Do you call out chronic BSers?

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think we all at some point in our lives have met "that guy." That guy that won an ultra marathon his first time ever entering a race. That guy that used to own a sportbike and did a 160mph wheelie for a full minute. That guy that dated a super model who wasnt from around here so no you wouldnt know or and cant meet her. That guy that benched 600 raw but got bored of lifting so thats why he is not muscular now.

I started a new job recently and the main guy I have been hanging out with is "that guy." Now the weird thing is I get along with him pretty well. He is nice to me, even offered me drugs completely unsolicited. Says it'd be cool to hang out outside of work, etc. Hes certainly not going to be my new best friend as hes kind of an idiot, but the point is hes nice to me. The thing though is he is a pathological liar. Hes told me several things that I know simply arent true. Like, factually they cant be true, its not just me refusing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Would you call this guy out? I just simply dont have the heart because hes nice to me. If he was a dick it'd be different.

I work with a guy who has said hes punched through concrete walls and has 3 bookies in new York that he cleaned out.

He also steals comedians jokes as his own which I hate more

I generally don't, but I also avoid them as much as possible.

Sorry too busy banging my model girlfriend in my private jet to read that shitpost.

well, im a very tolerant person but my shit meter is very low, so yes

I called out this one dude that may have been the most arrogant human I've ever met. I said something like "were you born omnicient or did you spend your life becoming this intelligent?" (Now it sounds like I'm bullshitting jesus christ.) But he was constantly correcting people, starting with the most condescending "actually...blah blah blah." You'd think the guy was a surgeon/stunt man/lead guitarist/wall street wiz/poet/pussy magnet the way he talked about himself. Real piece of shit.

well, im a very tolerant person but my shit meter is very low, so yes

0mw1I8e.gif

If they are crazy nope, i rarely do that most peoplee do not call someone out to their face, it would be anti social, i just ignore them or let them tell their stories.

There was a guy in my acting class back in the day who claimed he got an email to audition to play batman instead of christian bale, this guy was weird, i avoided conversing with him, just acted cordial but i knew this guy would be the type to kill someone and claim accident.

There has to be some type of mental illness there, ive seen several people like this before

If you ever watch esnews there is a guy called sampson a homeless guy He is funny who claims he was the founder of the crips and the bloods and he is related to oprah and obama and nicky barnes is his dad or some shit, he tells so many stories but he makes it sound believable but you know he is crazy

Depends on who the guy is, and how big the tall tale is.
Calling out people on lies, especially in a group setting can backfire and make you look like a douche..even though you're in the right.
And I don't like to create unnecessary awkwardness--and that would just make unnecessary awkwardness.

I have a friend that "misremembers" things quite frequently. He'll be telling a story that he was present for, but he will put himself in the action role, or cool part of the story..even when he was just a bystander, or I, or another friend were the ones who actually said or did something.
I usually don't call him out because he's telling this story to a group of new people at a bar or something, but if it's in a small group of good friends, I'll call him out.
had to do it the other night actually.

I just shake my head and say that’s cool man.
UniformUnawareGnatcatcher-max-1mb.gif

The more threads you make... the more I'm convinced that you are going to die from an overdose.

Yeah I know this guy who made an outrageous bullshit thread talking about this guy who tells bullshit stories. He wanted to know if I knew anyone who told big whoppers.

<bball1>

The more threads you make... the more I'm convinced that you are going to die from an overdose.
wtf? I'm clean now dude. Havent touched shit other than booze since my last major OD. Thats why I polite declined his offer of free drugs. Old me would have immediately hit this dude up outside of work.

Back