Art Bell Legendary Radio Host of Coast2Coast dead at 72 R.I.P.

Gangsters_Paradise

Gangster Belt
Banned
Reaction score
“Community Announcement — Long time resident, and radio show host, Art Bell died today at 72 years old in his home in Pahrump Nevada,” the Sheriff’s Department announced on Facebook. “With an estimated 10 million listeners, Bell’s show was at the time of his retirement the most listened-to late-night radio program, and fourth overall,” https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=109935&page=1
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=109935&page=1

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/art-bell-dead-cause-of-death-dies-how/

damn.. Art Bell was awesome sucks we won't be able to hear him live again

fuck, this is bad news man, RIP, coast to coast was one of the best sources of sci-fi entertainment

Was working last night when George Noory broke the news. Shit was super sad, he choked up and was crying on the air about it. Would be horrible to get news like that while doing a national radio show thst your friend founded and having to break it to thr audience.

Damn, I was still kind of hoping that one day he might make a final run on the mic.

RIP Art Bell

Try as he might, George Noory just couldn't fill his shoes.

Dang, remember listening to him at night while doing homework when the skip was good. At the time he was doing it out of his house and it wasn't alien/paranormal shit.

Goddamnit. The world needs more Art Bells, not less of.

Checking in from West of the Rockies. RIP Art Bell, "somewhere in time."

I first found Coast to Coast about 15 years ago when I was a driver for Dominos. I listened to a lot of talk radio and one night I just happened to be working late enough to catch the show. I was kind of stunned that there was a national radio show that was delving into ghosts and UFOs and the like, but I loved it.

At that time Noory had already taken over as the main host, but Art was still hosting on Sundays and would sometimes guest host on other nights.

From what I understand he was ultimately pushed out by the show's management, which is why he initially "retired." The impression I've gotten is that he and Noory have had bad blood between them ever since.

For those who don't know, Art went on to start an Internet-based radio show after his non-compete was up, Midnight in the Desert. His tenure on that show came to a very weird end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, he was awesome. He has a good sense of humor and always made me laugh. I remember a rant he went on one time about vegetarians: "Give me a piece of meat dammit. This country was built on burgers!"

I still listen to old Art Bell shows all the time. R.I.P. this is sad news. I loved how he would listen to people as if he believed them no matter how crazy their stories were. He just let them speak.

Art was great...loved when he hosted C2C...same here...he was guest hosting mostly when I first started listening back in the early 2000's...I do like Noory but have not been able to listen in 8 years or so...ghost to ghost!

RIP. That was such a great show. Makes me sad. I remember listening to him in my younger life when I worked night shifts during my Border Patrol days.

Fuck man... my HS years were spent listening to this dude at night dreading school bullshit the next day....I loved this guy, this is fucked up.

Hopefully our paths will cross in the next life, beyond this temporal plane

Was working last night when George Noory broke the news. Shit was super sad, he choked up and was crying on the air about it. Would be horrible to get news like that while doing a national radio show thst your friend founded and having to break it to thr audience.

Did he start a conspiracy topic about who killed him?

I used to listen when working late just to find out what the crazy people were thinking about. Now it's everywhere.

Did he start a conspiracy topic about who killed him?

I used to listen when working late just to find out what the crazy people were thinking about. Now it's everywhere.

Honestly I felt bad for the guy. Shit was rough. He tried to not break it right away in case it was an internet hoax.

RIP I never actually have heard Coast to Coast except a couple of quick clips, but it seems like the type of thing I could have gotten into big time.

Back