Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozko

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23185759/weather-postpones-mlb-games-sunday

Fuck this 3rd Winter

Weather forces six Sunday games to be postponed, including Shohei Ohtani's start

The Los Angeles Angels' game against the Royals, in which Japanese star Shohei Ohtani was scheduled to pitch in Kansas City, was the latest to be postponed Sunday because of cold temperatures.

The game will be made up on June 25 in Kansas City.

"Just the simple fact that I was going to be pitching in cold weather, that was a little worrisome for me,'' Ohtani said through an interpreter. "Also, I was worried my fingertips might lose the feel for the ball. That was one of the things I was worried [about].''

After a day off Monday, Ohtani will start Tuesday against the Boston Red Sox as the Angels open a six-game homestand in Anaheim.

The Angels-Royals game was the sixth game postponed Sunday by weather. The last time six MLB games were postponed was Sept. 12, 2008.

Monday's Red Sox game against the Baltimore Orioles in Boston also was postponed, it was announced Sunday, with the forecast calling for long periods of rain. This is the first time a Patriots Day game has been postponed since 1984. That game has been rescheduled for May 17.

A split doubleheader in Detroit between the New York Yankees and Tigers, along with a game in Cleveland between the Indians and Toronto Blue Jays and a game in Chicago between the Cubs and Atlanta Braves all were postponed Sunday afternoon.

The Tigers announced the games will be rescheduled as a split doubleheader on June 4, with the first game beginning at 1:10 p.m. ET and the second beginning at 7:10.

Sunday's Yankees-Tigers doubleheader had been scheduled because of a Saturday rainout.

The Blue Jays-Indians game has been rescheduled as part of a doubleheader on May 3. The Blue Jays and Indians also had Saturday's game postponed.

The Cubs-Braves game will be played May 14.

The Chicago White Sox-Minnesota Twins game was postponed late Saturday night because of heavy snow in the Twin Cities.

The game between the Cardinals and Reds, which was scheduled for a 1:10 p.m. ET start, was delayed by rain and started at 3:45 p.m ET.

Edit title to "GOATani arrives edition" mods

I pulled into the gate at 12:55 with my bird and we got turned away.

Wanted to see Ohtani pitch...kind of rustled.

I pulled into the gate at 12:55 with my bird and we got turned away.

Wanted to see Ohtani pitch...kind of rustled.
At least you aren't these cans

30703861_1844435205606919_1517577246083121152_o.jpg

This Lucchesi kid is the real deal. Also, Padres on a 3 game win streak...wooo! Just needed to play SF to string some wins together.

This Lucchesi kid is the real deal. Also, Padres on a 3 game win streak...wooo! Just needed to play SF to string some wins together.

He's never pitched above AA until call up. Hitters will figure him out.

Cards win 4 straight over the Reds. Too bad they’ll can it up against the better teams out there.

Dodgers would’ve won the World Series last year with goatolo.

Lol love big sexy ,but geaux STROS!

Last edited:
Imagine if Bartolo "Big Hunky" Colon were to win a Cy Young at 45. That would be insane!

Woke up early just to watch Shohei Ohtani vs. Royals, but postponed and watched some Before the Bigs featuring Mike Trout.

Doesn’t feel like Patriots Day without the Sox on at 11 AM.

The 10 day disabled list and stadiums without dooms are ruining my fantasy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back