Fedor knee injury confirmed. Training with his knee wrapped up.

Goddammit Fedor why are you so stubborn?! As usual, whenever he's training in Stary Oskol, it looks more like he's coaching/teaching than training. @Mixfight When was the last time we actually got some training footage in Russia?

He's looking good though, looks like he has more muscle mass.

Aside from the handkerchief tied on his knee lol,he looks to be in good shape which is a good sign atleast.Hes not round and the gunshow is on display.

It's not serious enough to pull out of the fight or train so I trust fedors judgement.Like already said it seems strange they are talking so much about his knee and posting pics if it's a big deal.

Really looking forward to this fight more then any other this year so far.

A little carpet burn ain't gonna keep Fedor out of a fight.

if fedor loses its cuz of the knee. got it. God i hope he fucking wins though fuck Francisco Mir

I'd like to see Fedor win

But any version of Mir is a serious threat, whether he is in good or bad shape

Really hope Fedor is more composed and not looking for the one knockout shot. I want movement and him picking his shots. Mixing in leg kicks and maybe a little clinch/dirty boxing. A few foot sweeps/throws attempts to keep mir guessing would be nice. It sucks because Fedor was so dynamic transitioning from standing to vicious GnP.

WAR Fedor always and forever.
ta5thh.gif

Really hope Fedor is more composed and not looking for the one knockout shot. I want movement and him picking his shots. Mixing in leg kicks and maybe a little clinch/dirty boxing. A few foot sweeps/throws attempts to keep mir guessing would be nice. It sucks because Fedor was so dynamic transitioning from standing to vicious GnP.

WAR Fedor always and forever.
ta5thh.gif

Not realistic. Fedor is 41 and if he fights in a dynamic way he will be gassed from one round.

I think he should keep distance and throw straight, hard punches at Mirs head and keep his hands up after throwing while being ready to sprawl at any moment. I feel like even that's a lot to ask of him but its his best way to win IMO.

Fedor training...makes me a laugh a little. I don't think he puts a lot of effort or time into training now days. I think its a fairly relaxed atmosphere he surrounds himself with.

P.S.: I just hope Coker/Viacom didn't go nuts on his contract. The guy is a legend but that is in the past and I'm sure he'll draw ok but that is about it. Old man Shamrock's show I bet will have a higher rating than this Fedor fight. I hope it does better but I'm not counting on it. Bellator 172 that Matt pulled out of at 11th hour didn't do great and if you weren't on MMA social media sites or web sites within an hour of the show you didn't even know Fedor wasn't fighting. I believe many fans didn't even know especially if you tuned in late there wasn't a ton of talk about it being cancelled either after the opening of the event.

These are pics his training partners posted this week. Hes training in Stary Oskol with his usual training partners: Nemkov brothers, Moldavski, Tokov, and Sidelnikov.

Not a BJJ black belt in sight. Fedor with a fucked up knee and lack of opponent simulation in his camp.

What a ride this one is going to be.
giphy.gif

<{anton}>

As usual, whenever he's training in Stary Oskol, it looks more like he's coaching/teaching than training.

Miguel Torres said that teaching is one of the best forms of training.

Miguel Torres said that teaching is one of the best forms of training.

Teaching is great for technique revision BUT for someone who's training for high stakes fights, there should be some kind of challenge in the training process which Fedor clearly isn't getting.

To me Fedor looks highly motivated in recent pics from his training camp. I think he will shock the world once again.

there should be some kind of challenge in the training process which Fedor clearly isn't getting.

You don't know what kind of drills he's going through. Assuming he's not getting any challenges, like that's a fact, because he's in Starry Oskol and with his same team is a flimsy argument at best and you know it.

You don't know what kind of drills he's going through. Assuming he's not getting any challenges, like that's a fact, because he's in Starry Oskol and with his same team is a flimsy argument at best and you know it.

The fights don't lie. Fedor hasn't shown any new skills in a long time, his grappling has become noticeably weaker, his clinch has become weaker, his decision making has become weaker- all while his students have become a lot better and actually look good. This tells me they're absorbing what hes showing them but he isnt learning anything new. They flew in the same coach from Holland, Peter Taijse (Hoost's guy) who holds pads for them and Fedor practices the same combos hes been learning since 2005 when he was preparing for Mirko. No high level wrestlers, no high level BJJ guys and the same camp in Stary Oskol with no one who can simulate Mir's strengths.

Aleksander Emelianenko has been saying Fedors camp is trash for years. Oleinik has been saying Fedors camp is trash for years too and recently released a video saying that hes been saying it for years and people are finally catching on to it when before they would attack him for such "blasphemy." Fedor is my favorite fighter ever but even I have to admit he's stubborn as fuck and its costed him losses in fights that he could have won.

As someone who loves Fedor and also trains I recognize there are no drills he can be doing with the guys and coaches in his camp that will simulate any of the problems he may run into when fighting Mir which could put him in danger that he won't be properly prepared for.

Last edited:
The fights don't lie. Fedor hasn't shown any new skills in a long time, his grappling has become noticeably weaker, his clinch has become weaker, his decision making has become weaker- all while his students have become a lot better and actually look good. This tells me they're absorbing what hes showing them but he isnt learning anything new. He flew in the same coach from Holland flew in Peter Taijse (Hoost's guy) who holds pads for them and Fedor practices the same combos hes been learning since 2005 when he was preparing for Mirko. No high level wrestlers, no high level BJJ guys and the same camp in Stary Oskol with no one who can simulate Mir's strengths.

Aleksander Emelianenko has been saying Fedors camp is trash for years. Oleinik has been saying Fedors camp is trash for years too and recently released a video saying that hes been saying it for years and people are finally catching on to it when before they would attack him for such "blasphemy." Fedor is my favorite fighter ever but even I have to admit he's stubborn as fuck and its costed him losses in fights that he could have won.

As someone who loves Fedor and also trains I recognize there are no drills he can be doing with the guys and coaches in his camp that will simulate any of the problems he may run into when fighting Mir which could put him in danger that he won't be properly prepared for.
Link to Oliynyk saying Fedors camp is trash and the video where he says that ? Not that I don't believe you , I just want to see it . I googled " Oleksiy Oliynyk fedor emelianenko's training camp " and didnt find anything . Maybe my googlin skills aren't up to snuff .

Fedor loves his country and his small village. It’s his comfort.

If he tryed harder to learn English he could have had a camp at let’s say ATT or TriStar and be around the best and be pushed hard regarding sparring and possibly learn a more reserved game plan.

But as I stated he’s a countrymen and that will never change. Even if he was guaranteed a win if he moved to ATT or TriStar for 10 weeks.

Russia_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Back