Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl Urban Lands the Starring Role in Amazon's Superhero Drama THE BOYS

0sLhUU2.jpg

Karl Urban is returning to the small screen. The Star Trek and Lord of the Rings actor has landed the starring role in Amazon Studios' straight-to-series superhero drama The Boys.

The Boys takes places in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame, and centers on a group of vigilantes known informally as "the boys" who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty.

Urban, whose last series regular role was in Fox's short-lived sci-fi drama Almost Human, will play Billy Butcher, who is described as mysterious and brutal with a personal but secret agenda. He approaches Hughie (Jack Quaid), claiming to be a shadowy government operative. Butcher capitalizes on Hughie's rage over his girlfriend Robin’s (uncast) accidental death at the hands of Superhero A-Train (Jessie T. Usher) and enlists Hughie as part of his plan to bring down the superhero system. Karen Fukuhara, Erin Moriarty, Antony Starr, Dominique McElligott, Chace Crawford and Nathan Mitchell co-star.

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke will serve as creator and showrunner on The Boys, which will be directed by Seth Rogen and his longtime producing partner Evan Goldberg. The trio will exec produce with Original Film's Neal H. Moritz (Prison Break), Ori Marmur (Preacher), Pavun Shetty (New Girl) and James Weaver of Rogen and Goldberg's Point Grey Pictures. Comic author Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson are on board as co-executive producers. The Boys marks a reunion for the Preacher team of Rogen, Goldberg, Moritz and Ennis. Sony Pictures Television Studios, also home to Rogen's AMC comic book adaptation Preacher and his Hulu comedy Future Man, will co-produce with Amazon.

Urban's credits include playing Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy in Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness as well as Eomer in the second and third Lord of the Rings features. He most recently was seen in Star Trek Beyond and Pete's Dragon.

Karl Urban Lands Starring Role in Amazon Studios' Superhero Drama Series 'The Boys'
<GinJuice>

One of my favorite actors lands the lead role in an adaptation for one of my favorite comics?

THE MAGICIANS season 3 finale didn't live up to expectations. Felt the last few minutes were rushed and there was no satisfying payoff. But the journey getting there was superbly entertaining. Season 3 as a whole is still one of the best TV shows I've seen this year. Highly recommended.

I came here to say how awesome the finale was, but my expectations were probably much lower than yours.

I'm not that connected to the show and yet this episode managed to hit my feels several times.

I'm really looking forward to next season.

I'm hooked on Gotham.

It's a fucking Trainwreck of a show but the actors all seem to be having fun and that makes it fun to watch
Same. I'm still watching Gotham. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. The plot moves very fast (which I like) and the rogues gallery are very entertaining. It's still laughable at how every villain that dies is resurrected, but I understand why they're doing it.

I HATED that they inserted lil' Bruce Wayne and his "adventures" during the first 2 seasons but I've gradually resigned and accepted that stupid premise. Now that Bruce is of proper height and kicking ass, I'm kinda' digging it.

a.k.a. Space Gotham. I can't seem to finish the first episode.

I think it gets better in the next 2 episodes. There were definitely some cringe moments in episode 1.
BUT I think comparing it to Gotham is unfair. The thing i don't like about Gotham is that it's just a giant tease. Who cares about a Gotham where Batman is 12? I don't find the "world" of Gotham interesting enough to have a whole show about it
And because Batman and his characters are so well known, i just cant get into this show's version of events

Krypton on the other hand is a show about something we don't know about, with characters and a world we don't know about.
When I watched 'Man of Steel' for the first time, I was immediately interested in Krypton and thought it would be interesting to explore that world. I think the show is doing a good job of setting up this alien society, and there are some really solid actors in it as well

I'm really enjoying Barry.

It's a slightly lighter flavour of Patriot, without the depression.

I'm still pretty crushed that nobody got into Patriot. That show completely blew me away.

Haven't heard of Patriot, but im intrigued by the trailer. I'll give it a go

The disastrous life of Saiki K. This show is on Netflix and it's crazy entertaining and funny. It was a random show I just started watching and I loved it. I highly recommend it to anyone that loves off the wall shows and anime.

The BBC have a show about this wildlife guy who has been raising big cats in his house. It's adorable.

Somewhat big announcement potentially about AOS.

I'm four episodes in and it's pretty good so far. Parker Posey's character is so hate-able.

I was expecting the show to be just about the family + Posey and that they would be travelling to different worlds every couple of episodes. But after seeing the other dozens of survivors, it's starting to feel like they're going with the small community sci-fi route and they're going to be stuck on that planet for a long time. I still prefer my expectations over the reality.

Couldn't finish Conan in Italy special. I love Conan but don't like this side of him, the bully, offensive side. Initially, his interactions with his associate producer Jordan Schlansky was amusing but over the years I just found it to be mean-spirited (even though it's all just an act). Conan acting like a jackass towards the people in Italy. Would love to see him try that during his Haiti TV special.

NBC to Revive THE OFFICE for Another Season; Steve Carell Will Not Return

ioowbUL.jpg

Hot on the success of the return of Will & Grace, NBC is looking to revive another of its beloved comedies: The Office.

Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that the network is looking to bring back the former Steve Carell starrer for another season. Carell, however, will not return. A search is underway to find a new star to take over as the show's Michael Scott-like regional manager of paper supply company Dunder Mifflin. NBC and producers Universal Television declined comment. TV Line was first to report the news.

Sources told THR in August that The Office may be revived with a new cast and creator Greg Daniels attached. At the time, NBC and producers Universal Television said those rumors were not true. That speculation has now grown more real as the network is said to be in talks for a revival.

The Office ran for nine seasons on NBC as part of the network's Thursday comedy brand. The show — which made stars out of Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Mindy Kaling, among others — was an awards-season staple, taking home multiple Emmys, Golden Globes and other top prizes. Carell exited after season seven, with The Office continuing on for two additional cycles before the star returned for the series finale in 2013.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/office-revival-works-at-nbc-1069099

c7bt245.gif

26k5yc.jpg

It's just not the office without Steve.

Tried out a new show called Alex, Inc. Is this why I haven't seen Zach Braff in a while? Because I get it now...

Gotdam! 2nd episode of THE EXPANSE season 3 was awesome. That chase was just exemplary
and the Contorta coming to the rescue was so sweet. So excited to see Draper & Chrisjen finally meeting up with Holden and crew.

It was so cool to see another scene where we see real-life physics scenario when those loose tools became a hazard when the ship is flying at high speed and turning topsy-turvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back