Why Nate Diaz is still ranked at lightweight?

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
More than 18 months without fighting. His last fight was a loss, at UFC 202, August 20.. of 2016.

If they're going to remove Cain and Ronda due to inactivity, Nate Diaz should be removed as well. He's ranked #8 and is occupying a active fighter's spot. Not sure how this journeyman and his almost .500 record are ranked ahead of guys like Chiesa, Vick, Iaquinta etc

4d5fc2e77faf7c54e4e1895cd6e3c67a.png

To justify to the public a fight with Conor. Who also shouldn't be ranked at LW anymore.

He's a worldwide superstar and meteorically rising day by day.

Rankings don't matter

Well why is Conor McGregor still Lightweight champ and the #2 P4P fighter when his last fight was in November of 2016.........

Because ; maybe Conor wants to fight him and they dont want to show the public he is not fighting an inactive fighter

I agree. I like Nate and I believe he could beat some top 10 fighters but a year and a half of inactivity is the time anyone should be removed from rankings.

Deepest weight class and too many good fighters deserve that top 10 ranking.

I would love to see him fight again and prove his ranking but it looks like that is not happening.

UFC rankings have been a joke since it was introduced. Is anybody really surprised by this?

More than 18 months without fighting. His last fight was a loss, at UFC 202, August 20.. of 2016.

If they're going to remove Cain and Ronda due to inactivity, Nate Diaz should be removed as well. He's ranked #8 and is occupying a active fighter's spot. Not sure how this journeyman and his almost .500 record are ranked ahead of guys like Chiesa, Vick, Iaquinta etc

4d5fc2e77faf7c54e4e1895cd6e3c67a.png

THOSE are the questions the reporters should be asking. And not the typical shitty questions they ask.

Nate's last LIGHTWEIGHT fight was in December of 2015... His two fights with mcdumdum were at welterweight. 2 lightweight fights over 4 years and still holding down a top 10 hahaha.

Last edited:
because he is the only one McNugget want to fight so they have to keep him relevant

He is the unofficial lightweight champ.

He moves that needle.

Nate has never moved any needle...he just happened to fight the biggest ppv draw of all time....nate fighting anyone else, doesn't do anything...so he's not a needle mover in the slightest.

Because the media members that are still left making rankings, all 14 of them, are pretty ridiculous. One of them, Andreas Hale, writes or wrote for Sherdog.

The rest, I don't know if I've heard of half of them. David Brown writes for the Cherokee Scout? What's the Cherokee Scout? Seriously, that's a question, I went to their website and it's "the local news and information source for Cherokee County, North Carolina." The dude wrote a recent Op-ed about a rooster dying. I'm not making that up. https://www.cherokeescout.com/opinion/david-brown-richard-roosters-last-crow

He's one of the 14 voices of UFC rankings - does he know MMA? If he's well-informed, and happens to be a sherdog poster reading this, please PM me so we can talk.

Back