Bruce lee was a speedy bastard

This entire post unequivocally proves that you're a complete dumb ass. Since there is no cure for stupid I'll save myself the agony of trying to reason with you. You can find someone else on your neanderthal level to go back and forth with. I won't bother reading anymore of your shit posts let alone responding to any of them.

Notice you have no argument and just crying. You're even too stupid to realize that Bruce Lee was this exact "neanderthal" that you're crying about. Stay in school, baby girl.

Last edited:
0Lh9YoO.jpg

uecAnTz.jpg

Have you watched any of his movies in the HD re-releases? VHS doesn't count brother. If you watch the HD re-releases the speed looks more normal and the images and his movements are way more clear. I just every nunchuck clip on his movies in HD and they're all in normal speed.

It's not sped up.

Here, HD...and the erratic blinking is still there ate 3:52 mark

Last edited:
That's actually kind of true. And Bruce Lee acknowledged Muay Thai as a style that gave 95% of Chinese arts a difficult time. However, I have his personal notes and he said a couple things about Muay Thai.

ZRRXsf6.jpg

XTRGwBt.jpg

So basically, in all of Bruce Lee's incredible wisdom, he discovered that the weakness to striking arts such as Muay Thai is getting grappled to the ground.....and that the weakness to grappling arts such as Judo...is getting punched in the face. So yea, let's take Bruce Lee's incredible knowledge and enter a Judo match to punch the other guy in the face....I win. Or let's go to a Muay Thai gym and just wrestle the shit out of everyone there....with each time they break it up and tells you to stop, you just say..."ok, I won't do it again"....but keep doing it until they kick you out.

And oh yea......and poking dudes in the eyeballs or grabbing their nutsacks and squeezing them really hard....works really, really, really well when you show up to a competition match among unknowing, sportsmanlike competitors and do these illegal moves by, SURPRISE!

Man, WTF....? You need to read a book about this to know that it's true (or can be true)? What next, cracking someone over the head with a brick while they're not looking, works?

So what's your experience or background on martial arts? Do you actually train and fight? What do you do?

used to fight amateur, now just hobbyist. spar a lot though. always looking to spar.

Last edited:
So basically, in all of Bruce Lee's incredible wisdom, he discovered that the weakness to striking arts such as Muay Thai is getting grappled to the ground.....and that the weakness to grappling arts such as Judo...is getting punched in the face. So yea, let's take Bruce Lee's incredible knowledge and enter a Judo match to punch the other guy in the face....I win. Or let's go to a Muay Thai gym and just wrestle the shit out of everyone there....with each time they break it up and tells you to stop, you just say..."ok, I won't do it again"....but keep doing it until they kick you out.

And oh yea......and poking dudes in the eyeballs or grabbing their nutsacks and squeezing them really hard....works really, really, really well when you show up to a competition match among unknowing, sportsmanlike competitors and do these illegal moves by, SURPRISE!

Man, WTF....? You need to read a book about this to know that it's true (or can be true)? What next, cracking someone over the head with a brick while they're not looking, works?

I mostly agree with your basic position but in Bruce Lee's defense, he wasn't talking about combat in a sports scenario.

That said, if he thought striking was a grappler's weakness, he should've tried fighting a real wrestler, a judoka or the holy grail....a bjj artist.

Or he could've tried "grappling" a Thai Boxer in an open challenge and see how that worked out.
A lot harder than it sounds and definitely past his limited grappling ability.

You are always going to get bruce lee haters. He was a great martial artist, you just have to read or watch what Lewis, norris, wall, kelly to name but a few said about training with him, and what they learned from him.

Now, I am not one of these people who think bruce lee was super human And that no one could defeat him, as that is just stupid.

But could he have been a great mma fighter? I believe he could have. He had the speed, conditioning and power, and was a fast learner when it came to different styles. The only thing we will never know is if he had a good jaw.

People who say he was just an actor are talking absolute rubbish, and just coming from people who want to hate on him. He was a martial artist, and a great one at that.

bruce lee could do pushups on two fingers and send a dude flying from a punch 2 inches away. Bruce Lee would be BW champ if he chose to build a time machine

In my experience most Bruce Lee haters are illogical and insecure. Of course he didn't challenge nak Muay because HE RESPECTED muay Thai AS A LEGITIMATE FIGHTING ART and he adopted what he could from it. He didn't challenge boxing gyms either because HE RESPECTED BOXING as a legitimate and very effective fighting art and he adopted what he could from that as well. He challenged the training methods and typical mindset of traditional martial artists because he was out to prove the ineffectiveness of their styles COMPARED TO the progressive and contact oriented styles such as muay Thai and boxing. He was irritated with the delusional and closed minded ways of thinking of traditional martial artists so he was on a mission to prove how delusional and closed minded they were.

Man, some of you people really should get off of that "Bruce Lee wasn't a real fighter, he was an actor" wagon and get a clue.

This literally is one of the dumbest posts I ever read on sherdog and thats saying something. So he didnt challenge the most efficient ma`s because he respected them <Lmaoo> Yeah great way of learning the best ma`s by not learning them (oh yeah he trained in secret and had secret dungeon lair matches). Instead he fought a proffesional waiter in his one documented fight. He created his style without any RESPECTABLE fight career after some years. Only frauds do this. If he would have been even a little serious he would have shut up like thousands of others and trained & fought in boxing, MT, wrestling....etc for years but well that would have destroyed the myth wouldnt it and taken serious effort to learn fighting which he had no interest in at all.

Bruce Lee is like lithmus test for delusional people. As soon as you find someone who talks about this "great martial artist" you know its not worth to even have a debate with them.

Its the american way I guess to glorify a mediocre actor who did some fancy martial arts & wrote some esoteric mumbojumbo while fighters like Bluming etc. paved the way. I wonder why he never challenged Kyukushin. I guess he respected it too much.

bruce lee killed 3x world karate champion chuck norris via guillotine choke

bruce lee is a world champion killer

This literally is one of the dumbest posts I ever read on sherdog and thats saying something. So he didnt challenge the most efficient ma`s because he respected them <Lmaoo> Yeah great way of learning the best ma`s by not learning them (oh yeah he trained in secret and had secret dungeon lair matches). Instead he fought a proffesional waiter in his one documented fight. He created his style without any RESPECTABLE fight career after some years. Only frauds do this. If he would have been even a little serious he would have shut up like thousands of others and trained & fought in boxing, MT, wrestling....etc for years but well that would have destroyed the myth wouldnt it and taken serious effort to learn fighting which he had no interest in at all.

Bruce Lee is like lithmus test for delusional people. As soon as you find someone who talks about this "great martial artist" you know its not worth to even have a debate with them.

Its the american way I guess to glorify a mediocre actor who did some fancy martial arts & wrote some esoteric mumbojumbo while fighters like Bluming etc. paved the way. I wonder why he never challenged Kyukushin. I guess he respected it too much.

So he is a fraud now lol Haters can be funny.

how good he was as a fighter is a mystery and will remain so, because he didn't fight, not due to cowardice or an unwillingness to put his ego on the line but because his whole ethos was about no rules street fighting, self defence, not sport, there was no sport for him to compete in, theres no point him boxing or doing full contact karate because his main weapons were not allowed in the rules. Low rules MMA came after and due to his ideas.

That being said his teaching allowed many champions to become and stay champions in these fields because while he was about no rules fighting there was still a lot of techniques he created that crossed over well and proved so potent they created champions.
Don't think. FEEEEEEEEL! It's like a finger pointing away to the moon.

Back