Firearms News thread

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-380-shield-ez-0
180023_01_lg.jpg

I think they meant this one for April...

Pros:
that two-piece trigger isn't on it
reversible mag release

Cons:
everything else

{<doc}
<Huh2>
<{clintugh}>
<JagsKiddingMe>

fire.gif

1911s have always had them, but it's also a 100+ year old design. I like 1911s but they can stay on the range.

Unless it's a 1911. I've never seen a 1911 without one and 1911s are the shit.

Come at me.

M14 was also significantly worse than its contemporaries in pretty much every regard except the only one that matters: NOSTALGIA!!11wtfbbq
between the other battle rifles running around (FN FAL, G3, AR-10) the only markedly superior thing about the M14 was probably its target style sights. relative accuracy for infantry variants was most identical with the AR-10 being the better, and god knows the AR and the FAL handled recoil better.

I liked my M1A when I competed with it, 1990-1994 It was a great gun for transitioning to a Boltgun.

In 4 years time, 5-6 days a week I dried fired mine 104,000+ times*.

It was very helpful practice.

#Moronmath

Last edited:

For 4 years I was actually dedicated. Didn't have the money for a lot of practice ammo back then so I made up the lack thereof with dry-firing, visualization, blah blah etc... M1A was the best gun for dry firing. That's one thing I miss about not having one anymore.

I think that's right, right?

100 Dry fires, (one match worth)

5 days a week, (Sometimes more but on average 5 days a week)

52 weeks a year

208 weeks over 4 years.

Yeah, Wait Fuck, that's not right goddamnit

Its 104,000 Not counting the days I did 200 and the added days, so whatever that is.

Fuck I never was any good and math and not much has changed it seems.

My Bad. I don't try to be a dumbass, sometimes it just happens.

Fix that shit.

Anyway I dry-fired enough to get pretty good. Win some matches, had some moments, whipped some ass.

Then I bought a motorcycle and that was way more fun and didn't feel so much like work.

Last edited:
Wonder which gun this was. I'd hate to be the manufacturer. Of course the Sig P320 comes to mind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mom-accidentally-kills-2-old-134657311.html

"The safety was on when I dropped the gun and the bullet shot her," the mother said in a 911 call, obtained by WEWS-TV. "The gun dropped, I dropped my gun. She's gone. My baby's gone. She's not breathing at all. She's gone."

Of course I'm taking the story at face value and it could be she's not telling the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back