Does anyone here think Phil Davis is a tough fight for Jon Jones

who'd win

• Total voters
I like Davis but no, he would lose handily IMO. Davis wouldn't be able to take him down and he'd be lost on the feet. Jones via easy decision

Would look like the OSP fight. Easy 50-44 for Jon.

Looks like there is at least 1 Jones hate that voted. Davis has no chance. Way to one dimensional and Jones is probably the better grappler as well.

had they met a few years ago had Davis won against Rashad or Rumble and got that title shot

08phildavis.1327557108.0.jpg

he had the size and wrestling but his stand-up game was poor

phil davis could out wrestle jon.

Davis lost twice to Bader who was scared shitless of Jones.

IF davis couldn't beat bader, then he wouldn't beat jones.

If he can smoke D.C. who's more explosive, better boxing and superior wrestling there's no way he has any kind of trouble with Phil Davis. Phil Davis got owned by fucking king mo, Phil Davis got owned by Ryan Bader(they didn't gift him the decision in that fight) a guy who Jon Jones DOMINATED and finished.

Threads like this remind me of how just high up guys like Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier are in the MMA world. OSP Dominates LLiam McGury.

Rashad beat Davis, Jones beat Rashad. Mmamath works in this case.

I thought Davis was an intriguing matchup for Jones, even after his first loss to Shad. But after his "win" against Machida and Rumble completely bullying him I had no interest in a potential fight with Jones.

had they met a few years ago had Davis won against Rashad or Rumble and got that title shot

08phildavis.1327557108.0.jpg

he had the size and wrestling but his stand-up game was poor
Jones is better than him everywhere. I think Phil would get worked.

At no point in time, do I ever see Davis giving Jones even the remote potential for trouble.

Over 5 rounds - Phil is one guy I could see getting Jon down... Probably not keeping him there long and wouldn’t expect him to sub Jon...

Point being... Jon wins this fight 99/100..

Back