Has anyone seen the horror movie "Hellraiser: Judgement"(2018)?

I would rate the first three Hellraiser movies....

Hellraiser 1 - 7.8/10 Classic.

Hellraiser 2 - 8.5/10 The Best!

Hellraiser 3 - 5.5/10 The beginning of a downward spiral.

Hellraiser II only has a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. Looks like it sucks. Hellraiser 1 must be even worse then?

Hellraiser II only has a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. Looks like it sucks. Hellraiser 1 must be even worse then?

If you just get all your opinions from reviews, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff. The main problem with HR2 is the special effects weren't up to what the movie was trying to do.

I'll take a movie being too ambitious and only partially succeeding, over having nothing interesting to say in the first place.

I’ve never seen any of them. Is there any benefit to watching them in sequence?

The first two are good watch even in modern times, imo. The next 6 or 7 are only watchable if you are a big fan of the franchise.

It's sort of like another franchise in the same era, Tremors. First was pretty good, the rest are soooo bad but you will still watch them whenever you hear of new releases just because of nostalgic factor.

If you're a fan of the series then you will see it no matter what, if you have only seen 1 or 2 don't even bother.

Yep, this is exactly my view as well. People that haven't been able to sit through the latter films will find this latest installment to be total horseshit.

Watched it several times. It has it's moments. The Assessor has some great dialog. Pinhead has his moments, too, but some of his dialog is kinda... wtf?

Watched it, nothing to really talk about. If you have nothing else to watch throw it on but don't go in with your hopes up.

I revisited Hellraiser and the 2nd one last Halloween. Wrote a review in the horror thread.

1st one is boring as shit and the 2nd is cheesy. Overrated series at this point.

The first one did look badly dated so i would be fine, no, asking for a remake.

Maybe you guys rating the 1st 2 movies are thinking of Phantasm?

I revisited Hellraiser and the 2nd one last Halloween. Wrote a review in the horror thread.

1st one is boring as shit and the 2nd is cheesy. Overrated series at this point.

The first one did look badly dated so i would be fine, no, asking for a remake.

Maybe you guys rating the 1st 2 movies are thinking of Phantasm?

BOOOYYYYYYYY...

I'm a big Hellraiser fan, but totally agree with the 2nd being cheesy. At times anyaway

I like the 1st Hellraiser a lot. I liked how the scenery is kind of dreary and dark even when they are eating a meal at a restaurant. I also like Andrew Robinson's character a lot. I thought he was the most likeable character in the series.

I tried watching this but it was so boring. The effed up naked chicks were pretty hot, but everything else was pretty blah.

It's slightly better than the previous 3 or 4 installments.
Less gore, more disgusting vibe to it. Introduced new characters that might be recurring, that could be sort of interesting for fans of the franchise.

Storyline is still lukewarm.

EDIT:
Forgot to add this.
If first 3 films were 7/10 with the others being 3/10 on average. This is probably 4/10.

I just watched this movie and I agree with you. Hellraiser Judgement is better than the last 3 or 4 Hellraiser movies but it was nowhere close to the first two movies Hellraiser movies.

Hellraiser 1 is great. 2 is good up until the end where it seems like they just rushed it. Movie falls apart. Anyway the less said about the other movies,the better. Pinhead,and the guy playing him is always pretty cool,but he cant save a shitty movie from being shitty.

Man.... Hellraiser. LOL!

I stopped keeping up with these after they introduced a demonic DJ guy who launched CDs out of his head.

Man.... Hellraiser. LOL!

I stopped keeping up with these after they introduced a demonic DJ guy who launched CDs out of his head.

Yeah... that was Hellraiser 3. I think a lot of fans lots interest in the Hellraiser series after part 3. LOL

Yeah... that was Hellraiser 3. I think a lot of fans lots interest in the Hellraiser series after part 3. LOL
Hellraiser 3 sucked donkey dick but pinheads best lines come from that movie

If you liked the original, or are familiar with Barkers story, this really isn't even a sequel. It's just random shit. It isn't the worst horror movie made this year, but, that is the best I can say about it.

Back