This Tweet From the Onion Has Many People Upset - Too Far?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
IMG_0291.PNG

I personally think it's hilarious. Thoughts?

Nah not a subject to be mocked.

Anyone who gets upset at that shit probably isn't going to be around complaining about it for long

I don’t find it hilarious. At most I got a chuckle. Doesn’t upset me.

I know a kid who killed himself recently so I’m not liking it. I imagine his family would really be bothered but it. But if it wasn’t so fresh I’d probably be indifferent to it.

Whenever it's reported that 'many people are upset' i've found that it's not that many people. I think it's pretty funny. Dark humor goes a long way in getting through tough times.

Its funny..
My uncle is old and wants to end his life, he will find this hilarious.
Fuck upset people already. Why did people start paying attention to whining humorless losers.
Edit: I don't mean you are such just because you don't like it... But if you're making news because of how upset you are then maybe you are.

Last edited:
Don't find it funny, feel that's probably in poor taste.

Now I'm over it.

Do you realise the guys who post stuff like that want people to be triggered?

Dark humour is a great thing but it has no limits, I remember watching stand up comedies that were just taking the piss out of 9/11 not even that long after it happened, it isn't for the faint of heart in anyway.

But considering we live in a world where people get triggered and salty about someone sending 'prayers' to someone, i'd say whoever posted this is sat there smiling like a Cheshire cat at the level of troll.

Like most things, it's not that offensive unless you've been effected by the subject matter. Never had a suicide in my family/friends so I don't mind, but I could see how it might bother some.

Not upset at the subject matter. Disappointed in how lame the joke is. The Onion is usually a little more clever than that.

To me it's borderline.

Conceptually anything is game for humour, but I don't personally know anyone who has committed suicide.

It's funny until it happens to you.

But it hasn't happened to me, so it's hilarious.

The world has gone so crazy, the headlines are so bizarre, that the Onion is practically obsolete in 2018.

If you don’t like it just keep scrolling. People need to seek out things so they can say they are offended.

My uncle killed himself by drowning him self in a barrel of water. So maybe I will be more upset if they use a big pale of water instead.

But I don't know.

SJW’s are killing comedy. If you don’t like it or you’re offended, don’t click or read it.

Nah not a subject to be mocked.

Wahhhh. Hey guess what? They’re joking!

Back