Shotgun to Handgun Transition Drills

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a Remington 870 Tactical 12g Pump to add to my kit. As part of the research, and because i do dry fire practice at home with my pistol, I was curious about drills for transitioning from the shotgun to handgun. Ran across this video I thought I would share. These are the kinds of drills I hope to be running before long.

Mods please move this to the firearm forum. I was bouncing back and forth between that forum and this one and posted this in the wrong one. Apologies on that.

Last edited:
Get a good sling, use off hand to sling it away from your pistol so as not to interfere with draw stroke, then transition to a two handed grip.

Thats what we train for long gun to pistol transition.

Get a good sling, use off hand to sling it away from your pistol so as not to interfere with draw stroke, then transition to a two handed grip.

Thats what we train for long gun to pistol transition.
Thank you for the advice. I'd like to find a good class in my area as well. Dry fire drills are great and should always be a part of one's regimen, but nothing beats training from knowledgeable instructors.

Mods please move this to the firearm forum. I was bouncing back and forth between that forum and this one and posted this in the wrong one. Apologies on that.

And here I thought you were trolling the grabbers. :D

And here I thought you were trolling the grabbers. :D
Lol. No, this was and honest mistake. Surprised none of them have come in breathing fire yet though. I actually cringed a bit when I realized I had posted this topic here.

I'd say keep it. It's instructional. Lord knows "common sense" is hardly state of the art.

I'd say keep it. It's instructional. Lord knows "common sense" is hardly state of the art.
Well, looks like the mods finally noticed and were nice enough to move it for me.

More on topic though, I have been having a tough time deciding between the Mossberg 500 and the Remington 870. I finally decided on the 870 because it has a lot of after market support and seems to be a solid shotgun for the price.

I went with the Mossy. This enticed.

515473_01_mossberg_500_persuader_cruiser_640.jpg

I want a Shockwave so bad.

I bought a synthetic stock kit for this but haven't been able to get the pistol-grip bolt off. :mad:

Since then I've put in a bench vice. Been meaning to give it another go but the bitch of it is it'll fuck with the configuration of items in my safes. I'm already scraping shit. :oops:

I bought a synthetic stock kit for this but haven't been able to get the pistol-grip bolt off. :mad:

Since then I've put in a bench vice. Been meaning to give it another go but the bitch of it is it'll fuck with the configuration of items in my safes. I'm already scraping shit. :oops:
Ffffuuuuuuuu

Ffffuuuuuuuu

It's become a disproportionate amount of my wealth. Sometimes you gotta stare over the edge of the cliff to know where you're standing. :eek::D

My reconnaissance report is to just do drugs. You can't take it with you. :cool:

The fucked up part... :oops: With the three things I'm looking to sell immediately, I was thinking of the four things I would buy using half the money. Wealth-wise that's still downsizing. :cool:

I keep saying I'm going to better prioritize and reign in my future buy list but it seems to only ever grow lol. I constantly want to buy and build more. I need to just stay away from gun sites lol. I spent like an hour online the other day figuring out a lightweight ar build.

I keep saying I'm going to better prioritize and reign in my future buy list but it seems to only ever grow lol. I constantly want to buy and build more. I need to just stay away from gun sites lol. I spent like an hour online the other day figuring out a lightweight ar build.

Like any hobby, you don't lose interest once x, y, or z is completed. It's a repetitive process.

I'm hoping to sell two guns for 12k, then turn that into four 4k items and some car care money. Some might call that trading up. :cool:

Like any hobby, you don't lose interest once x, y, or z is completed. It's a repetitive process.

I'm hoping to sell two guns for 12k, then turn that into four 4k items and some car care money. Some might call that trading up. :cool:
Sounds like you'd be able to afford one of those Fostechs from my other topic. Lol

Sounds like you'd be able to afford one of those Fostechs from my other topic. Lol

If it were a burning desire I could shuffle the assets. Already out of room in two safes with no space to add another. Gotta prioritize shit in life and the Saiga 12 in there fills the "assault" shotgun need well enough. :)

If it were a burning desire I could shuffle the assets. Already out of room in two safes with no space to add another. Gotta prioritize shit in life and the Saiga 12 in there fills the "assault" shotgun need well enough. :)
True, but something one just wants to throw caution to the wind and get the Ferrari if one can afford it. lol After all, you ain't getting any younger....<45>

Back