PFL 2018 #1 N.Y Thursday June 7th. Full card and official weigh ins

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/52570-pfl-2018-event-1-regular-season

Andre Harrison 17-0 vs Tuerxon Jumabieke 20-5

Lance Palmer 12-3 vs bekbulat magomedov 18-1

Capitao Almeida 18-7 vs Lee coville 4-1

Magomedov idrisov 8-2 vs Steven siler 29-17

Marcos Galvao 18-9 vs Nazareno malegarie 34-4

Timur valiev 12-2 vs Max coga 18-4

Mike Kyle 23-15 vs Shawn Jordan 19-8

Denis goltsov 21-5 vs nick rossborough 26-20

Jared rosholt 15-4 vs valdrim istrefi 12-1

Caio alencar 11-2 vs Jake heun 11-6

Josh Copeland 16-4 vs Jack may 9-3

Francimar barroso 19-7 vs Daniel Gallemore 7-4

Last edited:
There are a lot of familiar names on the card.

It could use some bigger names main eventing.

Im excited we have good quality mma to watch on the weekdays.

It beats an average Bellator card.
I'll easily take all of these fights over the numerous (2-1) randos fighting each other on Bellator's undercards.

Seeing an entire division on one card is going to be weird though.

Whatever makes the PFL stand out, I guess.

Last edited:
Barroso vs Gallimore are the only 2 HW not matches up for this show....

Edit:

Ariel confirms this matchup also

Last edited:
Seeing an entire division on one card is going to be weird though.

Whatever makes the PFL stand out, I guess.
I like the two divisions on a card in this format because it naturally builds a storyline. This booking allows the viewer to see all the heavyweights at once, on one card.

Last edited:
Well I'm at the very least way more interested to see this PFL season format play out than I was for any more wsof cards. Lets see how this goes since this is a pretty solid first offering on paper.

Well I'm at the very least way more interested to see this PFL season format play out than I was for any more wsof cards. Lets see how this goes since this is a pretty solid first offering on paper.

I agree

they shouldnt have matched up jordan vs kyle in the first round. those are two big names, split them up and hope they stay in for viewers.

Finally got around to clicking this, looks good I will be watching!

they shouldnt have matched up jordan vs kyle in the first round. those are two big names, split them up and hope they stay in for viewers.
they are two names but I wouldn't say Jordan was ever a big one. I expect him to decimate Kyle at this stage.

I wish they would actually come out and explain the reasoning behind all the matchups. Would be interesting and a first in MMA if they did it for all the fights. Could include it in the buildup footage, 30 second clip explaining each matchup. I wouldn't be surprised if certain favored fighters are being allowed to hand pick their opponents as part of their contract.

glad they are splitting up the weight classes onto different cards. I'm intrigued enough to give these shows a chance.

I like the two divisions on a card in this format because it naturally builds a storyline. This booking allows the viewer to see the all the heavyweights at once, on one card.
The more I think about it, the more I agree. Guarantees better cards.

Brandon Halsey stated on Instagram that he was fighting on the 2nd show (July 21st). I'm guessing the show after this one will be Light-Heavyweights and Lightweights on the card. Both of those divisions look pretty good. If this card is something to go by, then the early season schedule should look something like this:

Early season
June 7th - Heavyweights/Featherweights
June 21st - Light-Heavyweights/Lightweights
July 5th - Middleweights/Welterweights.

The June 21st card might have the most potential for stacked-ness, if I'm correct. Either that, or the divisions will be divided up more throughout shows as the season goes on. This show might be a one-off for full division cards considering the amount of shows' correlation with the amount of fights for each fighter.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I agree. Guarantees better cards.

Brandon Halsey stated on Instagram that he was fighting on the 2nd show (July 21st). I'm guessing the show after this one will be Light-Heavyweights and Lightweights on the card. Both of those divisions look pretty good. If this card is something to go by, then the early season schedule should look something like this:

Early season
June 7th - Heavyweights/Featherweights
June 21st - Light-Heavyweights/Lightweights
July 5th - Middleweights/Welterweights.

The June 21st card might have the most potential for stacked-ness, if I'm correct. Either that, or the divisions will be divided up more throughout shows as the season goes on. This show might be a one-off for full division cards considering the amount of shows' correlation with the amount of fights for each fighter.
If they put light heavy with lightweights that’s their best first round show by far I agree

Back