Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer for THE HANDMAID'S TALE Season 2, Premieres April 25 on Hulu

Mixed feelings.

I loved the book, and the movie, but was a bit disappointed with the show, and didn't expect it to receive such universal acclaim.

Did anyone else check out the new ABC show Deception? In the grand tradition of the Mentalist, a magician goes to work for the FBI to catch criminals and the illusionist who framed his twin brother.

Now You See Me plus The Prestige plus FX (the film). The lead is a little too annoying, but the supporting cast is full of likeable characters.

I would say it gets cancelled after one season, but Monk, Psyche, and The Mentalist all lasted forever. And people love magic. Really it’s the only reason I even tried the pilot episode.

Also Timeless is back after they almost got cancelled. Disjointed first episode, but good to have it back.

Anyone wanting a similar show should check out El Ministerio del Tiempo on Netflix. It’s from Spain and has subtitles (for those who don’t speak Spanish), but it’s good tv. The episodes are a little lengthy, so be warned.

Last edited:
Sister's started on Scorpion, based on the Frank Dux-like lies from Walter O'Brien. Sweet Jesus, it's awful. If it was billed as a spoof, I might actually watch it, because I can't take it even remotely seriously.

Sister's started on Scorpion, based on the Frank Dux-like lies from Walter O'Brien. Sweet Jesus, it's awful. If it was billed as a spoof, I might actually watch it, because I can't take it even remotely seriously.
When the first season aired, they actually had Walter interviews after each episode (I think) about what really happened. Like the first episode with the airport traffic control issue was less Fast and Furious and more find an overweight dude in a Metallic shirt because he’s probably better at computers than all of you old people and I’ll walk him thru the commands.

Personally, I like the early episodes. It’s very MacGyver-esque. Paige and Happy are also nice to look at. Cade’s a badass. The science is interesting.

I usually hate musical numbers, but Under Pressure in The Magicians was fantastic. It's possibly the only time one of these bits has made me feel anything, and it's because the song choice, how it fit into the story, the division of the parts, how the dynamics fit the action perfectly (ffz to pp, slow crescendo back to fff), it was awesome. When they said they had to sing I rolled my eyes, but I was totally into it in ten seconds.

I usually hate musical numbers, but Under Pressure in The Magicians was fantastic. It's possibly the only time one of these bits has made me feel anything, and it's because the song choice, how it fit into the story, the division of the parts, how the dynamics fit the action perfectly (ffz to pp, slow crescendo back to fff), it was awesome. When they said they had to sing I rolled my eyes, but I was totally into it in ten seconds.
tenor.gif

If you haven't yet, you guys should check out COUNTERPART. It's one, if not, the best drama airing on TV right now. Brilliant series.

So now there's rumours floating around that Rick and Morty may not even return for season 4. Because Adult Swim hasn't officially picked it up as of yet, and because a guy called out Dan Harmon about it and didn't get a clear answer back.

I don't really believe this at all, as R&M is probably one of the most hyped up shows nowadays, but still just these rumours makes me nervous. I mean it felt like forever before season 3 even started

First Trailer for Marvel's CLOAK & DAGGER, Premieres June 7 on Freeform

In two minds about Cloak and Dagger, what with Freefrom aiming at an even lower age group than the CW. Any news on New Warriors? I really want to see how the fuck they get Squirrel Girl into a show without it being a train wreck.

In two minds about Cloak and Dagger, what with Freefrom aiming at an even lower age group than the CW. Any news on New Warriors? I really want to see how the fuck they get Squirrel Girl into a show without it being a train wreck.
Here are the last headlines from New Warriors:

Update: November 1, 2017

NEW WARRIOR Won't Air on Freeform Anymore, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere

i2gBeZn.png

Marvel's highly anticipated take on New Warriors is on the move. The half-hour scripted comedy, picked up straight to series at Freeform in April, will no longer air on the younger-skewing, Disney-owned cable network. Instead, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marvel will shop the live-action comedy to other outlets.

Sources say there has been some talk that the 10-episode series from Kevin Biegel (Enlisted) could be taken to Disney's forthcoming subscription streaming service, though insiders stress that's a long shot.

The pilot — which stars Baby Daddy grad Derek Theler as Mister Immortal and This Is Us' Milana Vayntrub as fan-favorite Squirrel Girl — is said to have tested through the roof and caught the attention of high-level Disney executives. Insiders note that Freeform — which is expanding original programming to four nights a week in 2018 — could not find a slot for the show next year as it had originally intended. Marvel then asked for New Warriors back as the comic book powerhouse wants it to premiere in the new year. Freeform obliged.

"We are extremely excited about Marvel’s New Warriors and look forward to finding the perfect partner to launch the series with in 2018,” said Dan Buckley, president of Marvel Entertainment.

Sources suggest Disney-owned Marvel — which has a multiple-show deal at Netflix that includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders and the upcoming Punisher — is no longer able to sell to outside companies. If true, that would seemingly limit the potential new homes for New Warriors. That would indicate that New Warriors could wind up on Disney's SVOD service that will be home to the studio's hits like Finding Dory, Marvel features like Captain America and Lucasfilm titles including Star Wars. Disney's streaming service is being eyed to launch in late 2019, which could also eliminate that as a destination unless the platform is jump-started early as Marvel is keen on the show airing in 2018.

S
ources say New Warriors could also be taken out to other streaming services, with the comic book giant eyeing a two-season pickup. Production is rumored to resume in January should the show find a quick new home.

New Warriors is about six young people learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. Joining Vayntrub and Theler are Jeremy Tardy as Night Thrasher, Calum Worthy as Speedball, Matthew Moy as Microbe and Kate Comer as Debrii. New Warriors hails from Marvel Television and ABC Studios' cable arm ABC Signature. Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory executive produce alongside Biegel, who serves as showrunner. New Warriors, sources say,could be Marvel TV 2.0, with the ability to feature multiple spinoffs similar to the company's Netflix arrangement.

In picking up the series in April, Freeform exec vp programming and development Karey Burke noted the process was "super competitive," and that the cabler had been longtime fans of the franchise and "chased Squirrel Girl" before landing Marvel's Cloak and Dagger with a straight-to-series order.

Marvel's 'New Warriors' Won't Air on Freeform Anymore, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere (Exclusive)

Update: December 13, 2017

First Look at the NEW WARRIORS Cast Together in a Behind-the-Scenes Photo

zUpg3kL.jpg

First Look at George R.R. Martin's Psychological Sci-Fi Thriller NIGHTFLYERS on Syfy

Set in 2093, Nightflyers is a psychological thriller that follows a team of scientists to the edge of the solar system to find a mysterious alien ship. Coming fall 2018 to Syfy.

Boo. Gonna have to steal it online, as YouTube Red's not available in the UK.

Was Krypton as shitty as the reviews are making it out to be? Certainly doesn't sound too appealing.

Watched the entirety of the second season of "Into the Badlands" yesterday.

I want to really love this show and Nick Frost really added to the second season but...

Quinn dying means the show has essentially lost a good antagonist. I get The Widow is supposed to take over that spot but I can't take an antagonist serious when she's literally stabbed EVERYONE in the back at least once

Also, the kid playing MK literally ruins every scene he's in. Wooden overacting emotionless motherfucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back