Most Phenomenal Film You've Ever Seen?

Conan The Barbarian(1982)

giphy.gif

Raiders - it’s easy to forget just how good this film was
Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight
On Golden Pond -take my man card, but this was a great film

Grand Budapest Hotel as my non cliche pick.

I don't know how many times I've watched this movie, The Last Wave, it just continues to be absolutely fascinating to me - hypnotic, dreamy, beautiful, eerie, atmospheric, landscapes within landscapes, stories within stories, a great soundtrack and David Gulpilil and the tribal elder Nanji are outstanding. The entire cast is great, even the deadpan Chamberlain is perfect in this role.

Also loved Mallick's The Thin Red Line, for similar qualities, though The Last Wave is infinitely more intriguing on (repeat) reviewing because it's so much more wildly and tangibly abstract.

Mm never heard of this movie, will defo check it out it looks great, a little like Wake in fright.

I love ozzy movie, sone of their home grown stuff is awesome, The Castle, Mad Max, Harrold and Maude.

Blue Velvet blu me away.

My favorite film is John Carpenter's The Thing so of course I would suggest that but some other must see films of mine are-

Escape From New York
Big Trouble in Little China
Halloween
They Live
Alien
Blade Runner
The Terminator
Robocop
Predator
Conan The Barbarian
The Exorcist
Jaws
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Mad Max
The Road Warrior
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Hellraiser

Royal Tenenbaums, I've seen both RT and Life Aquatic over 50 times.

tumblr_ml1obdjXVW1qj18llo1_1280.gif

Goosebumps everytime I see this scene.

Each character is so fleshed out, and each one identifiable.

Wes Anderson's movies are great, you sucked up into the movie as it is so well made and cared for in every single detail

i have alot of picks for this but im gonna just post five:

-Braveheart

-Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

-Revolver

-Fight Club

-eXistenZ

Name that ONE film which will always be in your heart forever, and would always keep on recommending to your peers.

Braveheart.

But imma be a dirty fucking cheater and add:

Inception
The departed
Gladiator
LOTR trilogy
Training day

And frankly i got a lot more but those are the top tier. There are many right by there.

I think I've walked away from Spike Jonze's films feeling the most impressed. BEING JOHN MALKOVICH is probably my favorite film for its sheer audacity and inventiveness, and the fact his first time as a screenwriter struck Oscar gold with HER is nothing short of awe-inspiring. I love his vision and sense of humor.

keener_malkovich_maxine.gif

Terminator 2
Alien and Aliens
Jurassic Park
Saving Private Ryan

All films made to perfection.

But the one that changed me was the Lord of the Rings trilogy, by far the greatest fantasy story ever told on film and ever will be told

Back