Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed it was, there's something about Timothy Olyphant's character and acting that's just so goddamn hilarious in every scene he's in. That guy knows comedic timing.

he's the show.

like you said, he's really got some comedy skill i didn't know he had.

Glad I don't watch Supernatural now. I HATE Scooby Doo.

hqdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

As I am not from the US, could someone please give me an idea of how loaded Daniel is implied to be by that ad?

Would someone who owns 4 luxury car dealerships in the San Fernando Valley area be considered well-off or proper rich?
Galpin Motors runs the dealership game in the valley and they are constantly one of, if not the, top dealerships in all of the country.

So if Daniel is a stand in for Galpin, then super rich. If he's a competitor, he's still making a ton of money. Like new McMansion and huge garage for Miyagi's classic cars.

Unless he overextended himself with the fourth dealership and he's almost broke and it's putting a strain on marriage. Blah blah blah.

Really depends on how happy or miserable they want to write him.

anybody else watching krypton, its really good but i don't think it will be renewed given the ratings.

anybody else watching krypton, its really good but i don't think it will be renewed given the ratings.
a.k.a. Space Gotham. I can't seem to finish the first episode.

I made it.

Not going to make it to episode two.

Was kind of waiting for you to do what you usually do with shows that turn great.

Yeah, I have no problem letting you do the dirty work while I hang back and wait until it's safe.

I'm honestly not trying to be a smartass here.

I truly and honestly wish I had your ability to be entertained by all of these lackluster superhero shows. I really wish it.

My tv time would be a lot more fulfilling.

I'm really enjoying Barry.

It's a slightly lighter flavour of Patriot, without the depression.

I'm still pretty crushed that nobody got into Patriot. That show completely blew me away.

Was kind of waiting for you to do what you usually do with shows that turn great. Yeah, I have no problem letting you do the dirty work while I hang back and wait until it's safe.
giphy.gif

Just saw the first photos of “The Chilling Tales of Sabrina” and remembered that we did not get CW level casting.

Netflix is becoming the new “Thanks, Obama”

Karl Urban Lands the Starring Role in Amazon's Superhero Drama THE BOYS

0sLhUU2.jpg

Karl Urban is returning to the small screen. The Star Trek and Lord of the Rings actor has landed the starring role in Amazon Studios' straight-to-series superhero drama The Boys.

The Boys takes places in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame, and centers on a group of vigilantes known informally as "the boys" who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty.

Urban, whose last series regular role was in Fox's short-lived sci-fi drama Almost Human, will play Billy Butcher, who is described as mysterious and brutal with a personal but secret agenda. He approaches Hughie (Jack Quaid), claiming to be a shadowy government operative. Butcher capitalizes on Hughie's rage over his girlfriend Robin’s (uncast) accidental death at the hands of Superhero A-Train (Jessie T. Usher) and enlists Hughie as part of his plan to bring down the superhero system. Karen Fukuhara, Erin Moriarty, Antony Starr, Dominique McElligott, Chace Crawford and Nathan Mitchell co-star.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke will serve as creator and showrunner on The Boys, which will be directed by Seth Rogen and his longtime producing partner Evan Goldberg. The trio will exec produce with Original Film's Neal H. Moritz (Prison Break), Ori Marmur (Preacher), Pavun Shetty (New Girl) and James Weaver of Rogen and Goldberg's Point Grey Pictures. Comic author Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson are on board as co-executive producers. The Boys marks a reunion for the Preacher team of Rogen, Goldberg, Moritz and Ennis. Sony Pictures Television Studios, also home to Rogen's AMC comic book adaptation Preacher and his Hulu comedy Future Man, will co-produce with Amazon.

Urban's credits include playing Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy in Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness as well as Eomer in the second and third Lord of the Rings features. He most recently was seen in Star Trek Beyond and Pete's Dragon.

Karl Urban Lands Starring Role in Amazon Studios' Superhero Drama Series 'The Boys'

Brian K. Vaughan's Y: THE LAST MAN Moving Forward at FX with Pilot Order

umqIFi2.jpg

More than a year after tapping Michael Green as showrunner and nearly three years after landing at FX, the basic cable network is moving full steam ahead with its adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan's beloved comic book series Y: The Last Man.

FX on Thursday announced that it has handed out a formal pilot order and enlisted Aida Mashaka Croal (Jessica Jones, Turn) to serve as co-showrunner alongside Green, with Melina Matsoukas (Insecure, Master of None, Beyonce: Formation) on board to direct the highly anticipated drama.

Y: The Last Man ranks as one of the most critically acclaimed comic book series of all time. The DC Comics/Vertigo title was first launched in 2002 and revolves around Yorick Brown — the last surviving human with a Y chromosome — and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand. The series follows escape artist Yorick after a mysterious plague as he sets out to find what might have wiped out the male chromosome. The series, written and created by Vaughan and artist Pia Guerra, ran for 60 issues and has been collected in multiple graphic novels. Here's FX's formal description of the potential series: "All of the men are dead. But one. Y traverses a world of women — exploring gender, race, class and survival."

Green and Croal will co-showrun and exec produce alongside Matsoukas, Color Force's Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson (FX's American Crime Story and Pose), and Vaughan. The team has been working for months on the script, with FX pulling the trigger on the pilot order.

It's been a long and twisty path to the screen for Y: The Last Man. FX put the adaptation in development in late 2015 after Vaughan reacquired the rights to his franchise following a lengthy waiting period after New Line scrapped plans to convert the comic book to a feature film. New Line — a corporate sibling to publisher Vertigo — acquired the film rights to the series in 2007 and set David Goyer, Carl Ellsworth and director D.J. Caruso to adapt. The latter wound up walking away from the project after the studio didn't want to produce the saga as a three-film franchise but rather a two-hour stand-alone feature.

In March 2012, Jericho's Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia were in final negotiations to take on the property with J.C. Spink, Chris Bender and Goyer producing, and Mason Novick and Jake Weiner set as executive producers. The latter fell apart in September 2014 when Vaughan announced that the rights were in the process of reverting back to him and the movie was dead. "We wanted to tell a complete story … but not the whole story," Vaughan said at the time, noting that he had hoped that "in success, we could get tell the rest of our serialized adventure."

FX's Y marks Vaughan's latest TV foray after Hulu's take on his beloved Marvel comic Runaways and CBS' Under the Dome (which he developed for Showtime and ultimately departed following its freshman season on CBS) and Lost. He's currently writing Image Comics' critical hit Saga.

Green most recently made headlines after he and co-showrunner Bryan Fuller parted ways with Starz and producers Fremantle Media on season two of American Gods, an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's beloved book.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/y-last-man-moving-forward-at-fx-pilot-order-1100179

As I am not from the US, could someone please give me an idea of how loaded Daniel is implied to be by that ad?

Would someone who owns 4 luxury car dealerships in the San Fernando Valley area be considered well-off or proper rich?

The average size car dealership even outside of California would be around 3 to 5 million dollars. So have 4 luxury car dealerships in California would likely be worth somewhere in the 15 to 40 million dollar range I would imagine? Car dealership especially if your a licensed car dealership with a major brand like Mercedes or Audi your talking millions of millions of dollars. So yeah Daniel is very well off.

THE MAGICIANS season 3 finale didn't live up to expectations. Felt the last few minutes were rushed and there was no satisfying payoff. But the journey getting there was superbly entertaining. Season 3 as a whole is still one of the best TV shows I've seen this year. Highly recommended.

I'm hooked on Gotham.

It's a fucking Trainwreck of a show but the actors all seem to be having fun and that makes it fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back