Floyd doesnt even have a punchers chance against Conor in mma

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
Lets be real. Conor has a really good chin (hasnt even been knocked down) from guys bigger than Floyd and with small gloves. Mayweather is not known for his punching power. Floyds only chance of beating him in the cage is tiring him out somehow, which would be very unlikely since Conor will decide where this fight goes (ground or standing, kicking range or punching range).
Now lets say Conor decides to stand with Floyd and gets tired after awhile. Conor could always go for a takedown and take a break inside Floyds guard. in other words, floyd has no realistic chance

Floyd has the same shot in MMA that Conor had in Boxing...none.

What people do not get is that at any point in that fight, even when Conor was wobbling around on chicken legs, Floyd still could not have finished an MMA fight. Conor would just pull a Werdum, flop and force Floyd to let him recover or hop in to his guard.

Many people are just stupid and do not realize the difference between MMA and boxing, as the only combat sport many experienced growing up was boxing, so they have it on a mantle, a kind of pedestal and think all kinds of ridiculous nonsense (''Tyson would beat Cain'' lel).

Floyd has the same shot in MMA that Conor had in Boxing...none.
I would have agreed before the boxing match but after, I think under the right circumstances, Conor could beat him (i.e. a 6 round or even 10 fight), even if his odds were slim. Floyd, however, he aint winning any ten seconds of their MMA fight.

People should really go watch UFC 1 and some NHB to get a refresher on the lessons that James Toney, Art Jimmerson, Ray Mercer and Mayorga have taught us. And for those that bring up Mercer vs Timmeh, they should really research the fight, as it was an agreed upon boxing match with MMA gloves, as Mercer refused to fight MMA but they only received MMA sanctioning.

f19c9eb3-5ca0-44bd-a513-1021092a6a46

floyd-mayweather-punches-conor-mcgregor_u41m9qkx5yr31ke399yvhyhn8.jpg

027_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.jpg

merlin-to-scoop-126438434-51061-superJumbo.jpg

170827003944-04-mayweather-mcgregor-super-169.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

839708484.0.jpg

r-1024-768-flojd-mejuedyr-i-konyr-makgregyr.jpg

27FIGHTweb1-superJumbo.jpg

mayweather-mcgregor-2.jpg

Floyd isn't fighting in MMA. It would be total destruction. If I was the fighter I wouldn't submit him. Id punish him slowly. He'll never do it.

Floyd isn't fighting in MMA. It would be total destruction. If I was the fighter I wouldn't submit him. Id punish him slowly. He'll never do it.
Floyd is nothing to play with. You better make it quick by taking him down. Tim Sylvia learned that the hard way.

Floyd is nothing to play with. You better make it quick by taking him down. Tim Sylvia learned that the hard way.

Lol....everybody brings up that 1 time.

Conor could play with Floyd for 25 minutes and there isnt shit Floyd could do about it. Leg kicks, kicks mixed with punches...TD..GnP ...elbows give me a fuckin break.

He would get smashed in whatever manner Conor or Mighty Mouse or anybody else wanted.

Conor could play with Floyd for 25 minutes and there isnt shit Floyd could do about it. Leg kicks, kicks mixed with punches...TD..GnP ...elbows give me a fuckin break.

He would get smashed in whatever manner Conor or Mighty Mouse or anybody else wanted.

bantamweight floyd will surprise you

I am sure Tim felt the same against 50 year old Ray Mercer. Tim was going to leg kick and elbow him, right? Tim never got the chance. You think Tim damaged the sport? Let Floyd catch him early because this time he isnt screwing around. Also, I cant think of a better guy to prepare Floyd than Tyron Woodley.

Last edited:
I would have agreed before the boxing match but after, I think under the right circumstances, Conor could beat him (i.e. a 6 round or even 10 fight), even if his odds were slim. Floyd, however, he aint winning any ten seconds of their MMA fight.

People should really go watch UFC 1 and some NHB to get a refresher on the lessons that James Toney, Art Jimmerson, Ray Mercer and Mayorga have taught us. And for those that bring up Mercer vs Timmeh, they should really research the fight, as it was an agreed upon boxing match with MMA gloves, as Mercer refused to fight MMA but they only received MMA sanctioning.
Nope. It was an MMA match. Tim tried a leg kick. Ray checked it, blasted him and got on the ground and finished him.

Nope. It was an MMA match. Tim tried a leg kick. Ray checked it, blasted him and got on the ground and finished him.
Yes it was a sanctioned MMA fight but as previously stated, it was agreed upon to be a stand up only match. Why do you think Tim was not shooting for his like like Randy did versus Toney or even Kimbo versus Ray?

Ray was not doing an MMA fight so they had a gentlemen's agreement that it would be standing only.

Yes it was a sanctioned MMA fight but as previously stated, it was agreed upon to be a stand up only match. Why do you think Tim was not shooting for his like like Randy did versus Toney or even Kimbo versus Ray?

Ray was not doing an MMA fight so they had a gentlemen's agreement that it would be standing only.
Tim never shot on anybody in his entire career. Tim fought his fight. Tim, like every joker here claiming, figured a boxer cant deal with leg kicks and elbows. Tim's slow ass probably would have got caught if he tried anyway. It was a perfect storm.

Tim never shot on anybody in his entire career. Tim fought his fight. Tim, like every joker here claiming, figured a boxer cant deal with leg kicks and elbows. Tim's slow ass probably would have got caught if he tried anyway. It was a perfect storm.
Even if it was the perfect storm and everything that you say is true, it does not change the point I was illustrating: following Mercer getting blitzed by Kimbo, he said 'no mo MMA', so a boxing match was scheduled with Tim. Said boxing match could and did not receive sanctioning, however, they were able to get it sanctioned under MMA. Ray was going to walk, lest Tim agreed to keep it standing, and seeing as Tim was broke, he agreed, and that is the match that we watched.

Dude, all I ever said is Conor can not afford to fuck around by keeping it standing. A standing boxer is a dangerous boxer. Kimbo fought Ray the way he had to.

Floyd could catch Conor coming in with one shot and put Conor on Spaghetti legs...you never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back