I can't learn how to play guitar because I'm afraid of guitar strings

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I've always wanted to play guitar but I'm afraid of the strings snapping and coiling up and poking me in the eye. Seriously, it scares the hell outta me! Every time I try to pick at the guitar I flinch and move my head back in anticipation and put on the worst performances.

I'm also afraid to blow up balloons.

They are more afraid of you than you are of them good sir

Just wear a welder's mask. Could be a gimmick that makes you a star.

Like this guy.

Thank god you arent afraid to make dumb threads.

More insights into the mind of @Clippy. Have you made arrangements to donate your brain to science?

More insights into the mind of @Clippy. Have you made arrangements to donate your brain to science?

I refuse to be on any donors list, that's how they get ya, don't want doctors runnin me off the road for my organs

Guitar Hero, bruh. A way to live out your fantasy without getting sliced up like a sausage.

jZXOZ.gif

Try starting with the Ukulele. Fun instrument and pretty easy to learn. A lot of songs can be played with just a few chords.

Drop the tuning (half a step or 1 step lower will do) and the strings will never snap.<BirdieOwn>

I aleays saw you as a banjo type of guy anyways clippy

I've lost 4 fingers to snapped guitar strings over the years. Now all I can play is Green Day.

That is some weird ass phobia you've got there, friend.

I've always wanted to play guitar but I'm afraid of the strings snapping and coiling up and poking me in the eye. Seriously, it scares the hell outta me! Every time I try to pick at the guitar I flinch and move my head back in anticipation and put on the worst performances.

Doesn't happen. The only way they snap like that is if you overtune them and even then, they don't go snapping at you dangerously.

Clippy starting out: Full of optimish

IMG_3109.JPG

Clippy after guitar string disaster, dreams dashed to pieces

IMG_3105.JPG

I actually have that same fear.

Maybe play with gloves on and Wear a riot shield mask?

I actually have that same fear.

Maybe play with gloves on and Wear a riot shield mask?

I can't put my heart and soul and feels through gloves

I got no glove bro

Back