Art Bell Legendary Radio Host of Coast2Coast dead at 72 R.I.P.

Rip Art Bell. I listened to his show many times when I was a teen. I am glad he was so open minded.

RIP I never actually have heard Coast to Coast except a couple of quick clips, but it seems like the type of thing I could have gotten into big time.

Well the show still airs every night . . . just with a far less talented host than Art Bell.

Well the show still airs every night . . . just with a far less talented host than Art Bell.
sheeit there has to be an online archive with the classics like Loveline has. I should look into that when I run out of podcasts next time because Carolla of the past ten years has tainted classic Carolla for me. I’m not some SJW or anything like that, but having him be such a cunt for so long highlights the cuntiness that was already there 1995-2005 but was tolerable because everything was so funny.

sheeit there has to be an online archive with the classics like Loveline has. I should look into that when I run out of podcasts next time because Carolla of the past ten years has tainted classic Carolla for me. I’m not some SJW or anything like that, but having him be such a cunt for so long highlights the cuntiness that was already there 1995-2005 but was tolerable because everything was so funny.

I know there are a lot of old episodes on YouTube, though they just randomly pop-up and disappear because the show actually enforces its copyright pretty vigorously.

Today the show is mostly hosted by George Noory, along with a handful of guest hosts. George isn't terrible, and I actually liked him for a long time, but I eventually realized he's kind of like the Mike Goldberg of radio. That is, he just seems to be on autopilot a lot of the time, giving the same canned responses instead of being actively invested in what's going on.

I know there are a lot of old episodes on YouTube, though they just randomly pop-up and disappear because the show actually enforces its copyright pretty vigorously.

Today the show is mostly hosted by George Noory, along with a handful of guest hosts. George isn't terrible, and I actually liked him for a long time, but I eventually realized he's kind of like the Mike Goldberg of radio. That is, he just seems to be on autopilot a lot of the time, giving the same canned responses instead of being actively invested in what's going on.
Ha Seacrest of the paranormal

Shame, I like coast to coast. decent background listening while I'm working.

Was working last night when George Noory broke the news. Shit was super sad, he choked up and was crying on the air about it. Would be horrible to get news like that while doing a national radio show thst your friend founded and having to break it to thr audience.

First discovered coast to coast YEARS ago. Back when we were teenagers we did a lot of camping. For some reason coast to coast came in crystal clear in the deep NW woods. Always fun getting fucked up around the camp fire listening to aliens and ghosts and shit

Sad I really like the show and it was always better when Art did it

Just listened to the show Saturday I believe. They were putting shows on from 2002 and various years. Now I know why.

Terrible to hear, loved his voice and laughed at some content.

For those not in the know, Heather Wade took over Midnight in the Desert, the show Art started after his non-compete with Coast was up.

Heather_Wade_-_It_is_sadly_true_that_my_Best_Friend_and_Mentor_i.png

Heather_Wade_-_It_is_sadly_true_that_my_Best_Friend_and_Mentor_i.png

I used to listen to him whenever I was up late driving or working on a project and always found it entertaining. RIP my man

R.I.P.

I have an uncle that got me into Art Bell as a teenager. Although I listened to it more with George Noorey(sp?) as host Coast to Coast AM, gave you the chance to hear about things you normally wouldn't find anywhere else at the time. I loved the Ghost to Ghost AM episodes the most.

Back