Rewatching TUF 10

James Higgins

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So recently I went back and watched TUF 10.
I completely forgot about how much I hated Mitrione, loved Brendan and Marcus and was convinced James McSweeney was going to be a force (lol).
Anyone else have feelings about this season?

My favourite season by far.

So many violent finishes, so much animosity and hate inside the house, so many different characters.

Made for a compelling season for sure.

"Titties"

That season was very entertaining.

They need to do another HW season.

My Feelings about this season?
McSweeny is a complete douchbag...from what i remember...

Treat me like a bitch then

This was the last season of TUF I watched from start to finish. I hated the way they pulled the bait and switch with Kimbo Slice, hyping up the possibility that he would fight again after he lost knowing damn well that he wasn't going to(since the show was filmed months in advance).

Mike Wessell was one of the top prospects from my local fight scene. He was on a roll there in 2008, he was like 8-1 and he demolished the one guy that beat him in a rematch that Summer(I went to that show live and met Mike, really nice guy). They called him up to fight on UFC 92 on short notice and I was just in amazement at how small he looked compared to Antoni Hardonk or however you spell it, dude looked like a monster in person but Hardonk dwarfed him in the Octagon.

I was really pulling for Mike on TUF 10 and my jaw was on the floor when he got armbarred in a few seconds in that fight against Marcus Jones, I couldn't believe it.

I remember Rampage drawing the dots on Darrill's O's, that it looked something like this:

DARRILL SCH( . )( . )NOVER

I only remember thinking how terrible the season was, forcing Kimbo on the screen every few minutes despite him being one of the least talented fighters. Wouldn't have called Mitrione being one of the top 2 fighters to come from that season. Did call Evans beating Rampage at least.

I remember that season bring pretty awful as far as the fights were concerned.

A bunch of massive guys without the cardio to properly fight.

They either get a quick finish or they spend 15 minutes gasping and wheezing their way to the bell.

There are few things that I would have predicted behind Meathead eventually beating Fedor.

I remember when Roy Nelson wasnt picked first and was like all of you are wasting your time not picking him.....Rampage probably picked all the worst fighters, I was actually blown away by the way both guys chose cus here is how I ranked them going in vs when they were picked
1 Nelson-McSweeny
2 Wren-Kimbo
3 Schaub-Schaub
4 Madsen-Wagner
5 Wagner-Wren
6 Rogers-Rogers
7 Schoonover-Madsen
8 Jones-Sims
9 Mitrione-Nelson
10 Junk-Junk
11 Sims-Schoonover
12 Shivers-Shivers
13 Wessel-Mitrione
14 Jensen-Jones
15 McSweeney-Wessel
16 Kimbo-Jensen

This was one of my favorites seasons, behind 5 and 7.

Was this the one where Rampage smashed the door to pieces, or was it season 7?

One of my favourite seasons too, McSweeney has got to be the most dislikeable person on that show. Extremely arrogant and just a general douche bag, which is bizzare considering he isn't that great of a fighter...they kept touting him as this dangerous kickboxer, his debut fight with Shivers was pathetic. Embarrassing performance from both really. It was fantastic when he was showboating against Roy and then got KTFO.

Was this before or after the Junie Browning Season?

Knowing Nelson was going to win the instant I found out he was on the show...The painful awkwardness of the Nelson-Wren decision (TV Tropes would call it a Big-Lipped Aligator Moment)...watching Shiver and someone else whose name I forget literally bend over gasping for air at the same time...McSweeney's douchebaggery and me figuring out he really wasn;t even that good...Mitroine milking a head injury, or at least being made to look like he was...Marcus Jones having possibly the worst chin of any MMA figher ever...

Yup, good times.

Was this before or after the Junie Browning Season?

Knowing Nelson was going to win the instant I found out he was on the show...The painful awkwardness of the Nelson-Wren decision (TV Tropes would call it a Big-Lipped Aligator Moment)...watching Shiver and someone else whose name I forget literally bend over gasping for air at the same time...McSweeney's douchebaggery and me figuring out he really wasn;t even that good...Mitroine milking a head injury, or at least being made to look like he was...Marcus Jones having possibly the worst chin of any MMA figher ever...

Yup, good times.

Junie was season 8 where he dragged Bader into the pool.

Back