Sabas SS bubbling

Doubt it. Quality was not very good a few years ago...
Do you think the gloves are actually made in Mexico? Someone on here the other day mentioned that he’d only seen that bubbling problem before on IMF style gloves from Pakistan, and that it made him wonder if the gloves were really made in Mexico.

Do you think the gloves are actually made in Mexico? Someone on here the other day mentioned that he’d only seen that bubbling problem before on IMF style gloves from Pakistan, and that it made him wonder if the gloves were really made in Mexico.
Made in Mexico could mean any number of things. At the very least their Prime gloves must be made in Mexico. I’m not sure about the others. Padding might come from elsewhere. Not sure. The folks at Sabas don’t say a lot about their gloves.

My original Sabas triple cuffs had the same liner issue and that was the original model. Padding was really bad and the plastic bag was there, too.

Made in Mexico could mean any number of things. At the very least their Prime gloves must be made in Mexico. I’m not sure about the others. Padding might come from elsewhere. Not sure. The folks at Sabas don’t say a lot about their gloves.

My original Sabas triple cuffs had the same liner issue and that was the original model. Padding was really bad and the plastic bag was there, too.
Yeah, I was thinking the same sort of thing. It could be a situation where all the major components come from Pakistan and then are just assembled in Mexico. I have used a lot of Mexican brands before and they all seem to have much better durability than Sabas.

my custom pro series has the excess liner and bubbling foam issues. My original intent was to use them for sparring. I have been breaking them in and using them as my primary glove until my Classics come in, which I will use for bag and mitt work. Just sparring use they should last a while, relatively speaking.

I will not buy Sabas gloves again based on my experiences with them. My first was a broken thumb stopper on a pair of pro series I bought in November, happened within a few sessions, then the replacement glove I was sent had missing paint on it and I was told "its part of the handmade nature". I gave them another chance with the pro series customs I bought, but for the all in price of $217 (metallic and embroidery) its nowhere near worth it for what I paid.

What's up, I got an issue with my Sabas SS 16oz gloves. Had them about 6 months, bought Oct or Nov 2017. Sparring gloves, so all I've done is break them in on the bag a bit, and sparred a couple rounds.

Right hand glove is bubbling under the leather all over, black leather so it's harder to see, but wtf is up with this? Is it plastic covering the foam bunching up under the leather, Is the plastic layer ripped in there? And damn, 6 months in and my glove is all full of lumps, disappointing.
iframe>

20180327_103522.jpg

20180327_103637.jpg

where is it made

Last edited:
isnt sabas made in pakistan or am I confusing them with another brand? everything from pakistan is shit.
Topboxer are from Pakistan and they're great quality.... Ring to Cage is made in Pakistan and they have great quality.

Wow thats funny becuase ring to cage always looked like over priced shit to me, and surprise its from pakistan. I used to want to be fair and give the pakis a chance, I did, and am now thoroughly convinced anything from pakistan is shit. I will never buy anything from pakistan, even if it is supposed to be "good".
This is a bit harsh.

But I am inclined to agree with the sentiment. I try to avoid Pakistan made stuff based upon past experience. But there is some good stuff here and there.

This is a bit harsh.

But I am inclined to agree with the sentiment. I try to avoid Pakistan made stuff based upon past experience. But there is some good stuff here and there.

anyone know where RDX is from? They have a few good products, but the majority of their product line is cheapy crap like everlast.

This is a bit harsh.

Yeah, I definitely think it’s a mistake to lump all Pakistan-made boxing gear together. As mentioned above, TopBoxer is great, and I hear UMA is top notch quality as well. And of course Ring To Cage makes good products at affordable prices too. There is plenty of junk coming out of Pakistan, sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s all bad.

anyone know where RDX is from? They have a few good products, but the majority of their product line is cheapy crap like everlast.
They are based out of Lancashire, England, and their products (their gloves at least; not sure about everything else) are made in Pakistan.

They are based out of Lancashire, England, and their products (their gloves at least; not sure about everything else) are made in Pakistan.

I knew the company was UK based and look like i guessed right about where the products are made.

these pads are horrible

thai_pads_blue_2.jpg

i have these pads and they are not bad. maybe 7/10

51fgibrFdGL.jpg

Yeah, I definitely think it’s a mistake to lump all Pakistan-made boxing gear together. As mentioned above, TopBoxer is great, and I hear UMA is top notch quality as well. And of course Ring To Cage makes good products at affordable prices too. There is plenty of junk coming out of Pakistan, sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s all bad.
You are more generous in your consideration of these brands than I.

You are more generous in your consideration of these brands than I.
I’m also factoring in that these brands are relatively affordable compared to a lot of higher end brands. So I am looking at it more from a value perspective than a head-to-head comparison to more expensive brands.

Wow thats funny becuase ring to cage always looked like over priced shit to me, and surprise its from pakistan. I used to want to be fair and give the pakis a chance, I did, and am now thoroughly convinced anything from pakistan is shit. I will never buy anything from pakistan, even if it is supposed to be "good".

If you've never tried it then you don't have an actual opinion do you. Just your biased thoughts. Ring to Cage make good quality gear that can be a bit expensive. Topboxer makes great gear at good prices. The majority of Pakistani gear is mostly mass produced garbage but you can't lump in solid brands with the shit stuff if you've never tried it.
You then say RDX make some good stuff? I've used plenty of RDX stuff and it all garbage, it's like the "Sting" of the UK.

My Ring to Cage C17 are still holding up after 2 years. Still my favorite glove that I have.

I have not tried Ring to cage personally, so i dont know you are correct about that. Have you tried it?

I've got a review up in the review section of my R2C Facesaver headguard. Its gotten pretty much 12 rounds of sparring 2 times a week since I did the review (minus the 3 months my hand took to heal from an injury) I've never tried their gloves but the quality of the heaguard was great. I've got a pair of Topboxer gloves and they're great but I'll need a month or two before I finish my review to see how they hold up at which point I'll post the review.

The majority of Pakistani companies are just half assed winning/grant/cleto clones and are barely on the quality of shitty everlasts or RDX or Sting. If I had to rate the brands I've used it'd go
1. Fairtex
2. Cleto Reyes
3. Topboxer
4. Ring to Cage
5. Twins
5. Topking
6. Sting

I've never used Grant or Winnings as I'm not a millionaire. Winnings will be my next purchase and Grant will probably never happen unless I go pro.

Yeah I think a huge reason why alot of companies can get away with making cheap stuff, is their target market isnt athletes, its your average joe. So for the weekend warrior, alot of the cheapy stuff works just fine. Than they just have a famous pro wear it to promote it. Plus have some cool design on the gloves and bingo. A friend of mine has been sponsored by RDX as well.

Is your friend Amir?

I've got a review up in the review section of my R2C Facesaver headguard. Its gotten pretty much 12 rounds of sparring 2 times a week since I did the review (minus the 3 months my hand took to heal from an injury) I've never tried their gloves but the quality of the heaguard was great. I've got a pair of Topboxer gloves and they're great but I'll need a month or two before I finish my review to see how they hold up at which point I'll post the review.

The majority of Pakistani companies are just half assed winning/grant/cleto clones and are barely on the quality of shitty everlasts or RDX or Sting. If I had to rate the brands I've used it'd go
1. Fairtex
2. Cleto Reyes
3. Topboxer
4. Ring to Cage
5. Twins
5. Topking
6. Sting

I've never used Grant or Winnings as I'm not a millionaire. Winnings will be my next purchase and Grant will probably never happen unless I go pro.
Maybe I should try Fairtex if you’ve got it ranked that highly. What equipment of theirs have you used?

Back