Do you call out chronic BSers?

I generally don't care enough about their bullshit to even acknowledge it.

I think we all at some point in our lives have met "that guy." That guy that won an ultra marathon his first time ever entering a race. That guy that used to own a sportbike and did a 160mph wheelie for a full minute. That guy that dated a super model who wasnt from around here so no you wouldnt know or and cant meet her. That guy that benched 600 raw but got bored of lifting so thats why he is not muscular now.

I started a new job recently and the main guy I have been hanging out with is "that guy." Now the weird thing is I get along with him pretty well. He is nice to me, even offered me drugs completely unsolicited. Says it'd be cool to hang out outside of work, etc. Hes certainly not going to be my new best friend as hes kind of an idiot, but the point is hes nice to me. The thing though is he is a pathological liar. Hes told me several things that I know simply arent true. Like, factually they cant be true, its not just me refusing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Would you call this guy out? I just simply dont have the heart because hes nice to me. If he was a dick it'd be different.

I try not to if possible. I avoid getting too close to people like that as I dont want to hurt their feelings. Once in a while life circumstances have forced me to have long term contact with people like that where I cannot avoid interacting with them.

The reason I do call people out is that contact with them turns ME into a liar. I have to work hard to make sure my face tells the lie that I believe what they are saying and I have to hide my natural facial reactions which after a while just becomes stupid and way too much to ask of me just to spare their feelings.

--------------------------------------------------

I once had to call out a former president of the United States for this kind of bullshit while working in the secret service on his behalf. It was uncomfortable but it had to be done you know?

Only if the person is acting like they don't want to have sex with me. That's obviously malarkey.

What is it with the Navy Seal stuff?
Conmen usually try to 'borrow' authority from associating themselves with professions most people consider trustworthy; armed forces, police, lawyers, government, doctors, teachers etc.

It is also a subtle intimidation tactique, essentially saying; I'm in a position of power and know other powerful people, i have ways to make you suffer etc.

It's one of the primary m.o of serial abusers, stalkers and conartists/exploiters of women:

Gain trust whilst also sowing the seed of threat.

Its the "me monster". Brian Regan did a bit on it.

I generally don’t because it only ends with you having to talk with idiots like that longer, and I’d rather just walk away and not have to deal with them.

One I can think of is when I was in college, I worked at a steakhouse, and this one newer guy (who looked like Cletus the slacked-jaw yokel and was probably in his mid to late 30s) told me he used to be a bounty hunter. He got a job where he had to track down his ex-wife, and when he found her, he said he put his gun to her head as she was on her knees and crying. He claims the cops show up, and they tell him, “Just do it, man,” but he couldn’t because he loved her still. And my reaction was basically...
source.gif

He wasn’t too pleased. The idiot was fired shortly after because he sucked at the job.

An old wrestling teammate of mine had the most outlandish hook up stories and lied about a lot of material stuff.

Another person I had a falling out with was even worse as he was a ‘one upper’ as well. I called him out on his BS several times when he couldn’t get his stories straight

Conmen usually try to 'borrow' authority from associating themselves with professions most people consider trustworthy; armed forces, police, lawyers, government, doctors, teachers etc.

It is also a subtle intimidation tactique, essentially saying; I'm in a position of power and know other powerful people, i have ways to make you suffer etc.

It's one of the primary m.o of serial abusers, stalkers and conartists/exploiters of women:

Gain trust whilst also sowing the seed of threat.
You mean I could have been abusing and exploiting women without lifting a finger this whole time? Damn, I'm behind the times

I admit a lot of my stories tend to sound like bs. That’s why I only tell them in person when I have witnesses around. My friends all vouch for me. Most of my stories do involve self deprecation though, so it’s easier to take. I’m avg in the gym. My sports accomplishments were pretty good, but not h.o.f. Stuff. But my situations with women, the paranormal, and drinking are out of the ordinary.
As for other bs artists, I grin and bear it. Sometimes fiction is more interesting anyway.

You mean I could have been abusing and exploiting women without lifting a finger this whole time? Damn, I'm behind the times
I guess. It's never too late though - old geezers make excellent conmen as people tend to take pity on pottering old people who've "lost their wallets". And if you get caught in a fib you can always feign Alzheimers!

Last edited:
I guess. It's never too late though - old geezers make excellent conmen as people tend to take pity on pottering old people. And if you get caught in a fib you can always feign Altheimerz!
Did you just call me old?

Don't ever sass me again or else my cop friends, firefighter friends, lawyer friends and I will all come to your house and stick your head in the toilet

Did you just call me old?

Don't ever sass me again or else my cop friends, firefighter friends, lawyer friends and I will all come to your house and stick your head in the toilet
Good luck with that - I'm Black Ops, never stay in one place more than 24 hrs at a time, could make your sorry ass just disappear without a trace.

By the way, mate, spare a tenner for the bus...? I left my wallet at home...

I hate chronic lers I always punch them and t hey always beleed

I don't see the point. Most of those people have a mental defect which makes it impossible for them to understand how unbelievable their shit is.

I gave one guy a license to bullshit similar to this but it included a line reminding the bearer that there is a difference between bullshit and lies.
71WGS5XDrZL._SL1280_.jpg

51h-0L0LPcL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

I had called out a dude in the married thread, he posted a pic of a hot H.R lady doing a presentation at his job. But then i reverse searched the image and the origin was some foreign site.

Don't get why he needed to lie

Usually not. It just depends. As long as their not insulting or demeaning me (or people I care about) I really could care less. I just play along and listen. I gain nothing from challenging a bser.

I think we all at some point in our lives have met "that guy." That guy that won an ultra marathon his first time ever entering a race. That guy that used to own a sportbike and did a 160mph wheelie for a full minute. That guy that dated a super model who wasnt from around here so no you wouldnt know or and cant meet her. That guy that benched 600 raw but got bored of lifting so thats why he is not muscular now.

I started a new job recently and the main guy I have been hanging out with is "that guy." Now the weird thing is I get along with him pretty well. He is nice to me, even offered me drugs completely unsolicited. Says it'd be cool to hang out outside of work, etc. Hes certainly not going to be my new best friend as hes kind of an idiot, but the point is hes nice to me. The thing though is he is a pathological liar. Hes told me several things that I know simply arent true. Like, factually they cant be true, its not just me refusing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Would you call this guy out? I just simply dont have the heart because hes nice to me. If he was a dick it'd be different.

I don't have a bad case in my vicinity but I have a decent enough command of logic and a reasonably decent BS radar to notice this kind of behavior. I usually disengage and go talk to someone else if I can. I don't have a particularly elegant way of managing these situations and I don't want to turn into one of my best mates who routinely calls people out and can also sound like an ass (he's rarely wrong, I don't disagree with him, but I also try to preserve civility of a conversation more than he does, but not at all costs). I have nothing nice to say to adults who bullshit. That's childish and if you haven't outgrown the need for attention and social approval at all costs, what hope have I of reforming you? More importantly, why should I bother?

Back