Premier League Thread 2017/18 v89: Salah edition

Who would you have in your team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, leg logs were my thing. Professor I trained with for 4 years was a sambo guy and I always found that leg locks were just waiting for me if you went fishing.

But generally, they’re really dangerous if you get someone who doesn’t know how to properly defend and scrambles, which often leads to them hurting themselves.
When I taught white belt classes or helped (years after training with sambo dude), we would essentially tell you who you could or couldn’t do leg locks to. Usually this was blue belts and above,but not always.
When I run classes I don’t allow leg locks during rolling below purple. Learn to pass first. Also and more importantly most white belts still have the ability to panic and spaz. It’s just a natural fact and if a white belt decided he wants to ignore me and start chasing leg locks we’ll roll and that person will get into intro to rhino style passing as I call it

@Sebbe

'I left Celtic for M&S... but I never gave up on my dream': Flying full back Robertson on his rapid rise to Liverpool's first-team

NEW INTERVIEW BY DOMINIC KING: Andrew Robertson was standing outside Jurgen Klopp's office, getting his words in order before knocking on the door. It was mid-October and Robertson had asked Klopp for an audience. The timing of the meeting was far from ideal — days earlier Liverpool had been skewered by Tottenham at Wembley and the German was still smarting — but there was no turning back. This conversation needed to take place.
Such a high class lb. He'll prove to be very important for pool short and long term.

When I run classes I don’t allow leg locks during rolling below purple. Learn to pass first. Also and more importantly most white belts still have the ability to panic and spaz. It’s just a natural fact and if a white belt decided he wants to ignore me and start chasing leg locks we’ll roll and that person will get into intro to rhino style passing as I call it
ha, we worked leglocks from 50/50 today.

Guys pray for my anus/trousers this morning

Had to leave at a set time as I’m meeting my a gender friend this morning, but I spent 10 minutes too long in the shower, so I couldn’t have a shit. And I need to have one but now I’m traveling 2 hours lool

Fuck sake forgot my bag at home

TELEMMGLPICT000157807001_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqfnkcwt8p9RKQQJEIwwVfzUUBH_j24Rjpk-kEymwMhsM.jpeg

so my fellow UK Prem threaders ? Yay or Nay........i'm not so sure, I know myself and and a few guys I used to train with, now give zero fucks about it, and couldn't tell you anything about most fighters on a PPV card, but i'm an old bastard, I have zero clue why young people like 'ink' on their face and neck, Instagram or iphones, so has MMA evolved from the ''cage fighter'' tough guy with a staffie nonsense ? is it being spoken about at your work or school ?

Last edited:
everyone thinks Luke Shaw will leave United, and continue to discuss who else will be shown the door

meanwhile at Chelsea......

so my fellow UK Prem threaders ? Yay or Nay........i'm not so sure, I know myself and and a few guys I used to train with, now give zero fucks about it, and couldn't tell you anything about most fighters on a PPV card, but i'm an old bastard, I have zero clue why young people like 'ink' on their face and neck, Instagram or iphones, so has MMA evolved from the ''cage fighter'' tough guy with a staffie nonsense ? is it being spoken about at your work or school ?

There's one other dude I work with that will chat to me about MMA and he's the same guy who I'll chat to about boxing.

Got some lads I go to the pub with who are younger and got into it through the Conor Mc hype but are now fans of the sport. Also a few around my age that will watch if he fights.

I know a lot less about fighters than I used to, but I still watch most events. However, unless it's a big show, I usually just watch the 3 or 4 fighters that I already know of. The rest I fast forward until then finish. and see how it ended.

There's one other dude I work with that will chat to me about MMA and he's the same guy who I'll chat to about boxing.

Got some lads I go to the pub with who are younger and got into it through the Conor Mc hype but are now fans of the sport. Also a few around my age that will watch if he fights.

I know a lot less about fighters than I used to, but I still watch most events. However, unless it's a big show, I usually just watch the 3 or 4 fighters that I already know of. The rest I fast forward until then finish. and see how it ended.
<mma4> I don't really speak to too many 18 to 35 year olds, {the age bracket I would suspect watches it most} really depends if they remain fans when they get older, I personally don't see it being anywhere near even present day snooker in terms of popularity, it may get pushed down our throats, like women's football, but I don't really see anyone giving a fuck about it, to enable it to become mainstream over here.

<mma4> I don't really speak to too many 18 to 35 year olds, {the age bracket I would suspect watches it most} really depends if they remain fans when they get older, I personally don't see it being anywhere near even present day snooker in terms of popularity, it may get pushed down our throats, like women's football, but I don't really see anyone giving a fuck about it, to enable it to become mainstream over here.

More than 16,000 in attendance for a fairly average card at UFC London this weekend gone.

Snooker's an odd one. Their viewing figures have been going up recently. I never hear anyone other than one mate talking about it, but they had over 4 million viewers for the final last year. Maybe it's not a London thin? Maybe it's an older person thing? Looking at the crowd, it usually attracts older people.

More than 16,000 in attendance for a fairly average card at UFC London this weekend gone.

Snooker's an odd one. Their viewing figures have been going up recently. I never hear anyone other than one mate talking about it, but they had over 4 million viewers for the final last year. Maybe it's not a London thin? Maybe it's an older person thing? Looking at the crowd, it usually attracts older people.
<Fedor23> The NFL fills Wembley, but I wouldn't say its any popular now, than it was in the 80's 0r 90's

<Fedor23> The NFL fills Wembley, but I wouldn't say its any popular now, than it was in the 80's 0r 90's

CBA to look into NFL numbers, but they only have 4 UK games a year.

With MMA, you have BAMMA, Cage Warriors, UFC Bellator UK putting on events and promotions like KSW filling 60k stadiums in Dublin. It's popular.

When I went to UFC Manchester there were loads of fans of different ages and a fairly good mix of races too. Far more women than I expected too, but a fair few of them were going home early because they were drunk or falling asleep. The event did finish at 6am though.

yeah, VAR ruins the game, leave it as it is.<{chips}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back