This Tweet From the Onion Has Many People Upset - Too Far?

how is the dog supposed to put the rope in place?

Do you realise the guys who post stuff like that want people to be triggered?

Dark humour is a great thing but it has no limits, I remember watching stand up comedies that were just taking the piss out of 9/11 not even that long after it happened, it isn't for the faint of heart in anyway.

But considering we live in a world where people get triggered and salty about someone sending 'prayers' to someone, i'd say whoever posted this is sat there smiling like a Cheshire cat at the level of troll.

Pretty much this. Tbh I can't tell if I personally have my limits to what I'd find funny when it comes to dark humor, but I'm of the opinion that you either allow it all or none. And as of now, I've not come across things Ive found distasteful. Unfunny, not very clever, sure. Taboo, nah. And again, it's a personal thing. I think Jim Jeffries had a good bit on the specific topic of butthurt.

What needs to happen in a person's head is the uncoupling of a joke from the general attitude about the topic of the joke. Logically speaking, it's not unlike complaining about a movie on the grounds of it being unrealistic. It's a movie, it's designed not to be.

I read it wrong and thought it was for depressed dogs. So I was annoyed originally. Then I re-read it and thought it was pretty damn funny.

View attachment 369303

I personally think it's hilarious. Thoughts?
That some funny shit... people need to stop being so fucking wishy-washy and offended by everything... If you don't like a magazine - don't read it... if you don't like something on TV -- don't watch it. If you don't like something I said... fuck off and go away. America is becoming pretty pathetic. (And fuck the little bastard snowflake that reported me for offending them and getting me a yellow.)

I wasn't triggered by it, I just didn't laugh. The Onion's usually got more inventive material than that.

2018 and now you're a SJW if you don't find suicide amusing.

Jesus fucking Christ get a grip you gimps.

Pretty much this. Tbh I can't tell if I personally have my limits to what I'd find funny when it comes to dark humor, but I'm of the opinion that you either allow it all or none. And as of now, I've not come across things Ive found distasteful. Unfunny, not very clever, sure. Taboo, nah. And again, it's a personal thing. I think Jim Jeffries had a good bit on the specific topic of butthurt.

What needs to happen in a person's head is the uncoupling of a joke from the general attitude about the topic of the joke. Logically speaking, it's not unlike complaining about a movie on the grounds of it being unrealistic. It's a movie, it's designed not to be.
That's the thing, it is something alot of people will never be able to handle and should avoid at all costs.

I'm pretty desensitized to most things to be honest and can honestly say nothing in a joke form would ever bother me on a show, i've heard it all, jokes about rape, children, terrorism, racism you name it and alot of it is hilarious but it is entirely plausible I am twisted as is the dark humour audience lol.

I would never expect someone who doesn't get it to try and 'get it' if that makes sense?

Have you ever seen an anti-depressant drug commercial? They clearly state that some of the side-effect can include feelings of suicide.

That's the thing, it is something alot of people will never be able to handle and should avoid at all costs.

I'm pretty desensitized to most things to be honest and can honestly say nothing in a joke form would ever bother me on a show, i've heard it all, jokes about rape, children, terrorism, racism you name it and alot of it is hilarious but it is entirely plausible I am twisted as is the dark humour audience lol.

I would never expect someone who doesn't get it to try and 'get it' if that makes sense?

Yep - you either do or don't, I don't think there's much to be gained in trying, or in trying to convince people. It's one thing to explain a joke, quite another to explain why something isn't offensive within a context. You either prioritize context automatically, or you don't.

Not there best work, I don’t get rustled by comedy unless it’s Dane Cook; that I cannot abide.

2018 and now you're a SJW if you don't find suicide amusing.

Jesus fucking Christ get a grip you gimps.

Anything can be funny. This particular joke isn't very funny, but suicide is definitely not off limits.

I know a kid who killed himself recently so I’m not liking it. I imagine his family would really be bothered but it. But if it wasn’t so fresh I’d probably be indifferent to it.
I can relate, if this had happened right after my father offed himself I'd probably be a little more sensitive to it. Although seeing that after seeing a bevy of "service dogs" over the weekend did make me chuckle. Also it's the Onion, if you are going to be offended by the the Onion you really need to take a step back from the internet for awhile because there's a hell of a lot worse than the Onion out there.

Back