Canelo to face Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan in September

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03/canelo-alvarez-vs-gary-osullivan/

Alvarez is going to take a soft opponent later this year in facing contender Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan in September 2018. If Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) defeats IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) in their rematch on May 5, then the 33-year-old O’Sullivan (27-2, 19 KOs) will be fighting for three major world titles against the red-haired star.

It would be a voluntary defense for Canelo, so that would explain why he would be taking on a mediocre level middleweight contender like O’Sullivan rather than one of the higher ranked contenders that could possibly defeat him like Jermall Charlo, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Daniel Jacobs and Demetrius Andrade.

Why in the flying fuck are they even mentioning anyone before the fight with GGG.

<{cruzshake}>

This is the kind of shit that drives me nuts about boxing.

Canelo needs new handlers.

@RR make it happen

What a bizarre time to announce this.

Maybe worry about the other P4P fighter in front of you before you start talking about... Gary O'Sullivan.

Why in the flying fuck are they even mentioning anyone before the fight with GGG.

Obv Canelo creams GGG . And they are already thinking about selling out another stadium before the end of summer.

Canelo doesn't need GGG he's been packing ball parks w/o him.

tenor.gif

<mma4> .

Obv Canelo creams GGG . And they are already thinking about selling out another stadium before the end of summer.

Canelo doesn't need GGG he's been packing ball parks w/o him.

tenor.gif

<mma4> .

Annnnd then he tested positive for a banned substance which by itself would be a hit on anyone's popularity but adding to that an announcement that your next PPV fight will be against a chump from 1907 who was supposed to be a highlight reel knockout victim on HBO few months ago...

De La Hoya is going out of his way to ruin this kids reputation or it's all by accident because the Golden Girl is back on coke and in fishnets.

Annnnd then he tested positive for a banned substance which by itself would be a hit on anyone's popularity but adding to that an announcement that your next PPV fight will be against a chump from 1907 who was supposed to be a highlight reel knockout victim on HBO few months ago...

De La Hoya is going out of his way to ruin this kids reputation or it's all by accident because the Golden Girl is back on coke and in fishnets.

tumblr_no4egf0fRD1u1urhko1_400.gif

SOMEONE'S MAAAAAAD.

20180311_171031.jpg

<{1-8}> taco ?

tumblr_no4egf0fRD1u1urhko1_400.gif

SOMEONE'S MAAAAAAD.

View attachment 357403

<{1-8}> taco ?

Mad at who dipshit?

I have nothing against Canelo and I hope he consistently fights good opponents instead of bums.

As far as De La Hoya is concerned all he really does is hurt boxing by protecting some fighters and selling others out. Same way Arum does. Same way Don King used to. If you are a fan of any of those dudes you're an idiot. Though since you post in only broken sentences and gifs and giant colored text you're probably an idiot for entirely different reasons.

Mad at who dipshit?

I have nothing against Canelo and I hope he consistently fights good opponents instead of bums.

As far as De La Hoya is concerned all he really does is hurt boxing by protecting some fighters and selling others out. Same way Arum does. Same way Don King used to. If you are a fan of any of those dudes you're an idiot. Though since you post in only broken sentences and gifs and giant colored text you're probably an idiot for entirely different reasons.

De La Hoya gets a lot of crap, and some of it is understandable. He is putting Linares in against a peaking and primed Lomachenko. I don't think you'll find too many people betting with their frontal lobe standing vehind Linares. That's a bold move for a fan friendly fight. It's not like he is any worse than the other options out there. Arum, King; like you said.

He put Lemieux in with dangeorus guys like GGG and BJS who was a bad style match for him (hard for me to admit since I think BJS is a walking dildo).

He does seem very protective of his flagship fighter, and I think Canelo will take statistically safe fights after O'Sullivan. If he beats old man G he can pick and chose what mandatories to ignore, chucking aside belts in favour of other fights. I also think Canelo retires sooner than most. I hope I am wrong, as Canelo isn't a boring fighter to watch when he's "on."

Cuz everyone that's on Canelo's side seems so sure that'll he beat GGG. That's why.
I mean thats fine and all but this is stupid on multiple levels.

It takes away from the build up of the Golovkin fight for one.

I mean thats fine and all but this is stupid on multiple levels.

It takes away from the build up of the Golovkin fight for one.

Actually, reading the article it's just O'Sullivan claiming this as far as I can tell. No official word from GBP.

Mad at who dipshit?

Your mad at De La hoya but unless Floyd comes back, Canelo is still the biggest name in boxing. So overall he has been successful in building his fighter up and getting him big fights. You know, doing what a promoter is supposed to do.

You say he's selling other fighters out but eventually you have to take a step up in competition to advance. It's an opprotunity. Your looking at it the wrong way.

<Fedor23> Stay mad.

Back