Bull fighting, man vs beast or animal cruelty?

6:35 of that video, old dumbass in PINK shirt, got fucked up for almost a minute. his leg got caught in the rope so the bull was dragging him lol

Fucking brutal....he got pounded....I like the ragdolls the best.......

Both.

Also, it's unquestionably a tradition. That isn't mutually exclusive to it being anachronistically barbaric.
^

It should probably stop. If you want to watch people fight beasts, just watch a Harry Potter movie or something.

certainly a tradition. certainly animal cruelty

I smiled a few months back when that famous dude died from the bull attack.

Disgusting sport.

I prefer the parkour version.

Not a fan of any of this kind of stuff, but this is very impressive. Reminds of the Minoans:

Bull-Leaping.jpg

I don't mind bullriding like you see at rodeos and shit... bullfighting though seems so fucked.

The people who moralistically decry this stuff are (generally) full of shit.

Spain: Bull is lavishly treated with respect and pampered until the day it dies at the hands of the matador for the people's enjoyment.
Response: OMG SO BARBARIC I CAN'T EVEN
United Sates: For years, cow is tortured, kept stationary and restricted from moving, constantly impregnated, has its babies torn from it, gorged into obesity and then summarily slaughtered for meat. After 5 or so years of hellish existence, it's killed. All so that people can enjoy its meat.
Response: So what? Are you some pussy vegan?​

Spain: Bull is lavishly treated with respect and pampered until the day it dies at the hands of the matador for the people's enjoyment.
United Sates: For years, cow is tortured, kept stationary and restricted from moving, constantly impregnated, has its babies torn from it, gorged into obesity and then summarily slaughtered for meat. After 5 or so years of hellish existence, it's killed. All so that people can enjoy its meat.
My biggest problem with bullfighting is it's death by 1000 cuts essentially.

Never forget vids of a bull, still alive with like 10 of those sword things the matador's use hanging out of it.

Like, I go hunting. It's PRETTY rare to get a single shot where the animal just drops dead on the spot. Even perfect heart shots don't do that:

(Not me in the above vid, just an example).

Most hunting shots you WANT like this but rarely get:

BUT USUALLY, I get a good double lung shot where the animal takes off, I track it, and when I find it 5-10 minutes later it for one hasn't traveled far and for two, died pretty damn quick with little real suffering.

Stabbing an animal as big as a bull like 20 times with small harpoons though?

I was only going on word of moth on that one. Granted, it could be hysteria. The only debate to be had is whether it is a sport imo.
yea, but can you really trust the word of a moth? they are notorious liars.

i hate it and definitely would like to see it banned. killing an animal for sport is pathetic

I like how you downplay one and dramatize the other.

^The difference is that one is done for the purpose of producing food and the other is done just because it's fun. Ignoring the overdramtics, it's the natural way to kill other species for food so it's hard to say it's wrong.

Stuff like bull-riding and horse-racing or the I-Killed-A-Dog race in Alaska is abusive to the animals period and it doesn't serve some great need like harvesting animals for food does. It'll never change since folks don't give a shit about animals but it's a significant difference.

I like how you downplay one and dramatize the other.
Or how he hilariously conflates spectacle with sustenance.

That's commie "intelligence" for you. This is why commies end up starving.

Back