Come back to the Late 90's with me

Oh man, the late 90s!

Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were in full effect.

VS

People were arguing over who the best boy band was between Backstreet Boys and N'Sync.

VS

The "latin music explosion" was killing the music charts with J-Lo, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Marc Anthony

People were hearing Jay-Z for the first time

As well as Eminem

Then there were annoying, creepy, and catchy songs like these...

Blair_Witch_Project.jpg

Oh man, the late 90s!

Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were in full effect.

VS

People were arguing over who the best boy band was between Backstreet Boys and N'Sync.

VS

The "latin music explosion" was killing the music charts with J-Lo, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Marc Anthony

People were hearing Jay-Z for the first time

As well as Eminem

Then there were annoying, creepy, and catchy songs like these...

Great post!

Agent Mulder I did a fair amount of partying in 90's so some of it is vague but lets not get carried away, best decade ever?

<DisgustingHHH>

I always loved this fake ad which pretty much is just making fun of 90's advertisements.

That commercial was fantastic. It’s as if whoever made it had access to my thoughts.

Once I heard this

I knew rock had died and was never coming back.

In January, 1999, the kids show Ed, Edd, and Eddy debuted. Later on a theory developed that all the kids were actually dead and in purgatory. Certain hints were given in the show like all the kids had blue and green tongues which is what happens when a person dies. Same thing with the color of their skin. Its also difficult to pinpoint the time period the show takes place in. Sometimes the kids use typewriters, sometimes they have computers, sometimes old polaroid camera's. They are also dressed from different time periods and there are no parents in the show.

Some examples of their deaths would be that Rolf was killed in the early 1900's by being trampled by a bull. Ed drowned in a river in the 1930's. Double D died of a gas leak explosion. Dark stuff but what is amazing is how well this stuff all fits together. I'll give a short video below that touches on this stuff but there is a lot of videos detailing how they came to these conclusions based on hints in the show. Kevin, the block bully was beaten to death by his abusive father in 1999.

maxresdefault.jpg

Late 90's i was just basically working all the time and except for a few rare visits to the cinema those years hardly registered in terms of pop culture. But this one is an unforgettable gem, from the time, MIB came out in 1997.

It really was not a great time for mainstream cinema I'd say, endless bland CGI fests for blockbusters before the Matrix and then Lord of the Rings brought the new tech under control for something decent.

Good time for music though when Grunge and Britpop died out and some more interesting stuff got a bit more limelight...

The late 90s were ace for staying off sixth form to watch the xmen and then the spiderman cartoon on fox kids, wearing kickers knitted jumpers and paying a tenner for an e!

edit: I guess that was 2000 (aka late, late 90's)

edit: I guess that was 2000 (aka late, late 90's)

So hilarious. I knew a group of guys that used to do this shit all the time and drive me crazy. wassuuuuppppppp

Last edited:
Im down to relive the golden age of hip hop, and high school titties.

I was 10 to 19 years old during the 90s. I can’t imagine a better decade in which to grow up. Still had to struggle through lack of technology in childhood but benefit from it now. Lived through the first wave and then the remakes of all cinematic touchstones. Every single genre of music was open to us.

Tech grew up with us.

Ok I know some of you will say you didn't like the movie (personally I think it was a masterpiece) but the fact remains that you simply could NOT escape this movie in 97-98. It was probably THE single biggest cultural phenomenon I've ever seen in all my years. It was everywhere. And I mean....every where! This permeated every single nook and crevice of pop culture around that time (in what was basically a pre-internet age, mind you). There were villagers in Africa who were talking about Titanic in the late 90's

5429b59c8e78fbc4_MCDTITA_FE014_H_1_.JPG

Last edited:
Back