What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Did any of this new legislation affect the Norinco Type 81? I know it’s not much consolation but we (US) can’t get any more Chinese imports. Not all that heartbreaking with the new shit being shoveled out of there, but the old Chinese weapons are fucking solid. I’d love a Type 81 just for the novelty, not that I wouldn’t put her to work here and there!
Oddly enough, I'm dangerously close to cancelling my T-81 pre-order to fund my 6.5 Creedmoor. Still on the fence.

As for C-71, I don't think it should effect current N/Rs. The thing about the CZ 858 and Swiss Arms is that technically there were a few full-auto receivers kicking around, which is why they were moved back and forth and back again, to and from prohibited status.

Not in 6.5 CM, at least not right now.

@bushman505 You know anything about Winchester XPRs? That said, there is a T3X Lite Stainless, in 6.5 CM, in Saskatoon right now and I'm off on Friday.

A t3x lite would be an awesome choice. I think the XPR rifles are good for what they are, I know a guy who has one in 243, he ahot a moose with it and he didn’t have any complaints about the gun.

Oddly enough, I'm dangerously close to cancelling my T-81 pre-order to fund my 6.5 Creedmoor. Still on the fence.

As for C-71, I don't think it should effect current N/Rs. The thing about the CZ 858 and Swiss Arms is that technically there were a few full-auto receivers kicking around, which is why they were moved back and forth and back again, to and from prohibited status.

Dumb question, but could you buy a rifle off of somebody who brought it into Canada for a hunt? Like if you found somebody who was coming up your way to hunt and they happened to be willing to sell their rifle to you on the way out?

A t3x lite would be an awesome choice. I think the XPR rifles are good for what they are, I know a guy who has one in 243, he ahot a moose with it and he didn’t have any complaints about the gun.
I've handled a Tikka T3 before, thought it was well made, but would you buy a new one sight unseen? I'm basically trying to decide whether I drive the 8+ hour round trip just to fondle one before I buy it, or have it shipped.
Dumb question, but could you buy a rifle off of somebody who brought it into Canada for a hunt? Like if you found somebody who was coming up your way to hunt and they happened to be willing to sell their rifle to you on the way out?
No, non-residents can only temporarily import their hunting firearms; they're legally not supposed to stay in Canada. The US does export checks too.

I've handled a Tikka T3 before, thought it was well made, but would you buy a new one sight unseen? I'm basically trying to decide whether I drive the 8+ hour round trip just to fondle one before I buy it, or have it shipped.

I buy everything online (sight unseen) until I arrive at the ffl. If it's new in box it should be fine.

Just ask them to look it over and hold it for you, explaining the situation(drive).

No, non-residents can only temporarily import their hunting firearms; they're legally not supposed to stay in Canada. The US does export checks too.

Yeah I’d buy one sight unseen, it’s like a Glock, if you’ve handled one you’ve more or less handled them all.

How much are they asking for it? Is it the light or super light? I’d rather have the light since I’d probably shorten the barre by 2-3 inches and the fluted barre of the super lite would make that look like shit.

Yeah I’d buy one sight unseen, it’s like a Glock, if you’ve handled one you’ve more or less handled them all.

How much are they asking for it? Is it the light or super light? I’d rather have the light since I’d probably shorten the barre by 2-3 inches and the fluted barre of the super lite would make that look like shit.
T3x Lite stainless/synthetic, about $1K, which may seem expensive to you, but that's the new normal in Canada and why it's taken this long for me to buy a new gun. Plan on putting a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm on it.

T3x Lite stainless/synthetic, about $1K, which may seem expensive to you, but that's the new normal in Canada and why it's taken this long for me to buy a new gun. Plan on putting a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm on it.

Do it. Much better choice than the others you listed. Is it warm enough to take the SS out on that drive?

Welp, the only fucking reason to visit Reddit is gone! No more r/gundeals. Site wide ban on ATF shit. Even subs that simply act as a medium to link buyer and seller/distributer are banned under the new policy. They wont facilitate transactions of regulated goods. Even though the sub in question wasnt even for private sellers, and even though it's all completely in line with all federal and state laws! My pockets will be heftier as a result, but I am not happy on general principle. It was a great little resource for finding deals, without spending hours browsing different sites.

Last edited:
Welp, the only fucking reason to visit Reddit is gone! No more r/gundeals. Site wide ban on ATF shit. Even subs that simply act as a medium to link buyer and seller/distributer are banned under the new policy. They wont facilitate transactions of regulated goods. Even though the sub in question wasnt even for private sellers, and even though it's all completely in line with all federal and state laws! My pockets will be heftier as a result, but I am not happy on general principle. It was a great little resource for finding deals, without spending hours browsing different sites.

https://gun.deals

Do it. Much better choice than the others you listed. Is it warm enough to take the SS out on that drive?
Buddy, we're about to get dumped on (late season snow), which is why I don't want to drive to Saskatoon this weekend just to fondle a rifle.

Looks like the Camaro gets to sleep in for quite some time, this year.

Buddy, we're about to get dumped on (late season snow), which is why I don't want to drive to Saskatoon this weekend just to fondle a rifle.

Looks like the Camaro gets to sleep in for quite some time, this year.

Well that's unfortunate.

Just have it shipped. I misread your previous post, didn't realize it was an option. Just ask them to look it over.

Well that's unfortunate.

Just have it shipped. I misread your previous post, didn't realize it was an option. Just ask them to look it over.
Yeah, I was even looking forward to having this weekend off and not having to be here, looks like I'll be snowed in, watching more videos about 6.5 Creedmoor and convincing myself on how much I "need" this gun.

Yeah, I was even looking forward to having this weekend off and not having to be here, looks like I'll be snowed in, watching more videos about 6.5 Creedmoor and convincing myself on how much I "need" this gun.

It's an awesome caliber. I've shot it out to about 1150 meters. Light recoil flat shooting.

Do you have a snowmobile?

It's an awesome caliber. I've shot it out to about 1150 meters. Light recoil flat shooting.

Do you have a snowmobile?
No, nor do I own an ATV. Although now that I think of it, I should probably file my taxes instead of watching a bunch of YouTube gun videos all weekend.

Damn. I got a LH T3 Lite in 30-06 for something like $425.

From what I've seen the t3x stainless lite go for like $575 currently(online). He's paying about $775 usd. So really not that much more considering it's a store purchase.

The t3x is a sweet rifle, passes all my sniff tests.

I say go for it, can’t go wrong with one.

From what I've seen the t3x stainless lite go for like $575 currently(online). He's paying about $775 usd. So really not that much more considering it's a store purchase.
Shit, I remember when Mini 14s were sub $1k, less than 5 years ago. That's the new normal in Canada, Sherbros.

Shit, the two LH 30-06 on gunbroker are listed at $850. Although mine's like ten years old and I don't think it's a T3x. Just remember it being a T3 lite.

Back