Best martial arts movies

NOT a movie . Its a TV Show about mma called Kingdom. You should all go check it out. It's pretty fucking good. Like REALLY good. Some fighters actually do some cameos in there aswell

The show was even talked about in an episode of looking for a fight (timestamped)

Last edited:
Game of Death II A.K.A. Tower of Death (Bruceploitation classic) is a must see as well. So many wtf moments it will make your head spin.

"anything with Drunken or Monkey in the title". lol. Accurate and hilarious.

My favorite kung fu film is Hero with Jet Li.

51R8DBbLZFL._SY445_.jpg
It was Zhang Yimou's answer to Ang Lee's American styled Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. A Chinese film, that was accessible to outsiders, but never compromised being Chinese to attract a foreign audience. Its cool that one of the world's greatest filmmakers does Martial Arts films. I think his follow up to this was arguably just as brilliant.

It was Zhang Yimou's answer to Ang Lee's American styled Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. A Chinese film, that was accessible to outsiders, but never compromised being Chinese to attract a foreign audience. Its cool that one of the world's greatest filmmakers does Martial Arts films. I think his follow up to this was arguably just as brilliant.
I liked it better than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. What was his follow up that you are calling just as brilliant?

70s - Anything Bruce lee and Shaw Shaw Brothers "36 Chamber of Shaolin" is a must!!

80s to 90s - Jackie Chan, Van Damme, Best of the Best 1 &2, No Retreat No Surrender 3, Only The Strong

2000s - SPL, Ong Bak 1&2, The Protector

2010s - The Raid 1&2, Undisputed 2-4, Ninja 1&2, Skin Trade

All Bruce Lee movies:

Enter the Dragon
Way of the Dragon
Fist of Fury (The Big Boss)
Chinese Connection
Game of Death

IP man
Iron Monkey
The Raid 1 and 2
Ong Bak
Drunken Master 2
Snake and Crane of Shaolin
The Last Dragon ( Sho'Nuff)
American Ninja
Rage and Honor
Ring of Fire 2: Blood and Steel

Gymkata is one of the cheesiest, cornball martial arts movie ever made but I will watch it anytime it comes on.

"The Champ" might have been the first movie that made me cry as a child. Those last scenes were very tough to watch.

The Hurricane was great as well.

That hurricane dude was a freak....I never
I disagree, I may be more non traditional but I feel both boxing, and wrestling could be considered martial arts. Both are systems of combat. That’s not to mention their both possibly the most effective forms of self defense. Why do you say they are not?

I guess cause I grew up on bruce lee movies and all the kung foo movies...so to me, martial arts was all that....and I'm amazed not more people are putting bruce lee movies as their favorite.

Enter The Dragon
American Ninja
Bloodsport
Enter The Ninja
Above The Law

FEARLESS with Jet Li. Saw it randomly one day and it's been a favorite ever since. I wonder if kiss if the dragon holds up...

For something funny try Kung Pao Enter the Fist or better yet Kung Fu Hustle.

Enter The Dragon
American Ninja
Bloodsport
Enter The Ninja
Above The Law

People give Seagal tons of crap nowadays, but back in the day, he had some good, action packed movies...his style was very different than other martial artists...but under seige, hard to kill, above the law, all good movies.

Bloodsport
Karate Kid
Enter the Dragon
Police Story
Once Upon a Time in China

for my wuxia brethren.. wind and cloud.
also the street fighter series with sonny chiba is my shit old school martial arts flickery at its best.
Fighter in the wind is a fun movie even though the telling of Obayams life seems questionable at best.

Six pages and no Perfect Weapon mentions?

Son I am dissapoint.

Back