New rule for GOAT status

Butthurt logic.
All haters must be fat.

All haters have some unaddressed self-esteem issues.

Normally the people they hate on are successful in some way that they don’t like. The hater then casts his or her own failures in real life as a kind of success in their own tragic make-believe little worlds.

My guess is that big men who are athletic, who get pussy, and who are otherwise successful wouldn’t have any reason to hate on smaller men who are successful.

All haters are bitching because they feel that they are missing something—they need to have one thing that they feel they can hold on to that makes them feel that they somehow better than someone else. They always pick something that seems like a clear advantage, because that takes the least amount of effort. You can generally figure out what they think their advantage is, based on the stupid shit they bitch about.

Fat Sherdoggers bitch about “manlets” because these poor retards really believe that that’s where they have a clear advantage. Since they’re clearly not getting the satisfaction they want out of life, and they don’t have anything else to brag about, they brag about their size.

If they had anything more than their “weight class” to brag about, then they’d probably brag about that instead of being so fixated on other men’s size.

If they had anything else going for themselves, at the very least they’d have more interesting things to talk about than their totally irrelevant opinions about smaller fighters.

Last edited:
Yeah, weight is a force. Mass is not. Never seen anyone use Newtons to measure mass, or weight for that matter. Any time people use metric, they use grams/kilos. Of course you could derive mass from weight, but doing it with Newtons requires a unit conversion, unlike if you measured weight with lbf or kgf. So, no, Newtons don't measure mass.

I do not have a degree in physics. I do work in a nuclear power plant. Some small amount of knowledge of physics Is mandatory.
welp, u said it urself.

i just found it odd u would dispute something like that when u knew the full details..

But 2/10 for at least trying to sound smart.
0/10 for not understanding a joke.

Newtons are the unit of measurement for weight.

Kilograms are the unit of measurement for mass.
it was a joke.. im guessing u even KNEW that mass/weight/force are even interchangeable throughout the world.. or did u have to google all this??

most people use kilograms to measure weight, even though it is a measurement of mass. its accepted

AND

i its not like i didnt write mass AND weight..

terrible, terrible... i know what i wrote, pal. thanks for trying.

Agreed also, tapping to strikes takes you out of contention immediately.

If you consent to these amendments, I’d be willing to move forward to a vote.

If you agree that tapping to anything takes you out I'm with you. Chokes and locks are both less dangerous than head strikes once already concussed according to doctors (who want to ban boxing and MMA but not BJJ or judo), so tapping to them is worse than tapping to strikes.

u a physicist?

just curious

newtons measure force, yea? force is... mass x acceleration. maybe they dont measure mass directly, to say they never measure mass EVER is just not telling the whole truth.

its like saying inches dont measure area... square inches do..

im gonna give u the benefit of the doubt and guess u know what u are talking about... why would u go out ur way to say something like that when u knew the information i typed out?

Actually the best you can do is say that Newtons are an indication of mass under some circumstances. Setting aside that F=ma isn't strictly true (its actually F=dp/dt, which becomes important at relativistic speeds), it turns out that gravitational mass is the same as inertial mass (why that is true is the point of General Relativity), and acceleration plays no part in that.

Beyond that, the dimensions of Newtons are mass*length/time^2; you'll note that mass is part of that, but not the whole thing. No scientist (especially not a physicist) is going to say mass and force are equivalent. Or put it this way; there's conservation of mass/energy, there's no conservation of force. If you're interested in this sort of thing, I'd strongly recommend Susskind's "The Theoretical Minimum", very readable if you have a bit of calculus, and you'll see why these distinctions are important.

welp, u said it urself.

i just found it odd u would dispute something like that when u knew the full details..

It just hurt my brain to see "measure mass in Newtons". My training program was notoriously stringent and nit-picky about using exact verbage in an effort to teach us verbatim procedural compliance. I've been indoctrinated.

Actually the best you can do is say that Newtons are an indication of mass under some circumstances. Setting aside that F=ma isn't strictly true (its actually F=dp/dt, which becomes important at relativistic speeds), it turns out that gravitational mass is the same as inertial mass (why that is true is the point of General Relativity), and acceleration plays no part in that.

Beyond that, the dimensions of Newtons are mass*length/time^2; you'll note that mass is part of that, but not the whole thing. No scientist (especially not a physicist) is going to say mass and force are equivalent. Or put it this way; there's conservation of mass/energy, there's no conservation of force. If you're interested in this sort of thing, I'd strongly recommend Susskind's "The Theoretical Minimum", very readable if you have a bit of calculus, and you'll see why these distinctions are important.
To be fair, he was making a joke and probably wasn't talking about nuclear physics, astrophysics, or objects near the speed of light. On Earth, it's easy to derive mass from weight, which was obviously what he was getting at.

As someone who has done a little physics, it hurt my brain to see the equivalation made as well.

MM can’t beat a normal size human being, unless they’re like handicapped or some shit.
I disagree. I bet khabib could fuck up tons of normal guys who weigh 220 lbs. Why wouldn't mm be able to beat down a regular dude. Say 5'10" 170?

I disagree. I bet khabib could fuck up tons of normal guys who weigh 220 lbs. Why wouldn't mm be able to beat down a regular dude. Say 5'10" 170?
Nah man, this isn’t some karate movie where size doesn’t matter. If MM ever saw me in the street, he would get his shit pushed in.

To be fair, he was making a joke and probably wasn't talking about nuclear physics, astrophysics, or objects near the speed of light. On Earth, it's easy to derive mass from weight, which was obviously what he was getting at.

As someone who has done a little physics, it hurt my brain to see the equivalation made as well.

I agree he was making a joke, but then he went into a physics explanation which suggested he was interested in physics. Which is a good thing.

Back