NCAA Wrestling

WVU snags Tim Flynn away from Edinboro.

I finally got to watch all the World Cup matches....Kyle Snyder came out to Stone Cold entrance song once again!!

He hit a suck back in a scramble. Not a position you'd normally stick a guy with.

Commentator mentioned that the US was using quite a few folkstyle techniques during the World Cup.

It was remarked during Jordan's match and with Steiber attempting to throw in the legs before being stood up.

HWT - Gwiz looked great but he's just keeping the spot warm until Gable matures. I don't think he'll repeat with another medal but he'll be competitive unless he gets a shit draw.
Its too bad Steveson didn't wrestle at the Bill Farrell for whatever reason bc I honestly think he might be right there already.

Commentator mentioned that the US was using quite a few folkstyle techniques during the World Cup.

It was remarked during Jordan's match and with Steiber attempting to throw in the legs before being stood up.
Burroughs commented in an interview after "Don't forget I still wrestle folkstyle everyday...."

I guess he was referring to his coaching gig.

Tim Flynn takes over at WVU.

Sucks for Edinboro but PSAC schools outside of PSU don't have much job security right now, so I can't say I blame him

Olympic Silver Medalist Migran Arutyunyan will make his MMA debut next month at Fight Nights Global.

U know who he's training with?
Interesting, he seems to be in LA right now. Training with Gamburyan and other Armenian/American fighters over there. Good move imo. But he has seemed to be training in Main Event Gym in Moscow. A gym that I am not really familiar with.

Interesting, he seems to be in LA right now. Training with Gamburyan and other Armenian/American fighters over there. Good move imo. But he has seemed to be training in Main Event Gym in Moscow. A gym that I am not really familiar with.
Makes sense. I know Martin Berberyan trains there a lot (In LA and at Glendale and Hayastan) as wrestling coach even though he has absolutely zero interest in fighting himself.

Makes sense. I know Martin Berberyan trains there a lot (In LA and at Glendale and Hayastan) as wrestling coach even though he has absolutely zero interest in fighting himself.
I just hope that he doesn't waste his talent and trains at Glendale... I don't want to see him get ko'd by not using head-movement, lol.

I just hope that he doesn't waste his talent and trains at Glendale... I don't want to see him get ko'd by not using head-movement, lol.
No need to worry (i think), I believe it is Hayastan that other big time wrestlers like Martin Berberyan trains at, not Glendale. Berberyan is an interesting case (if youre not familiar). Armenian wrestling royalty, 3x Olympian, won the 2004 European championships and beat the Turk in a HEATED medal match that kinda made him a legend. Then he came to the US a little too old too make waves and tried to make the 2012 Olympic team but failed. I believe hes been involved in the wrestling club and MMA training scene for a while. Ronda has trained with him a lot.

I think Chamizo will do well at 74, but guys like Tsabolov and Burroughs will be too strong for him imo.

Back