Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guns malfunctioning was better than what I thought happened at first... I thought rick set up snipers or some bull or the whisperers came out of nowhere.

Yep. They wanted to use a comic book moment but they completely fucked up all the circumstances surrounding it so it became nonsensical.
Rick was limping with the cane in that little dream sequence, wasn’t he? I thought for sure they’d have ...
the scene where Negan breaks his leg.

Rick was limping with the cane in that little dream sequence, wasn’t he? I thought for sure they’d have ...

Well Rousimar Palharess is said to be in season 9!

Yeah, I guess it’s was just Carl’s fantasy that Rick got an injured leg? It’s just a sloppy mess with comic elements thrown in whether they fit or not.

Was the final battle as good as the one with the incredible cgi tiger scene?

The Fear premiere was very good.
It was basically just Morgan running away from this monstronsity of a show to a much better one.

Hell, the first 10 minutes of Fear was more interesting than anything TWD has done since the S6 premiere.

Also, I don't see how Maggie and Darryl are going to convince the Hilltop to turn on Rick. The guy just saved everyone's ass from the Saviors. Him imprisoning Negan for life would not be enough to get everyone to turn on him. Unless she's thinking assassination, but she talked about building defenses, which makes me think that she's thinking war. I hope Darryl bites it next season, his character has been stale for a really long time now.

yeah another stupid plot twist that is not believable, its as believable as Rick and Michionne being a couple

Maggie becoming the villain? and wanting to kill Rick and Michionne and make them suffer? wtf is something wrong with her brain she lost her father and forgave, so all of a sudden she is not going to hear them out they want Negan to suffer and live with knowing, but the twist is NEgan will enjoy seeing the internal war and will have the last laugh because Maggie and Daryl want revenge

someone on the walking dead boards said TWD is going to have another spin off, this time following Dwight on his journey to search for his wife, and he will wind up going toward Canada.

Jesus was only finding out what was their planning.

Maggie killing Jesus is going to be the shocker, when she finds out Jesus was telling or warning Rick

Its almost predictable now, like when I said Eugune would use faulty bullets to prevent Negan from killing his friends and redeeming himself.

Terrible finale. Slits Negan’s throat... ‘uh... Save him.’ A minute later: ‘Hey, he’s fine everybody.’

The show wants to have it both ways: kill Negan, but then not actually kill him. No balls.

When the saviors’ guns all blew up and fell in a perfect line like dominos, it looked so stupid.

Tl/dr: This show sucks

I know Eugene would use the faulty bullets, I predicted it last week, but its weird nobody believed that theory, I posted it on the Walking dead boards as well and they told me naw Eugene is not going to help Ricks group by using exploding bullets.

I said its obvious they will do it because Gabe said he was making them that way and will not back down if Eugene puts him back in the assembly line he said he will continue to make them faulty, so Eugene hears its a trap and then puts Gabe back in the line, its weird that nobody would think that was going to happen it was easy to predict that would happen.

Negan getting his throat slashed was silly how the hell did he live his main artery was slashed and they talked for 3 minutes after, you cant patch someone up like that and have him live without a blood transfusion all his blood was flowing out of his neck

Lol. Maggie going to die because she wanted mo money.

I dont think she cares, she wants off the show, she got a TV pilot for ABC if that show clicks she will make more money its obvious turning her to the villain means she is dead next season

She wants to do more movie roles as well and not be tied down to a shit show that is going nowhere fast
Cohan recently signed on as the female lead in the ABC action drama pilot Whiskey Cavalier, starring opposite Scandal's Scott Foley. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the network and Whiskey producers ABC Studios were amenable to allowing the actress to return to The Walking Dead in a limited capacity to potentially close out Maggie's storyline.

Of course, things could change if Whiskey does not go to series and should Cohan and AMC come to terms on a deal for the actress to return. But given the months-long negotiation that promoted Cohan to make herself available for pilots, that seems unlikely at this point.
(Industry standard usually dictates that actors in series regular roles can do no more than three episodes of another show, unless another agreement is made in advance. This pilot season, many casting directors told THR that they've had to soften that policy in order to land top talent in a Peak TV era when many are juggling multiple projects.)

For his part, outgoing showrunner Scott M. Gimple told THR ahead of Sunday's season eight finale that news on Cohan's front would be coming "soon." He told THR in March that he was "pretty positive" both sides could come to an agreement for Cohan to return in some capacity. "We're talking; I'm pretty positive. We're figuring it out. The timing could work well, so all good," he said.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-9-will-lauren-cohan-return-1102897

The reason they will never kill Daryl is because all the fans who still watch the show feverishly are those redneck white girls who crush on him bad, you see them at the comic cons fat white girls with glasses, skinny redneck nerd girls all there for Daryl, he has the biggest fanbase on the show so they wont kill him off.

Last edited:
So when is Season 4 premiere of Fear the Walking dead airing?
The premiere was good, but short, and sadly I believe Salazar is dead, they didnt even show him in the previews for season 4.

The Fear premiere was very good.
It was basically just Morgan running away from this monstronsity of a show to a much better one.

Hell, the first 10 minutes of Fear was more interesting than anything TWD has done since the S6 premiere.

lol yeah I loved it, Morgan ran like the wind to a better show, I liked Fear that season 4 opening episode 1 was way better than the entire finale of TWD

I think like others have said the reason Fear is better is because there is no comic book to read ahead, its entirely organic and unpredictable.

Terrible finale. Slits Negan’s throat... ‘uh... Save him.’ A minute later: ‘Hey, he’s fine everybody.’

The show wants to have it both ways: kill Negan, but then not actually kill him. No balls.

When the saviors’ guns all blew up and fell in a perfect line like dominos, it looked so stupid.

Tl/dr: This show sucks

LOL! Petey you still watched every episode! Howd you do it??

BTW how did they cross morgatello over?

lol yeah I loved it, Morgan ran like the wind to a better show, I liked Fear that season 4 opening episode 1 was way better than the entire finale of TWD

I think like others have said the reason Fear is better is because there is no comic book to read ahead, its entirely organic and unpredictable.

Yes, Fear isn't stuck to the comic book canon thankfully.
Which means more realistic characters and no issues with trying to tie in the comic book plotlines and the TV show plotlines.

TWD pretty much jumped the shark in the Glenn dumpster episode, or as i like to call it, this show has dove under the dumpster.

Apparently in the zamby Apocolypse, they have the ability to patch up a slit throat

And they don't play awful background music like in Walking Dead. It makes a huge difference.

do we even have a Fear thread for this new season?

i'd rather keep Fear comments to a thread dedicated to Fear.

PS: it was great seeing Luciana return. not only is Fear better when it comes to storytelling and plots, it also has better eye candy at this point in time, ever since Rosita stopped wearing the daisy dukes shorts.

do we even have a Fear thread for this new season?

i'd rather keep Fear comments to a thread dedicated to Fear.

PS: it was great seeing Luciana return. not only is Fear better when it comes to storytelling and plots, it also has better eye candy at this point in time, ever since Rosita stopped wearing the daisy dukes shorts.

Ill take luciana anyday over rosita

The premiere was good, but short, and sadly I believe Salazar is dead, they didnt even show him in the previews for season 4.

Thats Sad Salazar is by far my favorite in the whole Walking dead universe him Morgan meeting would be nice.

Now this will be interesting Morgan is now the "All lives are precious" Morgan and he meets probably the most Kill happy protagonist in the Walking Dead universe.

If Morgan thinks the "Journalists" interviews are annoying wait till he is interviewed by Salazar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back