Deactivated my Facebook account 3 weeks ago and.....

I did that shit like 2 years ago. Feels great - I have enough shit to worry about, don't need the drama and don't care what my "friends" ate for dinner or went on vacation.

Deleted it 3 years ago, love not having it. Makes you value privacy and being able to be alone or not in touch with everyone. Only social media I have are Snapchat and Sherdog.

Make sure to delete it fully. Deletefacebook.com

It's only older people that use it now. Teenagers and people in their early 20s have moved on.

Facebook is already experiencing a slow death.
Where am I supposed to be?!

Legit shook my head when I saw reddit in the 2nd post.

I joined a couple of years back just to see if i could find any old class-mates. Once i finished with all my searching i deactivated the account.
Don't want anything to do with Facebook and very little to do with Google. I use Duck Duck Go for a search engine, but unfortunately i do use Youtube, which obviously is owned by Google. I wish there was an alternative to Youtube that was as good as Youtube.

Make sure to delete it fully. Deletefacebook.com
I deleted mine in 2013 and my sister recently told me that my page was still up and active. Logged in and sure enough there were years of notifications. Had to delete it again. Will double check and do this. Tricky bastards!

Mark Zuckerburg just sent everyone with an active account $1000 as an apology for his screw up. sorry you missed out
This is actually an interesting proposition. I'd be curious to know what people value their private info and thoughts/beliefs at.

Personally, I'd need 6 figures before considering a social media company data-mining my mind. Even then I'd want stipulations like no unintended access to friends/family.

Lol @ Cans not realizing theres always been a delete, spam and censor setting..

....it has been a nice 3 weeks. No getting "alerts" anymore about people liking a post. No more chain messages on Messenger.

I was wasting an hour a day or more on it, It is a good feeling.

Anyone else?

now go a step further and delete that shit.
download your profile/photos first though.

I don't go on Facebook a tenth as much as I did a few years ago. I almost deleted my account during the 2016 election because I was tired of the constant arguing between friends and grandstanding.

I check it maybe once or twice a day and I hardly ever post anything now. I just keep it to stay connected with old high school friends but even that is becoming tiresome.

I do have an Instagram account. No Twitter or Snapchat tho

It's only older people that use it now. Teenagers and people in their early 20s have moved on.

Facebook is already experiencing a slow death.
they bought 10 more years when they acquired Instagram, but that too will die in the near future. I have no idea what the kids are using nowadays but rest assured that none of us corny old guys are on it.

Back