STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Watching Infiltration play is torture lol, feel bad for Tokido. Spend all that time trying to find new ways inside.

Was a classic zoner vs. rush down matchup. Infiltration had the answers this time but I’m sure they’ll be seeing each other again.

I’m with @Crimson Fury though, glad to see Infiltration/Menat (a rarely seen character) win it.

I’m a fan of Tokido as well. He’ll be working on that matchup for sure so look forward to a future rematch.

Menat's design has me hopeful that Sagat will have a strong zoning game too. Before her, it was really just Guile. All the shotos have too much recovery on their fireballs, and a lot of the cast have good ways around projectiles.

Menat's design has me hopeful that Sagat will have a strong zoning game too. Before her, it was really just Guile. All the shotos have too much recovery on their fireballs, and a lot of the cast have good ways around projectiles.

I never used him in SFIV, but he looked so badass in the opening cinematic that I’ll definitely be trying him out.

I naturally gravitate to the shotos since that’s mostly all I’ve ever played. Although Sagat’s gameplan is quite the departure from Ken’s, I’m still excited to try him. Too bad it’ll be awhile before we see him.

Incidentally, yesterday when I was getting trounced by people in ranked I ran into a Menat, pushed her into the corner, and tore her up. I don't have any reason to really pat myself on the back because that's what my character is supposed to do; but I felt reeeaaally satisfied when I pulled that off.

Was a classic zoner vs. rush down matchup. Infiltration had the answers this time but I’m sure they’ll be seeing each other again.

I’m with @Crimson Fury though, glad to see Infiltration/Menat (a rarely seen character) win it.

I’m a fan of Tokido as well. He’ll be working on that matchup for sure so look forward to a future rematch.

I thought one of the biggest complaints about SFV was the "lack of zoning?" Her and Guile should fix that problem.

Drunk Yipes.

I never used him in SFIV, but he looked so badass in the opening cinematic that I’ll definitely be trying him out.

I naturally gravitate to the shotos since that’s mostly all I’ve ever played. Although Sagat’s gameplan is quite the departure from Ken’s, I’m still excited to try him. Too bad it’ll be awhile before we see him.
I'm looking forward to giving him a try. I'm more naturally defensive than anything, but I play Cammy because she has easy execution and lots of options for punishing at pretty much any range on screen. I don't have the dexterity for Menat and can't really wrap my head around charge characters, so I'm curious to see what I think of Sagat.

Incidentally, yesterday when I was getting trounced by people in ranked I ran into a Menat, pushed her into the corner, and tore her up. I don't have any reason to really pat myself on the back because that's what my character is supposed to do; but I felt reeeaaally satisfied when I pulled that off.

Nice! That’s usually how it works for me as well, but I think a large part of it is that she is pretty difficult to use effectively. Doesn’t have an invinceable reversal, so when she’s cornered, you can really open up on her.

Kind of like Dhalsim or FANG.

I thought one of the biggest complaints about SFV was the "lack of zoning?" Her and Guile should fix that problem.

Drunk Yipes.

Haha! I’ve seen that clip. I’m sure that’s probably a more accurate display of the Yipes vernacular.

Fireball nerfs were a given considering peoples complaints about them in SFIV. I’m betting Sagat will be a heavy FB zoner and could be an issue for shoto’s if his FB has 2 hits like Guiles. So far I feel like Menat and then Guile are really rough for Shoto’s. If Akuma (who has the best move set in SFV) has an insanely hard time getting in on Menat, what about Ryu/Ken? Lol good luck.

I looked on Eventhubs for a Ryu player and I don’t think I saw even 1. Really need AMKidd to start going to some tournaments.

Fireball nerfs were a given considering peoples complaints about them in SFIV. I’m betting Sagat will be a heavy FB zoner and could be an issue for shoto’s if his FB has 2 hits like Guiles. So far I feel like Menat and then Guile are really rough for Shoto’s. If Akuma (who has the best move set in SFV) has an insanely hard time getting in on Menat, what about Ryu/Ken? Lol good luck.

I looked on Eventhubs for a Ryu player and I don’t think I saw even 1. Really need AMKidd to start going to some tournaments.

I was really hoping they’d buff Ryu enough in Season 3, so Daigo would switch back.

Alas, it didn’t happen. He seems pretty comfortable with Guile.

An American did win Guilty Gear beating Kazunoko, but I don't know if he's one of the top Japanese players in Rev2.

I was really hoping they’d buff Ryu enough in Season 3, so Daigo would switch back.

Alas, it didn’t happen. He seems pretty comfortable with Guile.

I just don’t see Ryu fitting in the current meta all that well. The removal of the inv DP and throw shimmy really hurt the guy. Was keeping my fingers crossed for a E. Ryu VT2 but it never came. Not sure we’ll ever see Ryu in a Top 8 CPT Tour in a while. Akuma does everything Ryu does but 1000% better. That and the whole cast laughs at fireballs. It’s a sad state of affairs.

If E. Ryu ever does drop, I’ll be rotating between him and Ryu for sure though. And I’m really looking forward to G. Hopefully he’s a stud.

I just don’t see Ryu fitting in the current meta all that well. The removal of the inv DP and throw shimmy really hurt the guy. Was keeping my fingers crossed for a E. Ryu VT2 but it never came. Not sure we’ll ever see Ryu in a Top 8 CPT Tour in a while. Akuma does everything Ryu does but 1000% better. That and the whole cast laughs at fireballs. It’s a sad state of affairs.

If E. Ryu ever does drop, I’ll be rotating between him and Ryu for sure though. And I’m really looking forward to G. Hopefully he’s a stud.

Kolin has her limitations and there's definitely a curve in getting her motion down... but yea when I switch back to Ryu occasionally I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand. It's a really odd feeling and takes a few matches to adjust. He just seems confined to a very limited box.

Still I'm not entirely sure what to say about the cast in general. Final Round had the following characters represented.

Menat
Akuma
Rashid
Cammy
Urien
Guile
Kolin

A few there seem like just straight forward high tier characters, Guile, Rashid, Cammy etc... but I'm not so sure about the viability of the others, sure Menat seems almost broken in the hands of infiltration, but can anyone else keep that level of patience and execution?

Similarly, can anyone else play as brilliantly with Akuma as Tokido does to mask his complete lack of health?

Side note: The guy who made top 8 with Kolin was a cool little story. I have been saving and watching replays of one of the top of the leaderboard Kolin's "NeonV" for a while, and so it just so happened he made his big splash and stormed to top 8. Was awesome watching all the techniques I've seen online roast people in this tournament. He absolutely obiliterated Snake Eyez lol.

Anyway, I think top 8 came and Nemo had a chance to review his tactics and absolutely shut him down. Ended his run rather unceremoniously.

It hurt watching the kings of gief players play abigail :(

I did notice a few stick with him tho

It hurt watching the kings of gief players play abigail :(

I did notice a few stick with him tho

They want to win.

The others will join the darkside soon enough.

2017-07-18-abigailtoss.gif

It's being pointed out that because of how good Abigail is, everyone is studying the match up and as a result the character won't win as much as people feared. Even considering that, he's still got to be the best bet for the big body players because it's not like Gief or Alex are full of surprises.

Back