NCAA Basketball 17-18 Discussion. Fake Classes Win Championships Edition

I need Bruson on the Celtics and I need it yesterday
Haven’t seen much of him but won’t be able to overpower nba guards like he does now. Probably be a decent back up pg at best.

This Nova team is the best college basketball team I've seen in a long time. Wow. They almost look like a pro team. Tremendously coached

This Nova team is the best college basketball team I've seen in a long time. Wow. They almost look like a pro team. Tremendously coached

Wright winning 2 in 3 years is pretty nuts. Villanova should not be a powerhouse imo

Outside of Brad Stevens, Jay Wright is the GOAT, plain and simple.

West needs to fire rivers and get Wright.

Haven’t seen much of him but won’t be able to overpower nba guards like he does now. Probably be a decent back up pg at best.

Probably have career like his dad (minus the 3 years in the D league).

Wright winning 2 in 3 years is pretty nuts. Villanova should not be a powerhouse imo

Why not? they had the Big East POY, the NCAA POY, and the MVP of the 2016 final 4 --- all different players.

I love that ESPN did a Requiem for the Big East and a big ol' R.I.P., and the Big East responds by cruised to winning 4 of the last 8 titles even after being gutted of teams !!! --- LMAO.

It's just one man's opinion but the rise of big time college basketball was largely due to the televising of Big East games midweek in the 80s. Other than alumni, did anyone care about college basketball on a national level following barn-door programs like Indiana, UNC, UK and Kansas?

The game changer were those midweek 80s games between: Syracuse, Seton Hall, UConn, Providence, Georgetown, Villanova, and St. John's --- all teams that went to the final 4. That pulled in the interest of large east cost markets and the HS players that would feed those programs. I never thought about it but that ESPN 30-for-30 really did nail it.

Just think about this, every team in the Big East, but Boston College, made it to the final 4. BC made it to the final 8 in 1982.

Last edited:
Back