Favorite Dropkick Murphys song

What is your favorite Dropkick Murphys album?

• Do or Die (1998)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Gang's All Here (1999)

• Sing Loud, Sing Proud (2001)

• Blackout (2003)

• The Warrior's Code (2005)

• The Meanest of Times (2007)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Going Out in Style (2011)

• Signed and Sealed in Blood (2013)

• 11 Short Stories of Pain & Glory (2017)

• Total voters
With McColgan

"I went north to see the Stiff Little fingers play . . . Jake is the punkest dude I do declare . . . We fall down. SO GET UP NOW!"

Dropkick Murphys ? Can't say i've really heard anything from them.........now the band they're going to see, in the above lyric, they were my early to mid teen years.

I just got back from seeing them at HoB Boston for the St. Patrick's show. I've been a fan since I was 17 (I'm turning 38 in a few weeks).
Fucking Hatebreed was an opener and was a blast.
I'll edit this with favorite songs when I have actual time. There's so many favorite. Only including one video
Green Fields of France (song hits me right in the feels)

Edit.
Echoes on A Street (also crushes me in the feels, about a Band members dog dying)
Barroom Heros (their first song)
State of Massachusetts
The Dirty Glass (I love Stephanie)
Finnegans Wake
Skinhead on the MBTA

Last edited:
I just got back from seeing them at HoB Boston for the St. Patrick's show. I've been a fan since I was 17 (I'm turning 38 in a few weeks).
I'll edit this with favorite songs when I have actual time.
I've been wanting to do one of their st paddy's day shows for like 15 years.

I'll edit this with favorite songs when I have actual time. There's so many favorite. Only including one video
Green Fields of France (song hits me right in the feels)

Edit.
Echoes on A Street (also crushes me in the feels, about a Band members dog dying)
Barroom Heros (their first song)
State of Massachusetts
The Dirty Glass (I love Stephanie)
Finnegans Wake
Skinhead on the MBTA

Hatebreed opened for them? awesome! Talk about getting someone that will fire the crowd up before you go on. Sounds like a show you'll never forget!

Supposedly the Flogging Molly/Dropkick dates are dropping tomorrow. It leaked that Detroit has a date June 5th for reference sake.

One of the best shows I ever saw was lars and dropkick wayback when in the middle of winter in pontiac . Everyone had sick members and hurt members so everyone kinda mixed and played and sang each others songs and it really kicked ass

Both great songs, but I think Al Barr was a better fit for DKM than Mike McColgan.
No one agrees to that. It is common knowledge that the first Dropkick album is their best by far. And the Street Dogs are better than them now. They've turned into a minstrel act dancing a jig playing up Irish stereotypes.

Both great songs, but I think Al Barr was a better fit for DKM than Mike McColgan.
Do you mean vocally or just style wise? I think Mike had the better vocals. I like some of Al's stuff, but sometimes his voice is just too harsh and kills the song for me. I bought a couple albums with Al singing, but i still like the full length with Mike singing best. It's been awhile since i bought one of their albums, though.

No one agrees to that. It is common knowledge that the first Dropkick album is their best by far. And the Street Dogs are better than them now. They've turned into a minstrel act dancing a jig playing up Irish stereotypes.

I don't agree with that at all. The Meanest of Times, The Warrior's Code, Blackout, Sing Loud Sing Proud, and Signed and Sealed in Blood were all much better albums than Do or Die.

Do you mean vocally or just style wise? I think Mike had the better vocals. I like some of Al's stuff, but sometimes his voice is just too harsh and kills the song for me. I bought a couple albums with Al singing, but i still like the full length with Mike singing best. It's been awhile since i bought one of their albums, though.

Both. I prefer the contrast of Al Barr's raspy voice to his more melodic voice (and Ken Casey's melodies as well). The back and forth kind of hits the right balance for me. I was also a fan of The Bruisers before I even knew who DKM was.

Don't get me wrong though. Mike McColgan's vocals for DKM were really good, and they put out some great music with him, but his voice was just more homogenous to me with Oi! bands in the 80's and early 90's. Al Barr stood out more to me.

[/QUOTE]
Random short story: right after this album came out i was hanging out with a couple buddies, one of whom lived in South Boston. We dropped him off and were talking about this mural while driving home thinking it was somewhere nearby when one of us said, "that's it." Pulled over to check it out. It was way smaller than it looks on the album cover. His wife tried to get a photo of us, but it was dark and on a flip phone, so it didn't come out very well. It was cool to see it, though.

I like their music but I don't follow them as much as I should. First time I heard them was in the Departed film.. shipping up to Boston

I don't agree with that at all. The Meanest of Times, The Warrior's Code, Blackout, Sing Loud Sing Proud, and Signed and Sealed in Blood were all much better albums than Do or Die.

This is madness . Do or die and gangs all here are the best by a mile those later ones all kind of lost something as they became a bigger band. But I was a teenager into being punk as fuck when those albums came out so i have a stronger connection to them so take it with a grain

This is madness . Do or die and gangs all here are the best by a mile those later ones all kind of lost something as they became a bigger band. But I was a teenager into being punk as fuck when those albums came out so i have a stronger connection to them so take it with a grain

Yeah. We all shop in different stores. Enjoyed the first two albums. Enjoyed the later albums even more.

Back