Joshua is offering Wilder a flat fee of $12.5M

Good discussion about the fight. Now everyone who can't go buy it. Don't stream it. Support the fighters. Yes, that confident it gets done. First beer always on me

I need the wine...

Bomb squad all day

I'm going to get shit for this lol

Let it flow outside your moist body Mr RR.... All must consume...

Good discussion about the fight. Now everyone who can't go buy it. Don't stream it. Support the fighters. Yes, that confident it gets done. First beer always on me
Apart from my shit talking. Thank you RR for keeping us updated. It's appreciated.

War AJ!

Youre completely full of shit lol. He can fight whoever isnt fighting Joshua. All of which are meaningful fights.

Really?

Name them?

He doesn't want Whyte, Povetikin is on Joshua's list so he's out and the only big fight for Wilder is Fury who Joshua will take after Povetkin or whoever he fights next.

Either way, Wilder gets ....... no more belts, no big money.

So enlighten me on who these big fights Wilder can get are?

Really?

Name them?

He doesn't want Whyte, Povetikin is on Joshua's list so he's out and the only big fight for Wilder is Fury who Joshua will take after Povetkin or whoever he fights next.

Either way, Wilder gets ....... no more belts, no big money.

So enlighten me on who these big fights Wilder can get are?
Already said hed take Whyte if they gauranteed AJ, so youre wrong there.

So, thats at least two big fights Wilder can take. AJ cant fight everyone at once lol.

Already said hed take Whyte if they gauranteed AJ, so youre wrong there.

He doesnt have the right to demand that, Whyte is his number one contendor and will auto get a shot at some point without any clauses and if it does get to that will also make a LOT less than if he were to stop posturing.

when Floyd and delahoya fought didn’t Floyd take a low flat fee, while Oscar took the lions share. Floyd won, and had the most lucrative prize fighting career of all time.

It’s a huge fight. Wilder should get more. He shouldn’t get 50%.
30-35% is fair.

Most fans are paying for Joshua. I hope wilder takes the fight and puts Joshua to sleep.

He doesnt have the right to demand that, Whyte is his number one contendor and will auto get a shot at some point without any clauses and if it does get to that will also make a LOT less than if he were to stop posturing.
Well, he did, and now hes about to get AJ.....soooo looks like a smart move.

Not sure how you take that as posturing. The dudes trying to fight the best.

Well, he did, and now hes about to get AJ.....soooo looks like a smart move.

Not sure how you take that as posturing. The dudes trying to fight the best.

He is, but if he keeps playing hardball Hearn will just simply smoke him out and he will have to fight Whyte for a lot less than he has been offered.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see a Wilder-Joshua fight next, but Hearn and Joshua have other options

He is, but if he keeps playing hardball Hearn will just simply smoke him out and he will have to fight Whyte for a lot less than he has been offered.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see a Wilder-Joshua fight next, but Hearn and Joshua have other options
They cant fight everyone at once. Its silly to say theyre going to put the entire division on hold.

Yes, AJ is obviously the most lucrative.

They cant fight everyone at once. Its silly to say theyre going to put the entire division on hold.

Yes, AJ is obviously the most lucrative.

Who said they are going to put the division on hold?

Joshua i think has a mandatory against Povetkin, and probably others after that as he holds a few belts, and Wilder has one with Whyte

It's not holding anything up at all, its fighters fighting who they should to oblige thier mandatory fights, and Wilder currently has 1, Joshua on the other hand has 3.

Call it what you will, but Joshua needs to keep hold of all of those belts for any sort of unification to happen, regardless of the money or bullshit involved.

Who said they are going to put the division on hold?

Joshua i think has a mandatory against Povetkin, and probably others after that as he holds a few belts, and Wilder has one with Whyte

It's not holding anything up at all, its fighters fighting who they should to oblige thier mandatory fights, and Wilder currently has 1, Joshua on the other hand has 3.

Call it what you will, but Joshua needs to keep hold of all of those belts for any sort of unification to happen, regardless of the money or bullshit involved.
You said AJ has other big fights and Wilder does not. That is patently false.

You said AJ has other big fights and Wilder does not. That is patently false.

Not at all, Wilder's only big fight he has is Joshua.

Joshua could fight anyone and its a big fight, do you think Povetkin and Whyte will favour a fight against Wilder against fighting Joshua?

Do you think a fight between Wilder and Whyte would generate even a slight interest in the US?

Or what about a fight between him and Povetkin?

I can guarantee that if Joshua fought either of them, he would sell out a 80k stadium and sell close to 1M PPV buys in the UK alone

I think Joshua is the BIG fight in this situation regardless of who he fights

Joshua could fight anyone and its a big fight, do you think Povetkin and Whyte will favour a fight against Wilder against fighting Joshua?

Do you think a fight between Wilder and Whyte would generate even a slight interest in the US?

I can guarantee that if Joshua fought either of them, he would sell out a 80k stadium and sell close to 1M PPV buys in the UK alone

I think Joshua is the BIG fight in this situation regardless of who he fights
Jesus fuck this is ridiculous. AJ cannot fight the entire division at once. AJ is not going to hold up the entire division. There are other fights to make besides AJ.

Youve legitimately lost it.

You do realize there was a purse bid for the fight between Wilder and Povetkin right?

And that it was actually over 7 million bucks and Wilder's cut was contracted and signed at 70%?

And he traveled overseas for the fight?

And it only fell through because Povetkin doped?

So your whole there are no fights for Wilder thing is pure nonsense. He can fight ANYONE that Joshua can fight for millions of dollars.

Just because for some unfathomable reason YOU think any fight not involving Joshua is meaningless doesn't make it fucking true.

You do realize there was a purse bid for the fight between Wilder and Povetkin right?

And that it was actually over 7 million bucks and Wilder's cut was contracted and signed at 70%?

And he traveled overseas for the fight?

And it only fell through because Povetkin doped?

So your whole there are no fights for Wilder thing is pure nonsense. He can fight ANYONE that Joshua can fight for millions of dollars.

Just because for some unfathomable reason YOU think any fight not involving Joshua is meaningless doesn't make it fucking true.

And you think Wilder will be happy taking much smaller pay days rather than getting the Joshua fight for tens of millions? If he gets just one fight with Joshua he'd earn many times what he could have ever earned before or after. Plus if he beats Joshua he'll be able to command a lot lot more than ever before. Wilder wants a fight with Joshua so badly because of the money, that is undeniable.

And you think Wilder will be happy taking much smaller pay days rather than getting the Joshua fight for tens of millions? If he gets just one fight with Joshua he'd earn many times what he could have ever earned before or after. Plus if he beats Joshua he'll be able to command a lot lot more than ever before. Wilder wants a fight with Joshua so badly because of the money, that is undeniable.
This has nothing to do with whether or not there are other fights for him.

This has nothing to do with whether or not there are other fights for him.

Other fights, yes, other BIG $ Fights?? Not really.

What makes Povetkin/Fury & even Whyte "Big Money Fights" isn't them, it's Joshua. Like it or not, he's the big money generator in the division at the moment.

Other fights, yes, other BIG $ Fights?? Not really.

What makes Povetkin/Fury & even Whyte "Big Money Fights" isn't them, it's Joshua. Like it or not, he's the big money generator in the division at the moment.
In comparison to what? AJ? If AJ is the standard were setting for “big fights” then nothing outside of fights with AJ or Canelo is “big money”. Which is a silly standard.

Wilder was going to make at least 5 mil from Povetkin. Likely the same for Whyte. Likely the same for Fury. In comparison to all of boxing, thats big money.

Back