Ismael Lazaar is going to appeal against 4 years of suspension that is hanging over him because of a

PERFECT KICKBOXING

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He sure doesn't look like he's doping lol

(Yes I know, PEDs don't necessarily enhance looks)

well...he still denies it and as we can read even is going to appeal it so....maybe he doesn't?
They discovered two specific compounds I believe, I can't imagine that being a result of a false possitive. He may have unknowingly taken it for sure though in a tainted supplement.

Still 4 years seems crazy. It sounds like he didn't do his due diligence on responding but it seems like a sloppy job on all sides.

He needs to be punished yes, but 4 years is incredible

They discovered two specific compounds I believe, I can't imagine that being a result of a false possitive. He may have unknowingly taken it for sure though in a tainted supplement.

Still 4 years seems crazy. It sounds like he didn't do his due diligence on responding but it seems like a sloppy job on all sides.

What do you mean by two specific compounds? I don't have a lot of knowledge in this department. The statement said 4 different kinda doping and actually might even be more in the article...lol

What do you mean by two specific compounds? I don't have a lot of knowledge in this department. The statement said 4 different kinda doping and actually might even be more in the article...lol
Aight well more than the two that I read on Twitter (fake news). So if that's the case, the chances of you being popped for 4+ banned substances that you didn't take is slim to none. Slim to none, words never spoken when talking about Lazaar...

Lazaar's doping list:

- Stanazolol
- Oxandrolone
- 18-noroxandrolone
- Testosteron
- Adiol

ok lets review the real facts , glory wanted an event with lazaar to sell tickets and boost rico, they could never have an enfusion fighter with their title, the test where done , yes , but in april 2017 why 2 days before enfusion 5 year anniversary does the results come out, no one can now get a second test as it is 10 months after the fact, is it possible that he took ,, yes ,, is it possible of glory back door contamination ,,, possible , the truth is lazaar might be framed and now the truth with a second test can not be done, i mean 5 different items is not normal, even for drug takers ,, the truth is out their ,,,

I think your facts are a bit...not facts.

The result was out much earlier and Lazaar was informed of it. Seemingly didn't bother to dispute it or offer any explanation then.

In Finnish we have a saying that translated would go something like it's no use starting to cry after you've already shit your pants. Think it might apply here. Lazaar could have offered up explanations and ask for leniency and I believe he had months to do so, he didn't. I wonder how much point there is to complaining about it now, months after the proceedings, once figured out it actually interferes on him fighting on Enfusion also. Is there even any recourse for changing anything anymore?

Also don't think Glory were exactly using Lazaar to boost Rico. All I saw at the time was ~wtf is this fight -type comments. Probably sold a few tickets though sure.

Sucks for him though and way too harsh of a penalty in my opinion. If everyone played by the same rules and got the UFC/USADA treatment or something that'd be fine I guess. Now it was more like bad luck that he got tested since pretty much nobody in the sport probably expects to.

Last edited:
Now it was more like bad luck that he got tested since pretty much nobody in the sport probably expects to.
Pretty much. Wouldn't be surprised if 50%+ of the sport was still juicing.

<45>

But why?
glory could never have an enfusion fighter as their champion , and in the first round he almost ko rico, so they needed a back up plan just in case of some issue where lazaar won ,,, glory has invested to much into rico to have him loose to lazaar, even though they wanted the fight, it is because lazaar has a good following of people, which they needed to sell tickets.

glory could never have an enfusion fighter as their champion , and in the first round he almost ko rico, so they needed a back up plan just in case of some issue where lazaar won ,,, glory has invested to much into rico to have him loose to lazaar, even though they wanted the fight, it is because lazaar has a good following of people, which they needed to sell tickets.
But... Rico did beat Lazaar, so what's the point in trying to ruin his career after the fact?

Maybe I watched a different fight but I certainly don't remember Lazaar almost KOing Rico. In fact, everyone thought this fight was a joke leading up to it. Nobody thought Lazaar had a snowballs chance in hell against Rico, and he didnt.

Is Lazaar popular in Holland? Nowhere else is he a draw. If anything Glory would care more about a fat ass being their champ than anyone from Enfusion...

But... Rico did beat Lazaar, so what's the point in trying to ruin his career after the fact?

Maybe I watched a different fight but I certainly don't remember Lazaar almost KOing Rico. In fact, everyone thought this fight was a joke leading up to it. Nobody thought Lazaar had a snowballs chance in hell against Rico, and he didnt.

Is Lazaar popular in Holland? Nowhere else is he a draw. If anything Glory would care more about a fat ass being their champ than anyone from Enfusion...

Come on...Give him some credit. He beat some good people and other talents. No need to batter him thát hard haha

yes end of first round he almost caught him ,, take a look ,, any fighter has a fighter chance of winning , yes after the fact round 3,4,5 he was more a punching bag then fighting ,,, but he does have a good following , in holland and that is what glory wanted to capitalize on.

Back