran stops enriching uranium.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/majid-rafizadeh/iran-breached-the-nuclear_b_9977768.html

89f508b3-7614-42ee-8869-f04dbdd6b6d0.jpg

Those rules were part of a 2010 UN NPR resolution.
The nuclear deal we signed w/ Iran in '15 voided that resolution and has no such stipulations.

So did Iran violate the agreement or not?

https://twitter.com/JZarif

Most nonproliferation experts would say Iran certainly defied the spirit of the U.N. resolution, but technically didn't violate it — because it contains no prohibition against such testing, as one of its predecessors, passed in 2010, specifically did.

Here's what the two resolutions say on the subject, with highlighting added:

U.N. Security Council Resolution 1929, from 2010, says the Security Council "decides that Iran shall not undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using ballistic missile technology, and that States shall take all necessary measures to prevent the transfer of technology or technical assistance to Iran related to such activities."

In Resolution 2231, passed in 2015, the Security Council endorsed the nuclear deal, known formally as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action or JCPOA. It terminated the provisions of the 2010 resolution and added language deep in one of the annexes saying: "Iran iscalled upon not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology, until the date eight years after the JCPOA Adoption Day or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier."

As diplomatic terms of art, "shall not" — which appeared in the 2010 resolution — represents a clear and enforceable prohibition, whereas being "called upon" not to do something is more ambiguous.

Here's one way to look at it: When Iran tested ballistic missiles in the fall of 2015, while Resolution 1929 was still in effect, it was doubtless in violation of a Security Council stricture. But when it tested its missile on Sunday, under the new Resolution 2231, Iran was essentially ignoring the Security Council's advice — not violating a directive.

https://www.npr.org/sections/parall...llistic-missile-test-violate-a-u-n-resolution

But bravo on citing the Huffpost ...

Back